• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Whenever I see a sales thread of his I'm reminded of this one

I overgraded everything for eBay

Where he basically says he overgrades books by a full grade on eBay for his customers.

I remembered that, once I saw him post that statement, I stopped looking at his threads. It's unfortunate, becuse he had some books I would have been interested in, but there are too many others to chose from.

I'm not sure you can do probation by vote, but perhaps you can hit the report button more often if someone is an obvious transgressor, or pm them, maybe they just don't get it? :shrug: some people really DO believe that rules are for other people.

I think most of just make a mental note, and vote with our cash....., or lack thereof. He's not the only one on my list. Board-@ssery takes a long time to forget.

A real eye opener - thanks for the link to the 'ebay grading' post. For someone who is migrating more and more to buying here instead of on ebay (where it's easy to spot the scamsters after you've been on it for 6 years) it's good to find out who you can trust before the money is spent.

:golfclap:

Where he basically says he overgrades books by a full grade on eBay for his customers.

Just FYI for folks:

The sales list was created for some past ebay customers of mine, therefore expect "good ebay grading", not the ultra tight grading of these boards. (no insults to my grading here please)

I will admit right here that the low grade stuff is overgraded by 0.5 point average, and the high grade stuff is overgraded by 1.0 average. This is an average, your mileage may vary.

I just bought a Astonish # 37 off E-bay. First E-bay purchase in a while. Guy has 100% feedback and claims he undergrades. I posted it in the grading forum and some of you chimed in to help me decide. Its going back. A good pressing wouldnt bring it up to grade. Yes,alot of people one E-Bay cant grade, but for this guy to come on here and admit to overgrading is the dumbest thing Ive heard in a long time.I dont think anyone here is going to buy deliberatley overgraded books. Is he nuts.Its an insult to sellers who actually can grade in the ballpark.

DRX

I just bought a Astonish # 37 off E-bay. First E-bay purchase in a while. Guy has 100% feedback and claims he undergrades. I posted it in the grading forum and some of you chimed in to help me decide. Its going back. A good pressing wouldnt bring it up to grade. Yes,alot of people one E-Bay cant grade, but for this guy to come on here and admit to overgrading is the dumbest thing Ive heard in a long time.I dont think anyone here is going to buy deliberatley overgraded books. Is he nuts.Its an insult to sellers who actually can grade in the ballpark.

DRX

Who was the seller?

And I agree. Alot of guys there cant grade. I grade accurate and I think it actually hurts my auctions. Sellers and buyers alike cant grade.

DRX

Who was the seller?

And I agree. Alot of guys there cant grade. I grade accurate and I think it actually hurts my auctions. Sellers and buyers alike cant grade.

The sellers id is honestgradecomics. I dont think theres going to be a problem returning the book, but so far he hasnt given me a shipping address. There were alot of impact creases and dimpling on the front and back cover that werent noticable in the scans. His grade was F\VF. I have to agree with the boardies. About 5.0. He stands by his grade. O.K. I just dont agree, so its going back. I think I'll stick to these boards. Ive had good luck here so far. Next time I pick up a collection for sale, Ill try running it through here first. Heres the post for the book in question. Sorry for the huge scans. My scanner is crapl

DRX

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=50&Number=3042329&Searchpage=1&Main=154771&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post3042329

Just FYI for folks:

The sales list was created for some past ebay customers of mine, therefore expect "good ebay grading", not the ultra tight grading of these boards. (no insults to my grading here please)

I will admit right here that the low grade stuff is overgraded by 0.5 point average, and the high grade stuff is overgraded by 1.0 average. This is an average, your mileage may vary.

Thank you. (thumbs u

Andy

Just FYI for folks:

Thank you. (thumbs u

Andy

I still cant believe this guy admits to overgrading.His customers expect " good e-bay grading". WTF. Nothing like insulting your customers! So his customers expect overgraded . That makes sense to me. :screwy:

DRX

I still cant believe this guy admits to overgrading.His customers expect " good e-bay grading". WTF. Nothing like insulting your customers! So his customers expect overgraded . That makes sense to me. :screwy:

DRX

Man, where is his thread? I'm in an eBay buying mood today, and really want to receive low-grade books for top prices. Let me at 'em!

I completely forgot about that thread... but I DO remember it now. doh! Yeah, not that I need to buying in the immediate future, but I'll be passing over his threads from here on out.

He changed his name - he wasn't dekeuk when he posted the overgraded ebay books. I didn't realize it was the same guy till it was posted here in this thread ...

DRX

Who was the seller?

The sellers id is honestgradecomics. I dont think theres going to be a problem returning the book, but so far he hasnt given me a shipping address. There were alot of impact creases and dimpling on the front and back cover that werent noticable in the scans. His grade was F\VF. I have to agree with the boardies. About 5.0. He stands by his grade. O.K. I just dont agree, so its going back. I think I'll stick to these boards. Ive had good luck here so far. Next time I pick up a collection for sale, Ill try running it through here first. Heres the post for the book in question. Sorry for the huge scans. My scanner is crapl

DRX

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=50&Number=3042329&Searchpage=1&Main=154771&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post3042329

You know, it looks like you're getting quite a few 6.0 opinions on the PGM thread, and it is my opinion that people just hammer books on that thread. The book has some hard to grade defects, and some that are not apparent in the scan(?). I looked at it, and don't see that F/VF or 7.0 being that out of line. Without holding the book in my hand, I am undecided. The book does have a nice appearance - I think the value is there for $100 if you decide to keep it. The books is nice and white - I would have a hard time going below a 6.5 on it.

His actual claim was, "Conservative grading on all books;I’m almost always ½ - 1 grade lower than others." whatever that means - I would assume he means compared to the rest of eBay.

That has got to be the saddest sales thread or perhaps post, I have seen on these boards. His explaination on page 7 is just sad.

So is his ebay name honestgradecomics or is that just another seller overgrading? Thanks for the original link but I after page 7 I just cannot read anymore.

Can we please stop bumping dekeuk's threads. Some of us are trying to sell books!
Probably a bad idea to post this, unless you're using reverse psychology....., :kidaround: