• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fair market value for restored Action #7 3.0?
1 1

79 posts in this topic

I have an opportunity to purchase an Action #7 3.0 with moderate restoration including color touch from a local dealer. I'm a relatively new collector.  The problem I am having is I don't have a good database upon which to make a judgment about its fair market value. I'm told that GPA is of limited value as more and more GA books are being restored and conserved. I was hoping to use the expertise of this community to get some orientation for an estimated range for a book like this. Once I have photos I can certainly include them. Any thoughts would be very helpful.

This Extensively restored 5.0 copy ( with partial color copy for the cover ) went for 22K this week.

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3FFocused%3D1%23Item_1163816&id=1163816

Your copy should likely go for more (considering decent eye appeal and PQ).

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Manray said:

I have an opportunity to purchase an Action #7 3.0 with moderate restoration including color touch from a local dealer. I'm a relatively new collector.  The problem I am having is I don't have a good database upon which to make a judgment about its fair market value. I'm told that GPA is of limited value as more and more GA books are being restored and conserved. I was hoping to use the expertise of this community to get some orientation for an estimated range for a book like this. Once I have photos I can certainly include them. Any thoughts would be very helpful.

:/

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

I have been looking for a copy for a bit and I still don't know FMV (shrug)

oh for sure with very rare mega keys gpa is one of many tools that may or may not provide much reference material i agree with that.  my face was in reference to the more books being restored and conserved so dont use gpa.  i dont agree with either points in that statement.

2 minutes ago, rainmaker said:

oh for sure with very rare mega keys gpa is one of many tools that may or may not provide much reference material i agree with that.  my face was in reference to the more books being restored and conserved so dont use gpa.  i dont agree with either points in that statement.

(shrug)

This is my first post in the "new forum".

I have to disagree with Ben here on FMV.  Given a conserved 7.0 AC7 sold in the CC auction for $40,500, just two month ago, I don't think a restored 3.0 would warrant $35K - $45K.  I could be wrong.

Harold, I hope you find yourself that elusive copy you are looking for.  I know you miss having one.

I completely missed the beginning of the recent CLink auction.  I thought someone said an AC7 sold on that, but I don't know grade or price.   Is there a way to research what books sold for on CLink?  Or does anyone know what (if any) single digit Actions went for?

21 minutes ago, Hudson said:

This is my first post in the "new forum".

I have to disagree with Ben here on FMV.  Given a conserved 7.0 AC7 sold in the CC auction for $40,500, just two month ago, I don't think a restored 3.0 would warrant $35K - $45K.  I could be wrong.

Harold, I hope you find yourself that elusive copy you are looking for.  I know you miss having one.

I completely missed the beginning of the recent CLink auction.  I thought someone said an AC7 sold on that, but I don't know grade or price.   Is there a way to research what books sold for on CLink?  Or does anyone know what (if any) single digit Actions went for?

Hey Hudson glad you got over her bud. Action 7 clink auction

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3FFocused%3D1%23Item_1163816&id=1163816 22k

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

Thanks Harold.

Were there any other single digit Actions up for bid?

Ya a beat copy of Action 1 missing most of back cover 42k :roflmao:. No there was only the 7 that was worth anything No copy of 1 just kidding. I had to give you a jump start bud.:hi:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:Good one, Sir.

If I had missed out on an AC1 for $42K in any grade, I think I would be beside myself.

Good to know I didn't miss any other single digits.  I really need to start remembering when these Clink auctions are.

Seems I only find out about them when I log onto the boards and see people posting their wins.

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:Good one, Sir.

If I had missed out on an AC1 for $42K in any grade, I think I would be beside myself.

Good to know I didn't miss any other single digits.  I really need to start remembering when these Clink auctions are.

Seems I only find out about them when I log onto the boards and see people posting their wins.

I was just editing my post when your reply showed up. I felt bad to do that since your luck on Action 1 has been bad. Have a great night Hudson and when I get a copy of Action :wishluck: I help you look for yours.:cry:

6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

This Extensively restored 5.0 copy ( with partial color copy for the cover ) went for 22K this week.

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3FFocused%3D1%23Item_1163816&id=1163816

Your copy should likely go for more (considering decent eye appeal and PQ).

I'm thinking this copy went cheap at $22k because it was extensive/amateur. I do believe  a mod (P) 3.0 would go at least a third FMV of a 3.0 blue label copy.