• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Through bitter experience, I have reached the point where I let :takeit: rule.

This is what I state in any of my sales threads...

'As usual :takeit: trumps all. PMs can be sent my way, and I’ll answer them as soon as I can, but until you post that little man in the thread, the books aren’t yours.'

There are a few reasons for this. One, it makes it very clear who won what and there is no room for argument. Early days and I had a couple of sales that had to be thrashed out as to who won what. It wasn't pleasant and there is bound to be an aggrieved party. :(

Two, I simply don't have the time to exchange numerous PMs with a couple of parties, explaining why I've sold it to one boarder and not another.

Three, I've been led down the garden path on countless occasions with boarders sending offers, asking questions, double-checking shipping, requesting additional scans. They have every right to do so, and I will answer their queries. (thumbs u However, given the number who thank me for my time, but decide against the purchase, and the number who never even have the courtesy to tell me they are no longer interested, I'm ed if I'm going to take the book(s) off market until they've reached a decision.

If you're interested in some stuff, and you tell me you are, but you want to see scans, work a discount...fine. I'll work with you. But please don't get upset if someone else is willing to buy 'as is' and posts the :takeit:

Quite frankly, having a very black and white rule in place is about the only way I could handle it. :insane:

I understand completely.

When you have a mega thread with scores or hundreds of books :takeit: is the only way to fly.

Excellent post Sharon. (thumbs u

How can women be so logical in some circumstances and so illogical in others? confused.gif

Jim, the answer to your question is obvious...there are just as many illogical men, as there are illogical women.

That. Is impossible. :tonofbricks:

Number of illogical woman > Number of illogical men

Number of men that are liars > Number of women that are liars

I think i've found out the perfect solution for these forums. Instead of having a probation thread etc. Why dosn't the forum admin try and create something like this.:

http://www.nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Users.Feedback&User=nes4ever

You must be logged in to enter member's areas.

I cannot believe I waded through all of the last couple of pages of this thread.

Was the :takeit: concept broken? Was it unclear?

If I'm asking a question on a book that someone else buys...good.

Good for the buyer and extra good for the seller.

The seller doesn't need to coddle me because I'm a asking about the quality of page 3 when someone else steps in to buy it.

This is my opinion and not intended to bother those that want this changed.

The seller doesn't need to coddle me because I'm a asking about the quality of page 3 when someone else steps in to buy it.

But you wouldn't refuse to be coddled if it were offered, now would you? :baiting:
Actually I would. I wouldn't want the guy who bought it outright, to think anything negative about me getting some sort of deal because I'm in some sort of "inner buddies group" or something.

The seller should tell me "Sorry that item just sold while we were talking".

Then I could respond with "OK, no problem... what else ya got?" (Give or take a graemlin or two.)

Is posting scans and details of books for sale in the announcement thread simply a means of inviting offers and circumventing the guidelines of a sales thread? hm

That's rich. When have the guidelines prevented anyone from doing anything, if that's what they really wanted to do?

Is posting scans and details of books for sale in the announcement thread simply a means of inviting offers and circumventing the guidelines of a sales thread? hm

Actually no. its a means of advertising or finding whether its worth giving more information on the books and prices in an individual thread thus bumping other threads and taking up front page space.

That's rich. When have the guidelines prevented anyone from doing anything, if that's what they really wanted to do?

They kind used to . . . (before you were here, that is . . .) :foryou:

My feelings exactly, btw. :)

Actually no. its a means of advertising or finding whether its worth giving more information on the books and prices in an individual thread thus bumping other threads and taking up front page space.

Said the spider to the fly . . . :)

Is it ethical to bump the brightness and saturation of the scans of your books (thereby masking defects and enhancing colors) to overall enhance the apparent appearance of the book in your sales threads? hm

Is it ethical to bump the brightness and saturation of the scans of your books (thereby masking defects and enhancing colors) to overall enhance the apparent appearance of the book in your sales threads? hm

Yes