• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

yeah i'll also issue a public appology

i honestly think he was enjoying it , and we just kept giving him what he wanted

but i really should have refrained from having an all out slap fight with him

:sorry:

I will also add to the list of people who jumped all over this guy..

The 129 thread he had going was a pack of lies and I for one do not want to see nayone get ripped off..This is a tight knit group here and I hate to see any scammers getting any of our hard earned money..

I apoligize as well..I dont know this guy..Who knows.. maybe he was legit but odds are that he is NOT so I just will stay away from his threads ..

He has since changed his ID and started listing in the grading section again...With the bugs still in his scans ..I wish him luck and anyone who buys from him I wish them luck as well..

My behavior was not really called for and I offer up my apoligies as well :sorry:

I also want to keep the forums a safe place, specifically in the marketplace. I didn't know that he has now changed his name, perhaps pretending to be someone else. Can you post his new ID, please?

Thanks,

Andy

He's been using GreenHornet1966 after he was given a vacation with pc1009 name.

yeah i'll also issue a public appology

i honestly think he was enjoying it , and we just kept giving him what he wanted

but i really should have refrained from having an all out slap fight with him

:sorry:

I will also add to the list of people who jumped all over this guy..

The 129 thread he had going was a pack of lies and I for one do not want to see nayone get ripped off..This is a tight knit group here and I hate to see any scammers getting any of our hard earned money..

I apoligize as well..I dont know this guy..Who knows.. maybe he was legit but odds are that he is NOT so I just will stay away from his threads ..

He has since changed his ID and started listing in the grading section again...With the bugs still in his scans ..I wish him luck and anyone who buys from him I wish them luck as well..

My behavior was not really called for and I offer up my apoligies as well :sorry:

I also want to keep the forums a safe place, specifically in the marketplace. I didn't know that he has now changed his name, perhaps pretending to be someone else. Can you post his new ID, please?

Thanks,

Andy

He's been using GreenHornet1966 after he was given a vacation with pc1009 name.

Thank you. (thumbs u

The tendency of sellers here to over-saturate their scans in a effort to make their books look that much better is getting WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of hand! You know who you are, so stop it before I start namimg names :sumo:

The tendency of sellers here to over-saturate their scans in a effort to make their books look that much better is getting WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of hand! You know who you are, so stop it before I start namimg names :sumo:
Can you explain over-saturate please?

Sure - You can adjust the color settings on your scanner to increase the saturation levels. This makes the red and blues much richer to the point of "popping out". The reds may even cause slight damage to your retinas lol:insane:

Sure - You can adjust the color settings on your scanner to increase the saturation levels. This makes the red and blues much richer to the point of "popping out". The reds may even cause slight damage to your retinas lol:insane:

Now I know. That's half the battle.

Yeah, that bugs me too. I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt though (i.e. maybe they don't know what they're doing). When I see covers that are as white as the background Web page, it's obvious something needs to be adjusted.

So what do you do when someone posts a book for sale that's both pathetically overgraded and overpriced? hm

Do you just let the market take care of itself? hm hm

Or do you post a "Great book / nice price" comment in their thread? doh!

Seriously, whose fault is it that they severely overpaid for the book in the first place? :o

And should the forum be a clearinghouse for krappy purchases? Who protects the little guy? :eek:

Inquiring minds want to know . . . ;)

I always thought it was kinda a forum policy not to comment on overgrading and overly priced books in someone's FS thread.

That's true. But it's sometimes hard to keep my mouth shut, when it seems so obvious that a grade or price is way off. Couldn't there be an allowance for asking if the seller meant VG instead of VF? And I mean asking it publicly, I know I can just send him or her a PM.

Speaking for myself, I would not mind an honest question about my grade or price if I listed some stuff for sale. If I felt I got it right I'd just say so. If I was convinced that I'd gotten it wrong I'd either make the appropriate change or remove the comic.

