• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fair market value for restored Action #7 3.0?
1 1

79 posts in this topic

Thank you for input! Very helpful. Will follow up after tomorrow. BTW, my comment about conservation/restoration and the limits of GPA was more about an impression I got from various boardies and by no means dogma.  Always interested in learning about other helpful resources. 

7 hours ago, Primetime said:

I'm thinking this copy went cheap at $22k because it was extensive/amateur. I do believe  a mod (P) 3.0 would go at least a third FMV of a 3.0 blue label copy. 

I think a Mod 3.0 would fetch around 30-35K at auction.

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I think a Mod 3.0 would fetch around 30-35K at auction.

I think this is about right.

Of course, when it comes to auctions, one never knows.  If two big players want the same book then things can get crazy.  Given recent auction prices, however, on this book (which are few), I think this is a reasonable estimate.

It turns out the book is raw,no restoration to the cover jacket (which looks great and seemingly untouched at least with my measly UV light and loupe) but all the pages (complete) had been detached and essentially re-connected to the spine with small amounts rice paper and tape. A really nice looking attempt by an amateur but far from the 3.0 reported to me. Not sure what it is graded but food for thought...

will keep you updated if I pull the trigger

14 hours ago, woowoo said:

I was just editing my post when your reply showed up. I felt bad to do that since your luck on Action 1 has been bad. Have a great night Hudson and when I get a copy of Action :wishluck: I help you look for yours.:cry:

Aint nobody on here gonna get no action 1

right?

3 hours ago, Manray said:

It turns out the book is raw,no restoration to the cover jacket (which looks great and seemingly untouched at least with my measly UV light and loupe) but all the pages (complete) had been detached and essentially re-connected to the spine with small amounts rice paper and tape. A really nice looking attempt by an amateur but far from the 3.0 reported to me. Not sure what it is graded but food for thought...

will keep you updated if I pull the trigger

Let us know if you decide NOT to pull the trigger and let us know where we can go shopping.

7 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Let us know if you decide NOT to pull the trigger and let us know where we can go shopping.

Let Me know    I wont forget you:wishluck: Sorry Hudson

Edited by woowoo

2 minutes ago, woowoo said:

+ some money for you

+1.  Finder's fee would be warranted.

Of course, I would like Harold to have first shot (if you decide not to pull the trigger).  He has been wanting one for a long time.

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

+1.  Finder's fee would be warranted.

Of course, I would like Harold to have first shot (if you decide not to pull the trigger).  He has been wanting one for a long time.

Hudson go to top right of screen click you name go to account settings than sig and put your eye candy back.

2 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Hudson go to top right of screen click you name go to account settings than sig and put your eye candy back.

I can't see anyone's sig line.

Probably because I am computer illiterate (Hope I can say that and not offend anyone).

7 minutes ago, Hudson said:

I can't see anyone's sig line.

Probably because I am computer illiterate (Hope I can say that and not offend anyone).

Top of page to your name top right then  click your name than go to account settings.

Click signature than turn View signatures on

Edited by woowoo

11 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Top of page to your name top right then  click your name than go to account settings.

Click signature than turn View signatures on

Thank you, Sir.

That worked!!!

17 hours ago, Hudson said:

I have to disagree with Ben here on FMV.  Given a conserved 7.0 AC7 sold in the CC auction for $40,500, just two month ago, I don't think a restored 3.0 would warrant $35K - $45K.  I could be wrong.

Looks like Lasry's 7.0 Conserved copy sold at a relatively low price then:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=682275&title=ACTIONCOMICS-1938

I believe this is what normally happens when you put a ton of books out there at the same time (over 1,200 in this case) as it's easy for nice books to get loss in the crowd as there are just so many other things to go for at the same time.  A big one-time dump makes a big splash, but not necessarily the best way to get top dollars on your books.  hm

Edited by lou_fine
Insert link

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I believe this is what normally happens when you put a ton of books out there at the same time (over 1,200 in this case) as it's easy for nice books to get loss in the crowd as there are just so many other things to go for at the same time.  A big one-time dump makes a big splash, but not necessarily the best way to get top dollars on your books.

Yup. Wonder how the Jon Berk collection will play out.

Edited by Gotham Kid