• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

If I would've seen the sale sooner I would've spoke up. After I saw the 1st book I checked on the SS 1 and found it was just sold on the other site for less, at that point even though his thread hasn't been updated, the book apparently was no longer available so why bump the thread

(thumbs u

This whole situation kinda pizzes me off. The Marketplace is a nice place to sell comics...and some of us tend to have the money to pay nice prices for comics. But if this place becomes known as a "hike your price" marketplace when comics don't sell elsewhere then god forbid how long it remains a good place to buy. The Marketplace has already become much too crowded by drive-by sellers and it seems the number of cross advertised comics have increased as a result.

Personally, the ignorance excuse doesn't cut it anymore and if sellers can't take the time to read the rules then I don't have time to play nice with them once they violate them...personal PMs or kind reminders don't seem to be working and if I see it, I'm calling them out publically and tact be damned from here on out...

Jim

If I would've seen the sale sooner I would've spoke up. After I saw the 1st book I checked on the SS 1 and found it was just sold on the other site for less, at that point even though his thread hasn't been updated, the book apparently was no longer available so why bump the thread

(thumbs u

This whole situation kinda pizzes me off. The Marketplace is a nice place to sell comics...and some of us tend to have the money to pay nice prices for comics. But if this place becomes known as a "hike your price" marketplace when comics don't sell elsewhere then god forbid how long it remains a good place to buy. The Marketplace has already become much too crowded by drive-by sellers and it seems the number of cross advertised comics have increased as a result.

Personally, the ignorance excuse doesn't cut it anymore and if sellers can't take the time to read the rules then I don't have time to play nice with them once they violate them...personal PMs or kind reminders don't seem to be working and if I see it, I'm calling them out publically and tact be damned from here on out...

Jim

I agree. Especially when these sellers ignore warnings from other members. All I have to say is "Flame ON!!!" :devil:

...personal PMs or kind reminders don't seem to be working

Jim

We had a non-CGC slabbed book on here last week that was removed when seller read a polite PM that was sent to him, so it does work in some cases.

...personal PMs or kind reminders don't seem to be working

Jim

We had a non-CGC slabbed book on here last week that was removed when seller read a polite PM that was sent to him, so it does work in some cases.

Some, not most, of the times it works. Not a good enough percentage to say the current approach is working...

Jim

Do you PM often when these issues come up?

Part of solution might be to streamline the process. Right now we are allowed to "police ourselves" and have been provided with a polite stock post from Arch to address any guideline issue. Some people notice an item and are hesitant to say anything for a variety of reasons(seller backlash, being labeled "forum nazi", etc.).

Try this: If someone notices an issue and doesn't want to publically/privately(PM) deal with it, send me a PM with the info and I will forward a polite PM to the seller addressing the issue. I get contacted as it is since some people know I will PM a seller about a guideline issue, and the majority I have contacted edited their threads in a timely fashion.

Therein lies one of the other issues. A "timely fashion" might mean immediately for some people, others are patient enough to wait for a response from the seller. I suggest that the PM recipient be given a chance to edit the thread after reading the PM. I know some people get frustrated when the mods are notified about an offending post and nothing immediate happens, and the reality is that it is not a priority for the mods. They do seem to be fair in allowing sellers to modify their posts in a reasonable amount of time or deleting the entire thread if it is not addressed or if there are repeat complaints about the same seller.

1) Funnel guideline issues through specific people to be addressed

2) Notify mods if issue is not resolved. This may mean notifying mods immediately if seller has repeat tendencies. Though we all would like 1st time infractions to be eliminated by people reading the guidelines before posting, I don't know how that can be modified to take place.

I honestly do when I find the items listed in two places. Maybe some board member will speak up to vouch for me. In this case the items were apparently sold already. I am posting here rather than the sales thread to keep it clean and not bump other down on the front page. In the case of the HOS 92 the buyer was aware the price on CLink was $280.00 rather than the 290.00 here and he is fine with that, for which I am glad. My main reason for posting in this fashion is why would you charge more here on these boards and less elsewhere where you have to give up an additional 10% . He states the SS 1 are two different books which may be the case but the serial numbers are the same.

Part of solution might be to streamline the process. Right now we are allowed to "police ourselves" and have been provided with a polite stock post from Arch to address any guideline issue. Some people notice an item and are hesitant to say anything for a variety of reasons(seller backlash, being labeled "forum nazi", etc.).

Try this: If someone notices an issue and doesn't want to publically/privately(PM) deal with it, send me a PM with the info and I will forward a polite PM to the seller addressing the issue. I get contacted as it is since some people know I will PM a seller about a guideline issue, and the majority I have contacted edited their threads in a timely fashion.

Therein lies one of the other issues. A "timely fashion" might mean immediately for some people, others are patient enough to wait for a response from the seller. I suggest that the PM recipient be given a chance to edit the thread after reading the PM. I know some people get frustrated when the mods are notified about an offending post and nothing immediate happens, and the reality is that it is not a priority for the mods. They do seem to be fair in allowing sellers to modify their posts in a reasonable amount of time or deleting the entire thread if it is not addressed or if there are repeat complaints about the same seller.

2) Notify mods if issue is not resolved. This may mean notifying mods immediately if seller has repeat tendencies. Though we all would like 1st time infractions to be eliminated by people reading the guidelines before posting, I don't know how that can be modified to take place.

I concur. There are very few instances when I've notified a member (new or otherwise) about an error in their listing and it hasn't been corrected. And I DO think it would be helpful for us to have a couple "Marketplace Mods" just how we have VCC mods and a SS thread Mod. In doing so, I think it'd help eliminate some of the headaches we find if there were some points of contact for people to be in touch with.

I concur. There are very few instances when I've notified a member (new or otherwise) about an error in their listing and it hasn't been corrected. And I DO think it would be helpful for us to have a couple "Marketplace Mods" just how we have VCC mods and a SS thread Mod. In doing so, I think it'd help eliminate some of the headaches we find if there were some points of contact for people to be in touch with.

I notice, there are a lot of "Enablers" ...people who get a thrill out of encouraging others to flaunt rules. It's OK to make a mistake, It gets kind of silly when people applaud a mistake (deliberate or not).

I notice, there are a lot of "Enablers" ...people who get a thrill out of encouraging others to flaunt rules. It's OK to make a mistake, It gets kind of silly when people applaud a mistake (deliberate or not).

Such as?

Just want to make sure if you are referring to me telling him in a funny way "BS" in stating the two books were different, it's just that. Then if the same person does it again, it's not kind words needed going forward.

Such as?

Just want to make sure if you are referring to me telling him in a funny way "BS" in stating the two books were different, it's just that. Then if the same person does it again, it's not kind words needed going forward.

Ummm...I wasn't talking about you at all :sorry:

It was just a general statement...I'll give you an example...what bugs me is when someone posts a PGX Y or Z book and 3 or 4 brainchildren, tell the poster to crop the picture...

Such as?

Ummm...I wasn't talking about you at all :sorry:

It was just a general statement...I'll give you an example...what bugs me is when someone posts a PGX Y or Z book and 3 or 4 brainchildren, tell the poster to crop the picture...

Just didn't want you thinking I'm taking the rules lightly. I totally respect where everyone is coming from.

Now the folks that encourage doing something to get around the forum rules - well, then they are JUST as guilty, if not more, because they know better just by encouraging such behavior. Then maybe they are not allowed to purchase for a period of time like what happens with non-paying buyers. (shrug)

I honestly do when I find the items listed in two places. Maybe some board member will speak up to vouch for me. In this case the items were apparently sold already. I am posting here rather than the sales thread to keep it clean and not bump other down on the front page. In the case of the HOS 92 the buyer was aware the price on CLink was $280.00 rather than the 290.00 here and he is fine with that, for which I am glad. My main reason for posting in this fashion is why would you charge more here on these boards and less elsewhere where you have to give up an additional 10% . He states the SS 1 are two different books which may be the case but the serial numbers are the same.

>>Hi,

That seller was me and I had the HOS 92 on CL for a while and then posted it here on the board - though I forgot to take it off CL right away as I should have. The SS 1 book you referred to was a CGC 9.2 that was on CL - however, "I" was the person who bought the book off CL and then immeadiately posted it here as I had an offer on a SS1 CGC 9.4 right after I bought the 9.2. I also had a SS 1 CGC 9.0 that I posted here first and as no one wanted to buy it I later posted it on CL where it sold.

Short version....Beware of a newbie named Wolfhulk, He sent me a PM posting :takeit: for a book I had up for sale and asking what type of payment is preferred. When I responded, I followed up by asking if he was in the US.

I got no response...but he had read it.

So the next day, I send him another PM asking him if he could get back to me as I needed to know if I was shipping it in the US or Intl. as there is a $15 charge for shipping Intl. as stated in my thread.

He reads it and doesn't respond. He later deletes the PM

So I send him a PM saying WTF...why did you delete the other PM. I tell him communication and consideration is key on these boards. I then explained that non paying winners unfortunately end up on the probation list.

He then tells me off basically, and comes back with "where did I post that I would take it?"

As if thinking because he deleted his first PM that it would be deleted for the both of us.....

I quoted his original PM and explained things out. He never responded about his original post. Read it and thats it.

So I ask if hes gonna pay for the book or not. He responds "NO"

SO BEWARE....WOLFHULK.

end rantrant