• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

:sorry::roflmao:doh!

I know...I know...where you hiding the good stuff?!?!? :wishluck:

I'm pulling from my office and haven't gotten down into a lot of the OO books BA and CA etc or my GA stash.....it's to come....but the sales thread is getting long and onerous. I've posted the remnants in the final post. I need another thread or two to break the best books out.

I think it's a good idea, and would strongly encourage sellers, to have separate threads when you're selling a good quantity of different types of books (whether it be GA vs. BA, or HG Slabs vs. readers). In fact, the guidelines allude to allowing multiple threads:

Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

It doesn't take a lawyer to interpret this as reading that multiple threads are indeed allowed, if there's a good reason for having separate threads. It's just common sense, and I imagine that's exactly why Nick started a separate thread for those sweet, sweet SA books (like the Hulk #1) he sold a while back, even though he had a large/active, ongoing thread at the same time, in which he was also selling SA books. Same with Roy's multiple posts, Scott's multiple posts, Divad's multiple posts, Rich's multiple posts, etc.,. (thumbs u

Personally, I prefer not to look through huge threads with a mix of books, never knowing when a nice GA or early SA book I'm interested in is going to be offered, but only after the seller posts 4 pages of $5.00, mid-grade BA in which I have no interest. (shrug)

Why didn't I think of that. doh!

Personally, I prefer not to look through huge threads with a mix of books, never knowing when a nice GA or early SA book I'm interested in is going to be offered, but only after the seller posts 4 pages of $5.00, mid-grade BA in which I have no interest. (shrug)

Boy, ain't that the truth! I really appreciate seperate threads in that case. (thumbs u

Boy, ain't that the truth! I really appreciate seperate threads in that case. (thumbs u

Would sales threads with accurate descriptions of the types of books to be listed serve the same function? i.e.:"Early SA Marvels and DCs" as opposed to "Books for sale!"

Ah, what's the ing point...be on the look-out for as many threads as I feel like starting on any given evening. (thumbs u

(thumbs u I'll be sure to bump them during the wee hours of the US to ensure that certain members' multiple sales threads get kept off the front page!

Ah, what's the ing point...be on the look-out for as many threads as I feel like starting on any given evening. (thumbs u

(thumbs u I'll be sure to bump them during the wee hours of the US to ensure that certain members' multiple sales threads get kept off the front page!

You're on for a beer or two when you're next in London! :applause:

You're on for a beer or two when you're next in London! :applause:

Somebody's going to have to buy, because god knows I can't even afford to breathe the air there anymore!

Edited by tth2

Would sales threads with accurate descriptions of the types of books to be listed serve the same function? i.e.:"Early SA Marvels and DCs" as opposed to "Books for sale!"

Not really. Although more descriptive titles are better, if you're mixing up ages, genres, and types of books, there's really no point in trying to get too specific in the thread title since the selection of items being offered isn't specific.

Carrying over something worthwhile from the argument between two more established members of the boards, I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on "fair practice" for buyers, sellers, and :takeit: graemlins? I'm just wondering what extent each of you thinks the seller has an obligation to which buyer?

Here are a few discussion points raised from this argument:

Ah... you see, I'm trying to KEEP the critical info! ;)

I'm less concerned with getting into the personal details per se than I am looking at the issue this argument raises which is a very relevant issue for us here. And truthfully... whether you agree with one or the other, I do think each brings up issues well worth our consideration if we're going to have a sales forum that functions somewhat smoothly.

No problem :)

I'm just trying to strike at the issue and leave some of the personal stuff aside so we can explore the issues with as little stress as possible.

Anyone else, or is everyone recouperating from NY CC

Again, this isn't directed at Roy. I have no problem with Roy.

The point is that if you have questions or you want to negotiate then you have every right to ask and offer. However, if while you are tire kicking, some one else comes in and buys the item as stated, then tough luck. You snooze you loose.