• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I want to make sure that Dave knows that I'm not trying to drag him through the mud. This is something that affects everyone in this selling forum, it just happens to be that Dave's selling thread instigated the discussion but this is a problem that crops up from time to time regardless of who the seller is. Dave (though I have never interacted with him before) sounds like a true class act and Kudos to him. We need more people like him around here.

(worship)

Sharon, regarding your post:

The problem with that is (and I've been on both sides of the problem, buyer or seller) is how long do you pend? I've had people think about stuff for days and I've held things, then they don't answer, or found something else...or just change their minds...I also don't post an :takeit:, if someone has posted a hm but there have been many times I've wanted to, AND times that the book went to someone else because I had to leave while the person was thinking...or I finally gave up and went to sleep.

I even hesitate to post a "PM sent" in many cases, because I don't want to hold up the seller if someone Else is ready to buy.

I think like Banner mentioned, it needs to be a judgement call on the part of the seller. For example if someone asks questions, shows interest in a book, sends a pm, reads it and then does not respond after making several hours/days worth of posts it is pretty clear that the prospective buyer is not interested. On the other hand if the prospective buyer leaves an open ended question and has not read/responded to a pm simply because he is not online, well that is entirely different. It's that whole stretching time thing....

There are a lot of factors a seller needs to take into account...who the tire kicker is, was the pm read, etc etc

It's the difference between ignoring someone and simply being aknowledged.

Excellent post Sharon. (thumbs u

How can women be so logical in some circumstances and so illogical in others? confused.gif

Jim, the answer to your question is obvious...there are just as many illogical men, as there are illogical women.

Roy...that stretching time thingy...when you don't read a post and I'm not trying to upset you, I like you...I'm just answering because you directed this to me...however, if I send a post like that, I check the computer (even while I'm having/cooking dinner)...just because if I want the seller to extend a courtesy to me, I want to make the transaction as easy as I can for that seller, I don't want to make the experience stressful for them, making them wait any longer than necessary...The sale should be pleasant on both ends...and if you saw Dave's post, where he had the frustrated Gremlin, cause he HAD a valid offer...well, I'd want to avoid putting someone nice like him through that.

One other thing...I bought a few books from someone the other day, by email. He had a thread up and we kept talking after. Smart guy...he said something very logical...MOST interest/sales, in a thread occur in the beginning. It's hard to tell a real right there offer "no" because you can lose them, people lose interest, get insulted, hate your guts forever because they were denied the prize ...well, you know what I mean;)

Now I don't earn a living by selling comics, I barely pay for nail polish this way...(and I certainly can't pay for all my comics by selling, although the thought was there) but when I DO bother selling, I'd hate to lose a sale, it wastes my time that I could be putting to better use shopping:)

So, when I sell...I post(when I remember;) ...that I gladly read and consider PMs, but :takeit: rules (and that is my way of trying to avoid conflict).

I agree.

I have had numerous people pm me to buy books because they wanted to remain anonymous.

I bought a couple of choice early Silver books last night, PMed the seller, paid an hour later, don't feel I need to post the :takeit: when the the selling thread has migrated to the second page now... I would almost feel like I was craving attention (shrug)

Oh and this is a roundabout way to tell you to expect those books in a week or so :whistle:

Excellent post Sharon. (thumbs u

How can women be so logical in some circumstances and so illogical in others? confused.gif

Jim, the answer to your question is obvious...there are just as many illogical men, as there are illogical women.

That. Is impossible. :tonofbricks:

It's hard to tell a real right there offer "no" because you can lose them, people lose interest, get insulted, hate your guts forever because they were denied the prize ...well, you know what I mean;)

Sharon -

One other thing I could add is that many of us around here (with darn few exceptions) are ADD when it comes to purchasing comics......., give it five minutes and we are chasing after some other shiny new bauble that has caught our eye, and have forgotten our fleeting interest in that other book....., whatever it was......, I don't remember......, :sorry:

Mike

It's hard to tell a real right there offer "no" because you can lose them, people lose interest, get insulted, hate your guts forever because they were denied the prize ...well, you know what I mean;)

Sharon -

One other thing I could add is that many of us around here (with darn few exceptions) are ADD when it comes to purchasing comics......., give it five minutes and we are chasing after some other shiny new bauble that has caught our eye, and have forgotten our fleeting interest in that other book....., whatever it was......, I don't remember......, :sorry:

Mike

shiny new bauble :cloud9: :cloud9:

:banana:

been up all day trying to figure out if i have anything left to sell :tonofbricks:

How did the bidding go on that......, er....., bauble, that you wanted???

not over yet, but will be soon.

Plus, another, even shiner bauble came up that I want :tonofbricks:

Vicious cycle this is :luhv:

Well, let me know if I'm on or off the hook :boo: there is one other one from your last sales thread that I might want too. :banana:

Comic whore.

Whore implies there is some money to be made. Slut might be a more accurate descriptor. ;)

Comic whore.

Whore implies there is some money to be made. Slut might be a more accurate descriptor. ;)

There is an implication of money changing hands. There is no guarantee of profit. He has to pay his pimp. :whistle:

Comic whore.

There is an implication of money changing hands. There is no guarantee of profit. He has to pay his pimp. :whistle:

You seem incredibly knowledgeable on the subject. hm

not over yet, but will be soon.

Plus, another, even shiner bauble came up that I want :tonofbricks:

Vicious cycle this is :luhv:

Well, let me know if I'm on or off the hook :boo: there is one other one from your last sales thread that I might want too. :banana:

On the hook :sorry: