• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Also offer a 100% money back guarantee in your selling thread. I've done that for every sale I've ever conducted on the boards and have never had a book sent back. If someone is getting a bunch of returns they'll tighten up their grading or stop selling, either way the problem is solved.

I agree completely.

Arex

Also offer a 100% money back guarantee in your selling thread. I've done that for every sale I've ever conducted on the boards and have never had a book sent back. If someone is getting a bunch of returns they'll tighten up their grading or stop selling, either way the problem is solved.

I agree completely.

Arex

I should have added that IMO, no one should do business with anyone that doesn't offer a money back guarantee, I don't care who they are.

I agree completely.

Arex

Ditto.

default.jpg

Brilliant!

I agree completely.

Arex

I should have added that IMO, no one should do business with anyone that doesn't offer a money back guarantee, I don't care who they are.

I thought that that was pretty much a written rule around here. If I ever get a sale I also inform the buyer that its a money back guarantee including return shipping. This isn't suppose to be a business but a way to "share" books amongst fellow board member.

Since I am one of the guilty parties for my announcement all I can say is all books in the announcement were listed in the sale thread. After I started the sale thread I mentioned I may post the HOMs. After this time I received my first PM about them asking which ones I had and conditions etc. I can honesty say I never got offers to buy from my announcement thread. Not that I really sell books on the board when I do list, the constant hurt feeling about way things are done is kinda old and make it so I rarely if ever put stuff up for sale since I don't want to hear it. Its sad that in a community board that's suppose to be fun and support the hobby you have to constantly "worry" about stepping on peoples toes.

I wish people would simply pm their displeasure to the party involved and give a reason for it than whine about it on the boards.

I wish people would simply pm their displeasure to the party involved and give a reason for it than whine about it on the boards.

Are you new here? :baiting:

This is the pizz and moan capital of the world. lol

Are you new here? :baiting:

This is the pizz and moan capital of the world. lol

Yeah I know I try to keep my nose clean, stay out of the BS side of the boards and have fun here. Its just getting old.

For the record I have bought books off of Roy a few times in the past and the books have always looked better than the scans. He is one of the top quality sellers on the boards.

I had a hard time getting my $$ back a bit ago when I received a pricey key as a 9.2 and it graded 7.5. I ate the slabbing costs on that one and the seller was initially skeptical that it was the same book. But begrudgingly money was refunded in the end.

That's what I did. Everyone has to start a learning curve some where and grading changes as we mature. Good point, for an old guy.

:jokealert:

For the record I have bought books off of Roy a few times in the past and the books have always looked better than the scans. He is one of the top quality sellers on the boards.

Thanks Brian. Nice to hear something positive once in a while.

R.

Thanks Brian. Nice to hear something positive once in a while.

R.

How depressing. :(

I agree completely.

Arex

The only reason I would hesitate to give back a money back guarantee is if someone has buyer's remorse, and we are all big people here. You have to own up to your decisons. I have committed to some big books and wished I hadn't afterward. I still own up to it as agreed cause it was my bad.

If the book is without question as described and graded (ie it comes back from CGC as or better than graded), has no hidden defects or a PQ problem then the buyer shouldn't have the right to return the book. Having said that, it is very difficult to differentiate between a difference in grading and a wonky buyer so it would be on a case by case basis as someone that is not rumored to be a Twinky on these boards will get more favor than someone who is.

:sumo:

R.

I never posted money back guarantee. But I never thought I had to, if a buyer was unhappy I would want to make good on it. But now I think I should have the Money Back in text so people do know.

Little things like that tend to be afterthought..

I agree completely.

Arex

The only reason I would hesitate to give back a money back guarantee is if someone has buyer's remorse, and we are all big people here. You have to own up to your decisons. I have committed to some big books and wished I hadn't afterward. I still own up to it as agreed cause it was my bad.

If the book is without question as described and graded (ie it comes back from CGC as or better than graded), has no hidden defects or a PQ problem then the buyer shouldn't have the right to return the book. Having said that, it is very difficult to differentiate between a difference in grading and a wonky buyer so it would be on a case by case basis as someone that is not rumored to be a Twinky on these boards will get more favor than someone who is.

:sumo:

R.

Some really solid points also. If the buyer decides they just dont want the book, not that there were defects, then what ?

I never posted money back guarantee. But I never thought I had to, if a buyer was unhappy I would want to make good on it. But now I think I should have the Money Back in text so people do know.

Little things like that tend to be afterthought..

I try to remember the same thing, sometimes I forget to write it, but I'd always take something back if someone here were unhappy. I make the same offer on Ebay, although that scares me a little more than it does here, I just do it. I've only had maybe 3 or4 people complain in 9 years...and two were absolutely my fault, I missed a cut coupon and a centerfold once (years ago) but it COULD happen.

As for buyer's remorse? Just one complaint on Ebay in all that time, from someone who wanted to flip the book and thought it was only worth a little more than they paid.

I really can't see a reason for not taking returns here, I wish it were in the guidelines as required, then we'd have less arguments. I don't think many people here would ask to return because of buyer's remorse as long as the book they got was as described.

MOST of the buyers/sellers here are really nice honorable people, there are just a LOT of people here right now, so naturally, there will be some oddballs.

We've discussed this before, if you are not going to take returns, it would be nice for you to post it prominently, because I would know to avoid those threads, the same way I do on Ebay.

is selling comics on these boards how you guys make a living?

if not, the who gives a craap about all this sheit.

Monstro, no offense but I am really looking for you to make a constructive post. I know you can do it.

lol

Funny how you don't realize that most of the people discussing here are looking to make things better in the marketplace for those that don't want to talk about it.

Think about that.

;)

Monstro, no offense but I am really looking for you to make a constructive post. I know you can do it.

lol

Funny how you don't realize that most of the people discussing here are looking to make things better in the marketplace for those that don't want to talk about it.

Think about that.

;)

Oh, offend away. Call a twit a twit. We've already raked David over the coals for being oblique, it only makes sense to do as we say, right?

No offense. Wink wink.

:foryou:

lol

Think about that.

;)

Oh, offend away. Call a twit a twit. We've already raked David over the coals for being oblique, it only makes sense to do as we say, right?

No offense. Wink wink.

:foryou:

(shrug)

Do you want me to take your flower and *spoon* it while you watch?

No offense of course.

lol