• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

OK, if you make an enquiry about a specific book(s) listed in somebody's sales thread...you want a shipping quote, you need a back cover scan, you'd like to know if my cat has ever :censored: on the centrefold...please have the good manners, once you have received a response, to let me know whether you're still interested or not.

I don't need to know whether you think the shipping is too high, or how your uncle has fallen into bad health, or whether you've spunked your coin on something else. I just need to know whether you're going to go for it, or whether I can release the books elsewhere.

If you don't want them, that's absolutely fine...I won't be upset. However a simple 'Thanks, but I'm going to pass this time' will suffice.

And see, you won't even have to type it out...you can just cut and paste, you lazy-arse :censored:

(thumbs u

:roflmao:

OK, if you make an enquiry about a specific book(s) listed in somebody's sales thread...you want a shipping quote, you need a back cover scan, you'd like to know if my cat has ever :censored: on the centrefold...please have the good manners, once you have received a response, to let me know whether you're still interested or not.

I don't need to know whether you think the shipping is too high, or how your uncle has fallen into bad health, or whether you've spunked your coin on something else. I just need to know whether you're going to go for it, or whether I can release the books elsewhere.

If you don't want them, that's absolutely fine...I won't be upset. However a simple will suffice.

And see, you won't even have to type it out...you can just cut and paste, you lazy-arse :censored:

(thumbs u

'Thanks, but I'm going to pass this time'

If you don't want them, that's absolutely fine...I won't be upset. However a simple will suffice.

(thumbs u

'Thanks, but I'm going to pass this time'

Yeah...I heard you had no problem passing. :eek:

If you don't want them, that's absolutely fine...I won't be upset. However a simple 'Thanks, but I'm going to pass this time' will suffice.

(thumbs u

Or you can use one of these, I made them last year for this situation.

dontwantbee.gifnothanksbee.gifspoonbee.gif

Edited by Flee-Marquette

(thumbs u

Or you can use one of these, I made them last year for this situation.

dontwantbee.gifnothanksbee.gifspoonbee.gif

spoonbee.gif

I KNOW this is going to be very useful:) but I need it in purple;) :banana:

(thumbs u

Why do I get the feeling I'm supposed to pay someone for some drek-tastic books hm

:whistle:

Maybe I'll break greggy's record for making you wait for payment! :acclaim:

:P

Wow - who deleted divad's snarky comment?

Must have been the "man" himself.

I would have quoted it into eternity had I known he would think better of it..., and retract it. Kudos for the restraint :applause:

To tell the truth, I couldn't tell which of the previous posters it was directed at - pretty disjointed flak flying from that boy these days.

If a seller states that any books of theirs might be pressed, should that relieve them of disclosing, if known, if directly asked?

Any book that I didn't personally buy off the racks, has a possibility of kitty pee on it. :insane:

If a seller states that any books of theirs might be pressed, should that relieve them of disclosing, if known, if directly asked?

Any book that I didn't personally buy off the racks, has a possibility of kitty pee on it. :insane:

:whatthe:

If you were selling a book with kitty pee on it....would you disclose the pee....or just state the following:

These books may have kitty pee on them

?

Now you know the reason why I hate cats :D

If you were selling a book with kitty pee on it....would you disclose the pee....or just state the following:

These books may have kitty pee on them

?

I just did . . . do I have to do it for every freakin' book? :insane:

Now you know the reason why I hate cats :D

The kitty pee provenance . . . :grin: