• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Yes, you finally disclosed restoration, but you originally did not, which was my point.

Sorry it wasn't me, now on the other hand my roommate may have been. Btw, how could

your auction be ruin by someone who didn't even win it? I think you need to be upset with

the person who won the auction and didn't pay, not someone who didn't win, regardless if

they had more than one bid. There are thousands of auctions with multiple bids, but only

one winner.

So maybe you should leave the boards.

The Extensive restoration was disclosed in the first line of the auction from the very first second the auction was listed. Additional information regarding the restoration was added to the auction voluntarily shortly after the auction started. Additional information regarding the restoration and grade were sent to you via E-mail the first day of the auction. There was no attempt whatsoever to hide anything. Which you already know.

As far as the whole roommate thing goes... I guess proving you're a liar would be pointless now. I think its probably pretty clear to anyone reading.. By the way, does your roommate also sign your name in the E-mails he writes to people? Or do you and your roommate have identical names?

Yes, you finally disclosed restoration, but you originally did not, which was my point.

Sorry it wasn't me, now on the other hand my roommate may have been. Btw, how could

your auction be ruin by someone who didn't even win it? I think you need to be upset with

the person who won the auction and didn't pay, not someone who didn't win, regardless if

they had more than one bid. There are thousands of auctions with multiple bids, but only

one winner.

Is your roommate Danny Dupchak??

one winner.

The Extensive restoration was disclosed in the first line of the auction from the very first second the auction was listed. Additional information regarding the restoration was added to the auction voluntarily shortly after the auction started. Additional information regarding the restoration and grade were sent to you via E-mail the first day of the auction. There was no attempt whatsoever to hide anything. Which you already know.

As far as the whole roommate thing goes... I guess proving you're a liar would be pointless now. I think its probably pretty clear to anyone reading.. By the way, does your roommate also sign your name in the E-mails he writes to people? Or do you and your roommate have identical names?

:cloud9: I love it when the board comes together to out the azzclowns - and I'm, of course, referring to bucone in this particular case.

You know what? Thats not a bad idea. There are very few things on this earth that get me more upset than some liar hiding behind a computer. You make purchases/commitments you have no intention of sticking to and you make cowardly accusations that you know are false, in both cases counting on the anonymity provided by the internet to shield you from the consequences of your actions. And when all else fails... your roommate did it...

Selling comics is how I pay my bills and how I support my family. I don't even know you. Who the hell are you to come in and try to mess with my livelihood by ruining my auctions and attacking my integrity by making comments you know to be false as part of what I can only assume is some sort of game to you?

You can attack me for no reason all you want, I don't even care. But as soon as you start lying in an attempt to attack the credibility I have spent the past 10 years building up for myself, that bothers me a lot. When you start creating shill accounts to intentionally ruin my eBay auctions, that bothers me even more.

I'm taking a vacation from the boards so I don't have to read any more of your . Maybe by the time I come back you'll already be banned. (And probably be posting under your 5th name)

I'm taking a vacation from the boards so I don't have to read any more of your . Maybe by the time I come back you'll already be banned. (And probably be posting under your 5th name)

:o

I hate when things get like this on here.

You know what? Thats not a bad idea. There are very few things on this earth that get me more upset than some liar hiding behind a computer. You make purchases/commitments you have no intention of sticking to and you make cowardly accusations that you know are false, in both cases counting on the anonymity provided by the internet to shield you from the consequences of your actions. And when all else fails... your roommate did it...

Selling comics is how I pay my bills and how I support my family. I don't even know you. Who the hell are you to come in and try to mess with my livelihood by ruining my auctions and attacking my integrity by making comments you know to be false as part of what I can only assume is some sort of game to you?

You can attack me for no reason all you want, I don't even care. But as soon as you start lying in an attempt to attack the credibility I have spent the past 10 years building up for myself, that bothers me a lot. When you start creating shill accounts to intentionally ruin my eBay auctions, that bothers me even more.

Adam,

There isn't a chance in hell that any vile that this guy spews is going to have any effect on your reputation. What you choose to do is, of course, your business, but this guy shouldn't factor into it. To say he's insignificant would be an understatement. The last defense of any weak-minded person is to spew lies, hoping that someone will buy into it and give weight to their argument. He's failed miserably. Roommate????:roflmao:

Adam,

There isn't a chance in hell that any vile that this guy spews is going to have any effect on your reputation. What you choose to do is, of course, your business, but this guy shouldn't factor into it. To say he's insignificant would be an understatement. The last defense of any weak-minded person is to spew lies, hoping that someone will buy into it and give weight to their argument. He's failed miserably. Roommate????:roflmao:

I really do understand that even the simple act of responding to this clown in the first place gives him more credibility than he deserves. And I know what people are thinking when they read the thread. (And fortunately he's not even a good liar. I have the auction text. I have his E-mails. I can very easily prove who is telling the truth and who isnt.)

But what about a potential scenario where someone sees an eBay auction of mine, doesn't know me, Google's my name, sees only Bucone's post and decides not to bid on my auction? If 499 people read his posts and realize who and what he is, and 1 person reads a post out of context and it costs me 1 sale.. how is it fair that his lies cost me a sale?

I do know I'm over-reacting, but this is a very sensitive topic for me. Years ago, I had a pretty successful comic business where I was doing almost 100% of my sales through eBay. I woke up one morning and it was almost as if overnight half of my highest dollar auctions were ending with non-paying bidders. I got frustrated and stopped selling on eBay for quite a while. It wasn't until last year I found out the reason behind the slew of non-paying bidders. Another dealer (who I don't even think knew me at the time) was E-mailing my winning bidders on high dollar auctions any time I got a good price and he had a similar book, and encouraging them to buy his books instead. He was doing so by making accusations that I was a con-artist using stolen scans to sell books I didn't own and warning people not to send money. I was relatively new to comics at the time and apparently some people believed him because they'd never dealt with me before. And my business suffered because of it. When I see people like Bucone posting I have a bad habit of over-reacting. And since I can't stop him from acting like an , the only other thing to do is take a few days off.

Besides, today's a day to give thanks. I don't want to spend any more of it arguing with someone like BucOne! I appreciate the responses & PMs though and I'm sure I'll be back in a few days.

Adam,

I really do understand that even the simple act of responding to this clown in the first place gives him more credibility than he deserves. And I know what people are thinking when they read the thread. (And fortunately he's not even a good liar. I have the auction text. I have his E-mails. I can very easily prove who is telling the truth and who isnt.)

But what about a potential scenario where someone sees an eBay auction of mine, doesn't know me, Google's my name, sees only Bucone's post and decides not to bid on my auction? If 499 people read his posts and realize who and what he is, and 1 person reads a post out of context and it costs me 1 sale.. how is it fair that his lies cost me a sale?

I do know I'm over-reacting, but this is a very sensitive topic for me. Years ago, I had a pretty successful comic business where I was doing almost 100% of my sales through eBay. I woke up one morning and it was almost as if overnight half of my highest dollar auctions were ending with non-paying bidders. I got frustrated and stopped selling on eBay for quite a while. It wasn't until last year I found out the reason behind the slew of non-paying bidders. Another dealer (who I don't even think knew me at the time) was E-mailing my winning bidders on high dollar auctions any time I got a good price and he had a similar book, and encouraging them to buy his books instead. He was doing so by making accusations that I was a con-artist using stolen scans to sell books I didn't own and warning people not to send money. I was relatively new to comics at the time and apparently some people believed him because they'd never dealt with me before. And my business suffered because of it. When I see people like Bucone posting I have a bad habit of over-reacting. And since I can't stop him from acting like an , the only other thing to do is take a few days off.

Besides, today's a day to give thanks. I don't want to spend any more of it arguing with someone like BucOne! I appreciate the responses & PMs though and I'm sure I'll be back in a few days.

Understood. And you're right, it only takes on misinformed potential buyer to cost you a ton of money. Fortunately, the comic world is still a pretty small world. I, for one, consider it sleazy to make an accusation without producing PROOF. And that's exactly what this clown is doing.

When I first started my account, right away I purchased a few items, but one of the sellers (Comicgrinder) was nasty and mean with his responses, so I decided not to purchase anything from him or the other seller (foolkiller)

I'd like to see those responses if you still have them. Those two individuals were and have been nothing but helpful to me when I first became a member here. Why would a seller be mean and nasty when hes trying to sell you something and make new customers. That makes no ing sense.

DRX

Adam (Filter81) is an honest person...meaning I trust the guy completely. The guy is also about as good natured a person as you will ever find. The fact that someone would try and rip him a new one tells me that either

a) the offending person is wrong or that

b) the offending person is wrong and doesn't want to know the truth....making you willfully ignorant.

You were wrong and now you are being willfully ignorant.

Sorry, but Adam gets the benefit of the doubt without so much as the blink of an eye around these parts. He's worked hard for that rep and eaten a lot of shite along the way to get here.

Bucone, you and I have PMd back and forth about how to get along and get your act together. You've decided not to use this opportunity to benefit yourself and everyone else and that is to your own detriment. Instead you tried to tear down somebody's hard earned reputation using ideology that belongs does not belong in a free society.

Really, I think you've worn out your welcome here.

in the end it doesn't matter, If I want a book and have the money, trust me...Money wins!

Not with everyone. I'll start a list

1) joeypost

Anyone care to join?

Me neither. There are people I will not deal, period.

1) joeypost

2) r1970d

in the end it doesn't matter, If I want a book and have the money, trust me...Money wins!

1) joeypost

2)r1970d

3) thehumantorch

Anyone care to join?

If you're on the Probation list I don't want to buy from you or sell to you.

Edited by thehumantorch

1) joeypost

2)r1970d

3) thehumantorch

4) Count

Anyone care to join?

1) joeypost

2)r1970d

3) thehumantorch

4) Count

5) DRX

Anyone care to join?

1) joeypost

2)r1970d

3) thehumantorch

4) Count

5) DRX

6) flatrock02

Anyone care to join?

1) joeypost

Anyone care to join?

Me neither. There are people I will not deal, period.

1) joeypost

2) r1970d

Try and Stop him from buying, just try.

lol

ok I'm in.