• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I don't know who PEP is and I don't know if he has a history of speaking out against pressing.

But the question "How would you know if it was pressed?" doesn't seem so threatening to me. The response on the other hand,

"Because I don't know who you are, I'm going to ignore your question even if you are about to buy every book I have ever wished to sell in my entire life."

After reading this thread first I was expecting PEP's comment to be much worse.

I just saw this.....are you kidding me??? lol

Yea it was an honest question and this guy had to respond like that to me? I thought he was joking around and that's why I posted it again.

Someone needs to get some thicker skin.....lol

And if you ask my friend universal I have no clue about pressing, I PM'd him over pressing a few weeks ago. Sorry guys but I'm not a huge comic geek like some on here, I dont know how to grade/press/etc.

Hilarious.

Oh and the reason I asked was because the seller kept posting (PRESSED) and I had wondered if CGC would display (PRESSED) on the label. I havent gone in his for sale thread since then and really dont remember which thread it was.

Oh one more thing, if you have a problem with something I said just PM me and we can work things out. Clear?

I have absolutely no problem with anyone buying or selling pressed books as long as they disclose that it's been pressed. I fell buyer deserve to have that information. (shrug)

I agree, but what about those that don't disclose? hm And don't answer the question when put to them? That's the rub.

Puh-lease.

You have a stick up your about pressing, and felt the need to cr@p on somebody's selling thread because of it. If you really cared about whether the book was pressed or not, you would have PM'ed KingOfRulers directly and asked him about it.

Unless, of course, you're claiming that you did, and he ignored you - which I would find rather hard to believe.

They're all pressed, and they're all being sold without any disclosure. Period. End of discussion. :grin:

Then why did you even bother to ask if you already knew the answer?

They're all pressed, and they're all being sold without any disclosure. Period. End of discussion. :grin:

I didn't already know the answer, but I surmised as much. We as a community, regardless of our thoughts on the topic, deserve better information. Would it have been any better if I asked a separate question about every book? I think not. Why should I PM him, so no one but me gets an answer? Nope, sorry - not how it should work.

I didn't already know the answer, but I surmised as much. We as a community, regardless of our thoughts on the topic, deserve better information. Would it have been any better if I asked a separate question about every book? I think not. Why should I PM him, so no one but me gets an answer? Nope, sorry - not how it should work.

So you had, and still have, no idea. You were just taking a mess in the man's thread.

So now it's perfectly ok to take a mess in someone's thread and person_without_enough_empathy about their price and grading. Is that what you're saying?

I asked a legitimate question - read it again. I didn't say anything about pricing or grading - where have you been? :screwy:

Let me ask the question so it's more apples to apples...

So if I notice someone that has overgraded their books, it's perfectly ok for me to post in their thread, "Who graded your books? Stevie Wonder?"

Or if they have their book priced a little lot on the high side, I should post in their thread, " :roflmao: " ?

Is that phrased so you can better answer it?

Steve Borock got around it all so easily with his "Assume all books have been pressed" comment at the start of every sales thread.

It avoids any accusations and avoids getting into debates. I can't imagine the harassers on here are doing this to every book they consider purchasing on eBay, CLink, the LCS, Craigs List or other places. And I certainly doubt they hang out and do it on books they have no intention on buying in the first place, as they do here.

No, it isn't. I don't even think you read what I wrote. :grin:

Sure I did.

Are any of these books not pressed? hm

You either did it because you have an axe to grind with that particular seller, or you have an agenda.

Since you didn't post that in everyone else's thread, I assume it was personal, and you were trolling the seller to scarlet letter his books. You admitted you had no idea if they were pressed or not, and that you had no intention of buying them, so you were just bringing bad vibes to that seller because of personal reasons.

Did I nail it yet?

What Divad and Pep did both amount to harassment.

I, for one, don't need some forum vigilantes to open my eyes for me. Keep to the probation list and leave the sales threads alone. If you want to out someone do it in a separate thread in the discussion forum but stay out of the damn sales threads.

Because I dont give one mess if its pressed or not.

