• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Hey kids, is there a chance that maybe some of you could stop replying to a seller's thread with icons and phrasing like "nice pick-up" and such..?? It's getting really hard to go through a selling thread without seeing this nonsense posted and it also makes it difficult to get through a thread itself. If you're not asking about a book, why post at all..?? (shrug)

Why don't you just skip ahead to the posts that contain the images of the books?

Hey kids, is there a chance that maybe some of you could stop replying to a seller's thread with icons and phrasing like "nice pick-up" and such..?? It's getting really hard to go through a selling thread without seeing this nonsense posted and it also makes it difficult to get through a thread itself. If you're not asking about a book, why post at all..?? (shrug)

Why don't you just skip ahead to the posts that contain the images of the books?

It's not the skipping ahead part that bugs me, it's seeing a bunch of "new messages" in a (supposed) sales thread, then clicking only to find a bunch of nutzos posting graemlins and various insults back and forth.

What a waste of time.

Does anyone have experience mailing posters? What is the best (re: most affordable) method? USPS? UPS? Other?

I've got a ton of comics related posters I need to move that I picked up back in the late 80's/early 90's, but I imagine I'll only be able to do it if I can mail them affordably.

I seem to remember USPS having a round flat rate mailer, has anyone used those and know what the cost is? I found one of those triangle shaped mailers that you can mail posters in on the USPS website, but the tubes are a lot more structurally sound. I imagine UPS is more expensive, and I really haven't had good luck with them getting this kind of package to its destination without being mangled.

Anyhow, all suggestions are welcome (other than the ones telling me to shove my posters somewhere where they won't fit lol ).

Cant help you with the shipping costs. If these are in nice condition and worth good money, use the tubes. Just be sure depending on the width of the posters, theres no slack in the ends of the tube which would allow the poster to slide back and forth during shipping. This will cause extreme damage to the sides of the poster. Take up any slack with some light wrapping paper or tissue so the poster cant slide. Just my 2c

DRX

Does anyone have experience mailing posters? What is the best (re: most affordable) method? USPS? UPS? Other?

I've got a ton of comics related posters I need to move that I picked up back in the late 80's/early 90's, but I imagine I'll only be able to do it if I can mail them affordably.

I seem to remember USPS having a round flat rate mailer, has anyone used those and know what the cost is? I found one of those triangle shaped mailers that you can mail posters in on the USPS website, but the tubes are a lot more structurally sound. I imagine UPS is more expensive, and I really haven't had good luck with them getting this kind of package to its destination without being mangled.

Anyhow, all suggestions are welcome (other than the ones telling me to shove my posters somewhere where they won't fit lol ).

Unless the posters are already folded, DON'T FOLD 'EM! So frustrating trying to reflatten them out, and the lines never really do go away. There are cardboard tubes you can pick up for a few dollars and you can probably ship 'em via 1st class for another couple dollars--don't imagine it'd run more then $5-10.

This past summer I shipped out dozens of posters via USPS using poster tubes and First Class Mail(US cost approx $2.30-2.60, foreign was reasonable esp Canada) and the tubes held up fine, the posters cushioned by a small piece of bubble wrap at end end to prevent bouncing around. I did have to buy two size poster tubes to accommodate the larger ones as well as the standard size, and I would recommend checking out shipping supply prices elsewhere before paying $2.5-$3 each for them at Staples/Office Depot(more for the larger ones).

Does any body think that its worth while to save up those "coming soon" or "watch

for" postcards most lcs have by the register?I have been for ever ,and will keep doing so,but should I bother grabbing a few extra?

porcer

It's not the skipping ahead part that bugs me, it's seeing a bunch of "new messages" in a (supposed) sales thread, then clicking only to find a bunch of nutzos posting graemlins and various insults back and forth.

What a waste of time.

Sometimes your posts or threads are a big waste of time, too, but do I complain about it? No, I scroll past. I think you can learn how to do this function as well in a silent and polite manner.

What a waste of time.

Sometimes your posts or threads are a big waste of time, too, but do I complain about it? No, I scroll past. I think you can learn how to do this function as well in a silent and polite manner.

:applause:(worship)

I rarely do this in a SALES THREAD, which is what we're talking about.

Gabbing in forum sections like General or the other areas that are designed for CONVERSATION is expected, as no one is trying to create a environment for financial transactions and no one is waiting for new books to be posted.

But obviously, the difference eludes you right?

Gabbing in forum sections like General or the other areas that are designed for CONVERSATION is expected, as no one is trying to create a environment for financial transactions and no one is waiting for new books to be posted.

I also BS in many sales threads. And should be punished accordingly. And sometimes I even post alot of graemlins. And even worst, I am the guy who it says sold via PM. So people think I never buy anything.

Im a bad man..

Yet amazingly, looking at your recent posts in the marketplace they involve snow blowers, jerry springer, and Utube posts.....and not a single :takeit:

Mr. Kettle I would like to introduce you to Mr. Pot... :flamed:

Or is just okay for you to post nonsense, but nobody else?

anyone have any thoughts on the postcard question?

well...most promo items hold very little value even though fewer copies survive than what the ad was for. if you've been picking them up, don't stop if you don't want to, hell, it's free...

only you can answer your question...(not trying to be a smartass)

j

to qoute Francis from the great game LEFT 4 DEAD

I hate people, I hate cops, I hate lawyers, I hate hospitals, I hate everything

come on...really....is the boards so mess that it comes down to this? really?, granted it does end up being a great read from time to time.

just my 2c

oh i do agree with makmorn

Edited by Junkenstein99

Yet amazingly, looking at your recent posts in the marketplace they involve snow blowers, jerry springer, and Utube posts.....and not a single :takeit:

Kettle meet Pot...

Or is just okay for you to post nonsense, but nobody else?

:applause::applause:

Sure, but the threads weren't ACTIVE then, and there were a lot of people doing the same thing (Nik was MIA). You can't look back and try and decipher what was really going on, as we're talking about a specific type of occurrence.

Active sales thread with seller constantly posting new books/scans.

Goofs constantly posting emoticons or other gibberish in-between these books and scans.

If you guys want to jump in a dead sales thread and start talking, be my guest, but when a seller is actively selling and posting new books, buy or STFU.