• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Why do some people have to be such peckershiners?

Enlighten me.

Because they can be. I don't care for pressed books but jezusHchrist I won't sabotage a fellow boardies sales thread. If it's important to know about a book, PM the seller. There is no need to start mess in a sales thread(usually). :sumo:

Enlighten me.

Because they can be. I don't care for pressed books but jezusHchrist I won't sabotage a fellow boardies sales thread. If it's important to know about a book, PM the seller. There is no need to start mess in a sales thread(usually). :sumo:

But it is worse than that. There is nothing to PM about. He clearly states that it is pressed. Not this book may have been pressed, or might have been pressed or any intimation that the Pressing Fairy may have dryhumped it. It clearly says it was pressed. So why f with him?

Enlighten me.

But it is worse than that. There is nothing to PM about. He clearly states that it is pressed. Not this book may have been pressed, or might have been pressed or any intimation that the Pressing Fairy may have dryhumped it. It clearly says it was pressed. So why f with him?

There was an incident in another sales thread and the poster probably should have sent a PM. I wasn't just referring to one sales thread. My bad for not being clear. Peckershiners lol

Enlighten me.

There was an incident in another sales thread and the poster probably should have sent a PM. I wasn't just referring to one sales thread. My bad for not being clear. Peckershiners lol

The seller has every right to chose whether to disclose or not just as the perspective buyer has every right to ask. However, that doesn't give the perspective buyer the right to ask in a manner that brands every book in the sales thread with a scarlet letter "P" just for the hell of it.

Enlighten me.

It's all good, MD. It just makes my blood boil. Everyone has the right to believe whatever they want to about any of this. But when someone proactively discloses and then there is threadcrapping, it is rudeness of the highest order.

Everyone has the right to believe whatever they want to about any of this. But when someone proactively discloses and then there is threadcrapping, it is rudeness of the highest order.

I agree...

Jim

Enlighten me.

It's all good, MD. It just makes my blood boil. Everyone has the right to believe whatever they want to about any of this. But when someone proactively discloses and then there is threadcrapping, it is rudeness of the highest order.

I just read the thread in question. I don't blame him. I wouldn't disclose the pressing, either.

If the anti-pressing people are so hell bent on buying unpressed books, they should have bought more of them off the newsstand when they were kids. Take your agendas and a C-Note and go get .

I hope every book that guy has ever bought has been pressed, the inside pages laced with pubes, and the covers teabagged with a sweaty sack.

...but that's just me...

Enlighten me.

The seller has every right to chose whether to disclose or not just as the perspective buyer has every right to ask. However, that doesn't give the perspective buyer the right to ask in a manner that brands every book in the sales thread with a scarlet letter "P" just for the hell of it.

I don't think enough credit is being given to the folks reading the threads and looking to buy. Is the thought that the person asking the question is the only one wondering about pressing when a high-grade book is posted? Really?

I'd say someone that can drop $500 on a mid-sixties 9.6 Spidey is already thinking about the possibility when he throws up the :takeit:

More likely is the fact that the one dumping in the thread is just the only one with attitude enough to try to disrupt the thread. Read their rhetoric, remind yourself how you don't want to come across, and move on. Ever been to a Wal-Mart and watched a mom beat the *spoon* out of their kid for acting up? Who you are you whispering about to your honey? The kid or the mom?

Don't be the mom in someone’s thread either. Just to make sure I'm clear...I don't think anyone should be posting a pressing/price/degrading question in someone's sales thread. However, I also don't think there should be four pages about how much of a *spoon* someone is for posting the question. Read it, send a PM and tell the person how much of a *spoon* they are if you want, but don't make it a spectacle for them. Everyone holds responsibility in keeping the board from becoming a Wal-Mart. 2c

Enlighten me.

I just read the thread in question. I don't blame him. I wouldn't disclose the pressing, either.

If the anti-pressing people are so hell bent on buying unpressed books, they should have bought more of them off the newsstand when they were kids. Take your agendas and a C-Note and go get .

I hope every book that guy has ever bought has been pressed, the inside pages laced with pubes, and the covers teabagged with a sweaty sack.

...but that's just me...

:roflmao:

Enlighten me.

I don't think enough credit is being given to the folks reading the threads and looking to buy. Is the thought that the person asking the question is the only one wondering about pressing when a high-grade book is posted? Really?

I'd say someone that can drop $500 on a mid-sixties 9.6 Spidey is already thinking about the possibility when he throws up the :takeit:

More likely is the fact that the one dumping in the thread is just the only one with attitude enough to try to disrupt the thread. Read their rhetoric, remind yourself how you don't want to come across, and move on. Ever been to a Wal-Mart and watched a mom beat the *spoon* out of their kid for acting up? Who you are you whispering about to your honey? The kid or the mom?