And if what your doing is grinding some personal axe with a particular person than it is even more pathetic. It's like a snot nosed kid yelling "nyah nyah". I want to shop for books I dont wan't to see guerilla ethics combat.

Keep it in the discussion threads, individual_without_enough_empathys.

Edited by Shootydog

No, it isn't. I don't even think you read what I wrote. :grin:

Sure I did.

Are any of these books not pressed? hm

You either did it because you have an axe to grind with that particular seller, or you have an agenda.

Since you didn't post that in everyone else's thread, I assume it was personal, and you were trolling the seller to scarlet letter his books. You admitted you had no idea if they were pressed or not, and that you had no intention of buying them, so you were just bringing bad vibes to that seller because of personal reasons.

Did I nail it yet?

You nailed it like John Holmes. :golfclap:

I don't know who PEP is and I don't know if he has a history of speaking out against pressing.

But the question "How would you know if it was pressed?" doesn't seem so threatening to me. The response on the other hand,

"Because I don't know who you are, I'm going to ignore your question even if you are about to buy every book I have ever wished to sell in my entire life."

Yea it was an honest question and this guy had to respond like that to me? I thought he was joking around and that's why I posted it again.

And if you ask my friend universal I have no clue about pressing, I PM'd him over pressing a few weeks ago. Sorry guys but I'm not a huge comic geek like some on here, I dont know how to grade/press/etc.

Hilarious.

Oh and the reason I asked was because the seller kept posting (PRESSED) and I had wondered if CGC would display (PRESSED) on the label. I havent gone in his for sale thread since then and really dont remember which thread it was.

Oh one more thing, if you have a problem with something I said just PM me and we can work things out. Clear?

I guess all the people giving you craap in this thread are going to ignore your post.

For the grammar police.

How to use articles (A/AN/The)

Im in a foul mood today but even so the trolling going on in the sales threads is out of line.

Leave the sales threads alone unless you intend to buy a book. Leave the grandstanding for this and other discussion threads.

Edited by Shootydog

Hilarious.

I guess all the people giving you craap in this thread are going to ignore your post.

I won't ignore it. Just like I won't ignore you inserting yourself in as the staunch defender of anti-pressers and those accused of being anti-pressing. What a joke. Raw books rest easier tonight, safer in their mylar homes because of the yeoman's work that you are doing, sir. (thumbs u

Taking PEP's statements at face value, it looks like he walked into a buzzsaw. I'm amazed that someone that has been on the boards as long as he has would not know anything about pressing, disclosure or whether "CGC would put (PRESSED) on the label." But stranger things have happened. So I apologize to PEP for imputing an agenda upon him that apparently was incorrect, and suggesting that his attempts at finding information (that should have been clear by looking at the labels of the books in question) were threadcrapping.

Taking PEP's statements at face value, it looks like he walked into a buzzsaw. I'm amazed that someone that has been on the boards as long as he has would not know anything about pressing, disclosure or whether "CGC would put (PRESSED) on the label." But stranger things have happened. So I apologize to PEP for imputing an agenda upon him that apparently was incorrect, and suggesting that his attempts at finding information (that should have been clear by looking at the labels of the books in question) were threadcrapping.

That's what I thought was going on when I went back to read the thread the first time - an honest question that was misread.

And now it is clear why he asked the second time. He assumed there was some joke going on that he was not part of.

Glad this worked out, though the pressing discussion seems to always bring strong differences of opinion for many.

Hilarious.

I won't ignore it. Just like I won't ignore you inserting yourself in as the staunch defender of anti-pressers and those accused of being anti-pressing. What a joke. Raw books rest easier tonight, safer in their mylar homes because of the yeoman's work that you are doing, sir. (thumbs u

pretty much the same for me.

general forum alert; if a seller puts the word "PRESSED" or a derivation of the word "PRESSED" or says "Hey, this book has been subjected to light amounts of heat and pressure to remove any non colour-breaking creases and indentations prior to being slabbed" it's probably because they've had the book pressed.

many thanks to monstro for his declaration regarding others' intentions. we don't have enough posters who feel comfortable speaking for people they don't know from Adam, so that's good to see