• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Happened ??
1 1

47 posts in this topic

What has happened to this community ?

Where is the passion ? Where is the fire?

Where is the debate ? Are we locked into the status quo ?

Are you happy with the way things are?

The status quo never advances anyone or anything.

I look at the boards as they exist today and see stagnation.

Post remain with zero activity for days.  It was not so long-

ago that post would go for 15-20 pages weekly. Now a post

is 'on fire' if it has 30 post total.  Have we reached the point

of 'burn out'?? Take a risk. Be bold. Start something.

Why remain if you no longer care??

If people are uncomfortable with using the boards they will not use them.

The more people use the boards the more they will become used to using them. 

It will take some time but either there will be some new blood where this version of the boards is all they know or the older users will acclimate themselves to navigating through the boards.  

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I'm at the point where I have gotten used to most of the functionality of the chat forum.

I still think it's not very easy to navigate.

I used to pop in from time to time and whip through and get caught up when I was busy. Now I actually avoid it altogether because I feel overwhelmed once I get on and don't want the headache.

I don't know if it will ever be as comfortable as the old set up. Even with lots of experience.

Ergonomics and ease if us / interfac beats bells and whistles everytime IMO. Unless you're young (as in teenager). Then you don't realize what you're missing when you lean towards bells and whistles.

I can say that because I own six teenagers. :kidaround:

I think it's because the industry has stagnated. how many times can marvel or DC rewrite the same stories? Image is kicking with new stories, but popular characters with cr@ppy stories aren't moving anything anywhere. We need a game changer. 

13 hours ago, Gunnz said:

I think it's because the industry has stagnated. how many times can marvel or DC rewrite the same stories? Image is kicking with new stories, but popular characters with cr@ppy stories aren't moving anything anywhere. We need a game changer. 

You are on to something here as I have not bought a new marvel title in

two years, and only buy one DC. Have gotten into Image and independent titles.

Edited by The Brain

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

The more people use the boards the more they will become used to using them. 

It will take some time but either there will be some new blood where this version of the boards is all they know or the older users will acclimate themselves to navigating through the boards.  

Best answer ^^

36 minutes ago, Tony S said:

Best answer ^^

I agree too. If people leave the boards because they don't like the change, that's their right. I just assume that people who really enjoy this place will stay regardless of the change in surroundings.

7 hours ago, Logan510 said:
8 hours ago, Tony S said:

Best answer ^^

I agree too. If people leave the boards because they don't like the change, that's their right. I just assume that people who really enjoy this place will stay regardless of the change in surroundings.

I think like Roy mentioned, many of us are still here, but don't post much, because it involves a lot of work and time, and for me, potential nausea.  My  board time has probably been cut to 25% or less of what it used to be, so for that, CGC, thank you. :golfclap:

I should point out that I'm not really a primary customer of CGC either - I never submit - so why CGC should care about me, I don't know.  On the other hand, I am a secondary consumer of their product at times. 

26 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I think like Roy mentioned, many of us are still here, but don't post much, because it involves a lot of work and time, and for me, potential nausea.  My  board time has probably been cut to 25% or less of what it used to be, so for that, CGC, thank you. :golfclap:

I should point out that I'm not really a primary customer of CGC either - I never submit - so why CGC should care about me, I don't know.  On the other hand, I am a secondary consumer of their product at times. 

I think it's a shame you've cut down Lizard as I always liked your posting style. The new boards are improving though and I have worked out my 'new way' of using them. I think the bells and whistles are a distraction sometimes - I know they're there but I use very few of them. If you 'ignore' them, and just stick with reading, posting and uploading pictures, it's not much different. As for nausea, it's getting a bit better and I truly think keylines will help with the visuals, if the CR gets accepted.

I actually find the boards easier to read and navigate when I'm logged out. The 'All Activity' button at the top right lets you see everything new posted and I find that the best substitute for the old boards 'Active Topics' function. The only drawback with that is some threads don't appear (e.g. The Water Cooler) and every post appears in sequence so when someone is having a sale their posts can fill the whole page.

Let us know what it is that is causing you problems and we'll see if we can get it changed via the Change Request process.

As for CGC, I'm not a primary customer either but they decided to put this board up for free so the least they can do is make it as user friendly as possible for it's membership who, paying or not, indirectly contribute to their reason for existing.

28 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

I think this new format/host is less mobile friendly, so I really only post when Im on my laptop, not on my phone.... and I'm usually on my phone... 

yup.

Was home all weekend.  Checked the boards once, for the first time late Sunday around 9:30 for pretty much the reason you said.

While a lot of regulars are probably lurking around, the posting frequency and time visited looks to have gone down significantly.

20 minutes ago, CatMan Brett said:

I dunno....the look and feel of these boards makes me feel as though I'm chatting with tech support on a computer issue. Kinda unfriendly looking if that makes sense

Unplugging your computer for 10 seconds and then plugging back in should fix that. B|

Edited by bababooey