Don't be the mom in someone’s thread either. Just to make sure I'm clear...I don't think anyone should be posting a pressing/price/degrading question in someone's sales thread. However, I also don't think there should be four pages about how much of a *spoon* someone is for posting the question. Read it, send a PM and tell the person how much of a *spoon* they are if you want, but don't make it a spectacle for them. Everyone holds responsibility in keeping the board from becoming a Wal-Mart. 2c

Since reading comprehension appears to be an issue:

THE SELLER EXPLICITLY SAID THAT IT WAS PRESSED. THERE WAS NO QUESTION TO ASK. HE TOLD EVERYONE THAT IT WAS PRESSED.

Then, a person with an apparent agenda decided to f with the Seller who had proactively (that means without anyone having to ask) disclosed the pressing. If you are talking about KOR's thread, that is not what is being discussed. Although that was a bunch of wildly_fanciful_statement, too.

Enlighten me.

I agree.

Enlighten me.

Since reading comprehension appears to be an issue:

THE SELLER EXPLICITLY SAID THAT IT WAS PRESSED. THERE WAS NO QUESTION TO ASK. HE TOLD EVERYONE THAT IT WAS PRESSED.

Then, a person with an apparent agenda decided to f with the Seller who had proactively (that means without anyone having to ask) disclosed the pressing. If you are talking about KOR's thread, that is not what is being discussed. Although that was a bunch of wildly_fanciful_statement, too.

I read both threads before posting. I don't think the question was appropriate in either, whether pressing was disclosed or not. I also don't think multiple posts about how much of a *spoon* someone was for posing the question is appropriate either. Was it really not known that there would be an exchange right there in the sales thread?

Enlighten me.

...but that's just me...

:foryou:

It was rude to post that way on Bill's thread, and unnecessary to do that with someone who was just trying to be upfront and honest.

Now of course what you have done is to make me queasy about opening any book over a VG.

That only leaves about 98 % of my collection, but it hurts;)

Enlighten me.

...but that's just me...

^^

I read both threads before posting. I don't think the question was appropriate in either, whether pressing was disclosed or not. I also don't think multiple posts about how much of a *spoon* someone was for posing the question is appropriate either. Was it really not known that there would be an exchange right there in the sales thread?

I certainly understand what you are saying. Whether a question about pressing in a thread is acceptable etiquette as opposed to a PM is a completely different issue. I certainly would do it via PM if I had such a question. My OP asked about this type of activity in a thread that has proactive disclosure, since that was the shibboleth of the anti-pressing crowd for years.

Since PEP hasn't come on to support Bosco's theory that he was merely trying to find out some general information about pressing; :P, I am going to continue to assume that he has a BS axe to grind, and continue to assert that he chose to grind it in a rude fashion. People that act that rudely deserve to be called out, big time.

I certainly understand what you are saying. Whether a question about pressing in a thread is acceptable etiquette as opposed to a PM is a completely different issue. I certainly would do it via PM if I had such a question. My OP asked about this type of activity in a thread that has proactive disclosure, since that was the shibboleth of the anti-pressing crowd for years.

Since PEP hasn't come on to support Bosco's theory that he was merely trying to find out some general information about pressing; :P, I am going to continue to assume that he has a BS axe to grind, and continue to assert that he chose to grind it in a rude fashion. People that act that rudely deserve to be called out, big time.

I hear you and I understand what your saying. I'm fine with them being called on it. Just feel strongly that the calling out is as disruptive to a sales thread as the question itself. Take away their platform/attention and you stand a better chance of stopping it.

There should be a hall of *spoon* list. I'm new, but I watch the probation list so that I know who the dead-beats are on here. Should be a thread where folks that are acting like jerks can be publicly humiliated.

There should be a hall of *spoon* list. I'm new, but I watch the probation list so that I know who the dead-beats are on here. Should be a thread where folks that are acting like jerks can be publicly humiliated.

Oh dear, the Internets are not equipped for a list of that magnitude. lol Of course, someone could just copy and paste Cal's list. :shy:

Oh dear, the Internets are not equipped for a list of that magnitude. lol Of course, someone could just copy and paste Cal's list. :shy:

Do you have said list on file? :popcorn:

Think it would be a lot smaller than (correct usage?) you might think. Have a vetting/resolution process with some respected board members, put some teeth to it (lose ability to buy..sell...both?)....*spoon* would stop or at the very least become rare. From what I've seen, the folks that are stirring up trouble usually have 1k + posts. They want to be here with the ability to buy/sell. Put that at risk and you have a chance to police the board and make sure there is nice play in sales threads. Non-sales threads are fair game (shrug)