• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

What I don't like, is when pictures disappear and I see some really nice, honest people doing that...it gives no basis for comparison and no record. I would like to suggest that sellers leave all pictures up for at least 30 days.

Hey, I know this response is kind of late, but in my last two sales threads I have just started taking down pics once they are sold. In my first thread I stated that I was going to do that just to save space on the thread and not have people scroll through tons of pics of books sold, especially when I would have many books to sell. I do keep a copy in photobucket though in case there is an issue. If there is an issue, I would have no problem refunding a buyer's cash if he does not agree with the grade, even if it's a $1 book. I guess it's about principal. I just want to make sure that people are happy with what they buy.

I just came across this thread and it is very helpful learning from you guys. Thanks a lot. From now on I think what I'll do is leave the pics up when people don't quote the pic with their :takeit:. When I buy stuff off people, it annoys me a little that you see the same pic over and over of a book that is already sold. Again, thanks guys for this awesome knowledge. (thumbs u

I myself cruise thru older sales threads and if i see something unsold, I will contact the seller to see if they still want to unload it. removing sold items seems reasonable to me. (shrug)

What I don't like, is when pictures disappear and I see some really nice, honest people doing that...it gives no basis for comparison and no record. I would like to suggest that sellers leave all pictures up for at least 30 days.

Hey, I know this response is kind of late, but in my last two sales threads I have just started taking down pics once they are sold. In my first thread I stated that I was going to do that just to save space on the thread and not have people scroll through tons of pics of books sold, especially when I would have many books to sell. I do keep a copy in photobucket though in case there is an issue. If there is an issue, I would have no problem refunding a buyer's cash if he does not agree with the grade, even if it's a $1 book. I guess it's about principal. I just want to make sure that people are happy with what they buy.

I just came across this thread and it is very helpful learning from you guys. Thanks a lot. From now on I think what I'll do is leave the pics up when people don't quote the pic with their :takeit:. When I buy stuff off people, it annoys me a little that you see the same pic over and over of a book that is already sold. Again, thanks guys for this awesome knowledge. (thumbs u

I myself cruise thru older sales threads and if i see something unsold, I will contact the seller to see if they still want to unload it. removing sold items seems reasonable to me. (shrug)

I prefer that sellers leave the photos up, that way the buyer can verify that the book purchased is the book sent, and not some "stock photo", and/or bait-and-switch. When books are immediately taken down, it makes me suspicious of the seller's motives and intentions. Unless of course, the buyer has locked the photo in with his quotes - then I agree - reduce the clutter.

I prefer that sellers leave the photos up, that way the buyer can verify that the book purchased is the book sent, and not some "stock photo", and/or bait-and-switch. When books are immediately taken down, it makes me suspicious of the seller's motives and intentions. Unless of course, the buyer has locked the photo in with his quotes - then I agree - reduce the clutter.

I have to agree about the perception that occurs when right after a sale someone takes down all their photos. It's not like Photobucket is charging you as long as your account stays below a certain size.

A seller did this recently with all the books in his sales thread right after it closed, and it made me wonder immediately what was going on.

Thanks for the info guys. I know now that I can just leave a link for people to click on and still remove clutter. (thumbs u

And thanks for always giving me a heads up and support in my sales, Nick. You tha bomb, brotha!

Julio

Had some WONDERFUL news on the job front and I'm enjoying a six-pack of beer tonight. Now, I'm only hoping someone doesn't come along with a deal that's too good to be true cause I might do more buying than I need to be doing!

lol

Im thinking about selling some comics in dutch auction format. Starting the books at 2$ each. Once all the books have been listed (probably 50-100 per thread) they will be 1$ then 24hrs later 50c, then 25c, then free to anyone who want to pay shipping.

My current plan is to do 4 threads for variants/bronze/copper/moderns

Any suggestions? I wonder how much i will end up giving away :D

Im thinking about selling some comics in dutch auction format. Starting the books at 2$ each. Once all the books have been listed (probably 50-100 per thread) they will be 1$ then 24hrs later 50c, then 25c, then free to anyone who want to pay shipping.

If that's what it takes to get rid of Hulk books, then more power to ya.

:insane:

Lonetree had one of those type of sales threads last year. I don't think it went to well but you should ask him.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3560267&fpart=1

Personally with all the sales threads you may be selling them for less than you wanted. I would just list them at x and do a % off at the end of the thread.

Edited by nocutename

Lonetree had one of those type of sales threads last year. I don't think it went to well but you should ask him.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3560267&fpart=1

Personally with all the sales threads you may be selling them for less than you wanted. I would just list them at x and do a % off at the end of the thread.

I was figuring if that thread made enough money to buy me and my girlfriend dinner at boston market it was a success. The final tally says ^^

I was figuring if that thread made enough money to buy me and my girlfriend dinner at boston market it was a success. The final tally says ^^

:applause:

It will be fun to watch. The sales thread not you two eating dinner. doh!

Good luck.

Anyone else think this particular guideline has been ignored lately?

I think it has.

12. Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you.

Usage Guidelines

Not more than usual - there are numerous board members who break this rule repeatedly.

What I find much more annoying is the endless chatter that happen in the Modern FS threads - seems like every single book that gets posted needs to be followed by 10+ posts of nonsense from the peanut gallery.

Not more than usual - there are numerous board members who break this rule repeatedly.

What I find much more annoying is the endless chatter that happen in the Modern FS threads - seems like every single book that gets posted needs to be followed by 10+ posts of nonsense from the peanut gallery.

+1