Now, all that's different from someone getting out of hand about it, yelling "SCAMMER!!!!!!!" in the dreaded ALL CAPS or whatever.

Unreasonable?

So what do you do when someone posts a book for sale that's both pathetically overgraded and overpriced? hm

Seriously, whose fault is it that they severely overpaid for the book in the first place? :o

And should the forum be a clearinghouse for krappy purchases? Who protects the little guy? :eek:

Well, it can only be a clearinghouse if the item sells, right?

I'm always very tempted to post a WTF in the thread, but thankfully have been able to restrain myself from doing so. I also refrain from posting in dead sales threads where the seller seems clueless why their highly overpriced/overgraded items aren't moving.

If it were me, I'd want to know about it....a PM would be perfectly acceptable to me.

However, I get the distinct impression that not everyone is the same in this regard.

I don't mind friends giving me advice, I appreciate it, because there is always the possibility that I made a mistake, but I'm not macho. I think many people here, would find advice on a thread, insulting and I can't see where it's necessary.

If books don't sell, it can be for a myriad of reasons, pricing, the items can be common, people can be out of funds...it doesn't mean the items are bad or priced too high, or anything. I've had books up that didn't sell that go for much more on Ebay...and books sell weeks later, sometimes it's luck, sometimes the books sell instantly and sometimes I get PMs telling me I was pricing too low doh! ...it's a mixture. .

I think the market will tell the sellers what they need to know, unless you are afraid the person is a scammer and hiding something. Bad grading is not always a crime, it's an opinion.

What I don't like, is when pictures disappear and I see some really nice, honest people doing that...it gives no basis for comparison and no record. I would like to suggest that sellers leave all pictures up for at least 30 days.

I always thought it was kinda a forum policy not to comment on overgrading and overly priced books in someone's FS thread.

You're not supposed to, and we have a few regular sellers that price way above GPA and people let them ride. So why should any new sellers be given grief?

The books don't sell - the seller potentially gets the hint they are off the mark - they either post the old threat of, "Buy them now or I'm going to eBay" or adjust their prices.

This was an easy one to address. Next?

Your not supposed to, and we have a few regular sellers that price way above GPA and people let them ride. So why should any new sellers be given grief?

I say we call 'em out...new, old, doesn't matter, (thumbs u

Goes for grading too...although that might be blamed on ignorance, and not greed as with the hyper-GPA sellers. doh!

Well it is, and it has been. Thread-krapping is considered verbotten by all seasoned Boardies. But when it's so obvious, and some poor schmuck hits the BIN, does the community-at-large have a role? hm

Well, it can only be a clearinghouse if the item sells, right?

I'm always very tempted to post a WTF in the thread, but thankfully have been able to restrain myself from doing so. I also refrain from posting in dead sales threads where the seller seems clueless why their highly overpriced/overgraded items aren't moving.

If it were me, I'd want to know about it....a PM would be perfectly acceptable to me.

However, I get the distinct impression that not everyone is the same in this regard.

That's for sure . . . :grin:

I don't mind friends giving me advice, I appreciate it, because there is always the possibility that I made a mistake, but I'm not macho. I think many people here, would find advice on a thread, insulting and I can't see where it's necessary.

If books don't sell, it can be for a myriad of reasons, pricing, the items can be common, people can be out of funds...it doesn't mean the items are bad or priced too high, or anything. I've had books up that didn't sell that go for much more on Ebay...and books sell weeks later, sometimes it's luck, sometimes the books sell instantly and sometimes I get PMs telling me I was pricing too low doh! ...it's a mixture. .

I think the market will tell the sellers what they need to know, unless you are afraid the person is a scammer and hiding something. Bad grading is not always a crime, it's an opinion.

What I don't like, is when pictures disappear and I see some really nice, honest people doing that...it gives no basis for comparison and no record. I would like to suggest that sellers leave all pictures up for at least 30 days.

As ever, the voice of sound reason :foryou::hi: