• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

Feel free to chime in. In the general section I mentioned these books are not much of an interest anymore.

Here are two pictures of most most of the books in question minus a tec 395 cgc 8.5 (former 9.0 I thought would get a bump with a press lol ) Without getting into specific grades / better scans (assume 80% are 9.0 or higher) what are the chances of trading for a single mid to lower graded SA Marvel key, a cheaper mid to higher SA Marvel key, or a nice Timely war cover, or earlier Action, (understandably the GA stuff would most likely be restored) etc..

These are not for sale sorry. I am just seeing if the potential for trading is there.

d058.jpg

d057.jpg

The idea here is to keep the constant chatter out of the Probation Thread. That way it stays shorter and more accessible. If you want to discuss what's going on in Forum Sales, try to do so here.

I've never seen more overgraded krap for sale in the forums then today . . . :grin:

Can you be more specific? I see mostly CGC books and readers.

X-Men #8 in "VF/NM" :whistle:

Feel free to chime in. In the general section I mentioned these books are not much of an interest anymore.

Here are two pictures of most most of the books in question minus a tec 395 cgc 8.5 (former 9.0 I thought would get a bump with a press lol ) Without getting into specific grades / better scans (assume 80% are 9.0 or higher) what are the chances of trading for a single mid to lower graded SA Marvel key, a cheaper mid to higher SA Marvel key, or a nice Timely war cover, or earlier Action, (understandably the GA stuff would most likely be restored) etc..

These are not for sale sorry. I am just seeing if the potential for trading is there.

I think it's a tough trade, Brian. No matter how many cool BA comics you offer in pretty nice shape, it's tough to find someone with a SA or GA key that would be willing to trade for a big stack of bronze. Perhaps trading the stack for a restored book might be possible.

The idea here is to keep the constant chatter out of the Probation Thread. That way it stays shorter and more accessible. If you want to discuss what's going on in Forum Sales, try to do so here.

I've never seen more overgraded krap for sale in the forums then today . . . :grin:

Can you be more specific? I see mostly CGC books and readers.

X-Men #8 in "VF/NM" :whistle:

Mmmm .... toasty! :ohnoez:

I think it's a tough trade, Brian. No matter how many cool BA comics you offer in pretty nice shape, it's tough to find someone with a SA or GA key that would be willing to trade for a big stack of bronze. Perhaps trading the stack for a restored book might be possible.

Thanks, It seemed like a good idea thinking about it, but I figured it would be better to throw it out there before I started scanning and putting more work into it. You are most likely right, no matter how popular the BA books are they still don't compare to SA keys and GA books.

I've got approximately 650 duplicate books that I'm interested in getting rid of. About 200+ are Silver to Bronze Age books with the remainder being Copper and modern. Primary titles are Avengers, Defenders, Marvel Team-up, ASM, X-men, Captain Marvel, New Avengers, Civil War, ROM, West Coast Avengers, Thunderbolts, Ultimate Spider-man and Ultimate Fantastic Four. Total collection is worth almost $67k using 12-month GPA with the 200 or so SA and BA books making up around $50k of this. Values for books range from $2500 to $8.

What do you think is the best way to getsell this? One lump to a dealer, CLink it all, CLINK the best stuff, what? I don't want to go the eBay route as I've already got a 60-hour/week job and don't need the headaches. I've tried sellingthrough the board but, frankly, it is a pain in the and more time consuming than eBay.

Let me hear some reasonable thoughts.

It sounds like you don't feel you have a ton of time to put into it. Selling all at once to a dealer or putting them on an auction house are the options. You would probably get more through the auction house but then still be stuck with the stuff that isn't worth putting up there. Maybe try to sell that remaining stock to a dealer?

I've got approximately 650 duplicate books that I'm interested in getting rid of. About 200+ are Silver to Bronze Age books with the remainder being Copper and modern. Primary titles are Avengers, Defenders, Marvel Team-up, ASM, X-men, Captain Marvel, New Avengers, Civil War, ROM, West Coast Avengers, Thunderbolts, Ultimate Spider-man and Ultimate Fantastic Four. Total collection is worth almost $67k using 12-month GPA with the 200 or so SA and BA books making up around $50k of this. Values for books range from $2500 to $8.

What do you think is the best way to getsell this? One lump to a dealer, CLink it all, CLINK the best stuff, what? I don't want to go the eBay route as I've already got a 60-hour/week job and don't need the headaches. I've tried sellingthrough the board but, frankly, it is a pain in the and more time consuming than eBay.

Give Steve Borock a call. You may not get top dollar after fees and such, but you wont have to worry and will have anything but a headache.

Give Steve Borock a call. You may not get top dollar after fees and such, but you wont have to worry and will have anything but a headache.

That, is a great suggestion. :)

Yeah, that is a good thought. I follow Heritage pretty closely and I know that a lot of the BA stuff I have won't bring much in the way of bidding but the earlier stuff might be worthwhile.

I think I may list some sets on the board this weekend as reasonable prices and see if anyone wants to get n instant high-ranking registry set.

So you see a book you want in a sales thread and PM a couple of questions. Having got answers you're happy with, you PM confirmation that you'll take the book.

The seller responds by asking you to Paypal using the personal option if possible and if you don't want to do that, you should add 4% to cover the fees.

The sales thread simply states that Paypal payments are welcomed.

Comments, please, people. :foryou:

Sounds like bull :censored: to me. If the seller is so concerned about 4 percent he/she should have factored that into the listing price.

2c

It's happening on here, and has happened to me. If the seller is concerned about getting payment right now he should absorb the fees or like you said, factor it in. Otherwise, a Postal Money Order or other payment option should be requested.

DR.X

Edited by DR.X

Sounds like bull :censored: to me. If the seller is so concerned about 4 percent he/she should have factored that into the listing price.

2c

+1, personal payment shouldn't be asked for and adding extra to cover the fees after a deal is struck is utter wildly_fanciful_statement.

Sellers shouldn't be allowed to do this in the marketplace.

The seller responds by asking you to Paypal using the personal option if possible and if you don't want to do that, you should add 4% to cover the fees.

All this is doing is skirting the board rules that you cannot ask for Personal Payment.

So if you were to state that is fine, as long as the seller discounts the book to make up for the additional PayPal expense, would that be a problem for them?

The buyer is under no obligation to comply with either of these requests.

All this is doing is skirting the board rules that you cannot ask for Personal Payment.

So if you were to state that is fine, as long as the seller discounts the book to make up for the additional PayPal expense, would that be a problem for them?

Yeah, it's nothing more than a work-around, IMHO. Don't state it in the thread, but slap it on after commitment has been made.

I will never pay for another board transaction using the personal method. There are a few close friends that I use it with as we are pretty much just swapping money back and forth.

However, to pay using the personal method for a book from someone you do not have a personal relationship with is stupid. Furthermore, threatening a percentage up charge if you do not use PP personal after a sales price is agreed upon is the next thing to extortion.

I'd tell them to keep their damn book. They won't have to worry about any fees now.

(thumbs u

So you see a book you want in a sales thread and PM a couple of questions. Having got answers you're happy with, you PM confirmation that you'll take the book.

The sales thread simply states that Paypal payments are welcomed.

Comments, please, people. :foryou:

Tell him he can't enforce you paying by PP personal as it's against the rules of the board where the sale just took place and he can't force you to pay 4% extra as that would be raising the price of an item after the deal is done and the price is agreed upon.

I'm not sure I would even go to trouble of explaining all this to him and would probably walk away and out the seller.

Of course now you have made it somewhat public, it wouldn't surprise me if the seller now contacts you to tell you it's ok to use regular paypal without fees after all as he's such a good person he has reconsidered rantrant