• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

iIntersting...so if someone agrees on a price or book on a WTB...but there's never an actually transaction made...then it's Probation? :shrug:

Wouldn't it be probation on both parts since neither party completed the transaction?

Here's a solution WTB Threads No transaction = Nothing.. meaning no harm no foul.

Rules on WTB Threads should differ from an actual Sales Thread. Sales Threads are under strict guidelines/rules.

If you were to apply the same to a WTB thread, then those people who speak to each other are contractually obligated to finish the transaction.

However, if I were to offer severl books on a WTB thread, the buyer agrees, but doesn't follow through, I would always be willing to make an exception and just sell the books somewhere else, or to someone else.

So if somebody wanted to buy a book/s and you offered them one, sent them scans when requested, offered a price and they agreed, they asked for time payments and you agreed, then finally they said 'I'll take it', you wouldn't consider that a sale?

If the guy then never bothered contacting you again, didn't even PM you to say 'I've changed my mind' or 'I can't afford it', you wouldn't bring it up? Especially when you know the same person has done exactly the same thing to other boardies? You think that you would be deserving of going on the probation list if that happened to you?

So if somebody wanted to buy a book/s and you offered them one, sent them scans when requested, offered a price and they agreed, they asked for time payments and you agreed, then finally they said 'I'll take it', you wouldn't consider that a sale?

That's not what I said. I said if something was agreed upon on a WTB, you're pretty much on your own. Sales Threads have rules and contracts, WTB threads don't.

IF I agreed to sell a book, and the person agreed to BUY said book, but after six months nothing happens and no one bothers to initiate communcation.. Then who's on the hook? The buyer or seller?

I didn't really want to put it out like this... I wanted to speak to Nick on the phone and tell him I was sorry for being such a pain and stupid individual_without_enough_empathy before putting it out there. Nothing I say I feel justifies anything, I still think I should have done something else so I'm not here to play innocent, just explain myself and come forward...

It WASN'T from a WTB thread firstly... it was a PM conversation, I'm not sure where the WTB thread thing came from? Nick sent me his pdf of comics for sale as requested in PM by me, which was very kind of him :) and he said if I'm interested in anything that it would be no problem to scan them, as they needed to be scanned anyways for the website eventually... so I figured i'd cheekily request a few scans... I then wanted a few things, but I then realised and said, can we talk about it towards the end of the month some more (He did tell me the pricing and he did say I would take a few of them after deciding no to some)... but I did agree to them, but I wanted to talk about it when I was doing better with money, and I've just had problems and it went over my head since then... He left it for me to message him and to be honest, I just completely forgot... NO excuse, but... that's the truth to the story.

:(

I'm speaking with Nick and sorting it out now...

iIntersting...so if someone agrees on a price or book on a WTB...but there's never an actually transaction made...then it's Probation? :shrug:

Wouldn't it be probation on both parts since neither party completed the transaction?

Here's a solution WTB Threads No transaction = Nothing.. meaning no harm no foul.

Rules on WTB Threads should differ from an actual Sales Thread. Sales Threads are under strict guidelines/rules.

If you were to apply the same to a WTB thread, then those people who speak to each other are contractually obligated to finish the transaction.

However, if I were to offer severl books on a WTB thread, the buyer agrees, but doesn't follow through, I would always be willing to make an exception and just sell the books somewhere else, or to someone else.

If the guy then never bothered contacting you again, didn't even PM you to say 'I've changed my mind' or 'I can't afford it', you wouldn't bring it up? Especially when you know the same person has done exactly the same thing to other boardies? You think that you would be deserving of going on the probation list if that happened to you?

Just read Lloyd's response and course there were some details that Nick failed to mention here. Either way. They should both work this out.

Let the probation gods deside.

On Lloyd's defense. He's always been able to solve issues/problems within the boards. I say let them work it out. If a general consences (spelling please) cannot be made, then a final judgement should take place.

:shrug:

:(

Sorry to have let you guys down :( hate to be labeled one of the time waisting people here. Will handle it, and I see my errors :( Not much else can be said.

So I wasn't the only one this happened to?

hm

:baiting:

Edited by LloydJBailey

That's not what I said. I said if something was agreed upon on a WTB, you're pretty much on your own. Sales Threads have rules and contracts, WTB threads don't.

IF I agreed to sell a book, and the person agreed to BUY said book, but after six months nothing happens and no one bothers to initiate communcation.. Then who's on the hook? The buyer or seller?

I disagree with the highlighted statement as much as is humanly possible. To me, it is all about the agreement. If an unequivocal agreement is made, it does not matter where the conversation started. Breach of an agreement is wrong no matter how it originated. If the two parties did not reach an agreement or there was a mutual mistake or a mutual forgetting, then no harm, no foul.

I told him I'd phone him and speak with him so :wishluck:. It's pay day in a few days, so I'm hoping we can just get it sorted, and lesson learnt :( I still feel like an individual_without_enough_empathy though, but not much I can do now. Thanks for being understanding though, even though I probably don't deserve it, and you Adonis :hi:

I disagree with the highlighted statement as much as is humanly possible. To me, it is all about the agreement. If an unequivocal agreement is made, it does not matter where the conversation started. Breach of an agreement is wrong no matter how it originated. If the two parties did not reach an agreement or there was a mutual mistake or a mutual forgetting, then no harm, no foul.

The ginger hath spoken :applause:

I've had similar issues with Lloyd.

I priced up a big bunch of books for him and he said he'd take three of them. Thye were so cheap that it was more of a hassle for me to do it than it was worth (the petrol for the car to get to the post office probably would have cost as much) but I was happy to do it anyway.

Then he asked for prices and scans of other more expensive books and then more and then he told me he couldn't afford the couple of pounds for the three original books till the end of the month so could he wait till then. I didn't hear from him again and I wasn't going to chase him up just to do him a favour.

Months later, he contacted me again asking for details of other books I'd got for sale and I sent him scans and prices and he didn't reply to me again. 10 days later I PM'd back and asked him if he wasn't interested again. He apologised about not replying and then asked me about more books. I listed some and provided prices to which he said he couldn't afford anything but asked if I could I send him some scans anyway.

At this point, I gave up wasting my time. I don't have a lot of spare time and I can't afford to waste it on someone with no intention of buying anything.

It may seem like an inconvenience, and I'm sure it is to some who don't have the time to waste... but he's just shopping. I don't think Lloyd means any harm.

When Lloyd hits it big in web design I'm sure that everyone that's dealt with him will reap the rewards of his big paychecks.

It may seem like an inconvenience, and I'm sure it is to some who don't have the time to waste... but he's just shopping. I don't think Lloyd means any harm.

When Lloyd hits it big in web design I'm sure that everyone that's dealt with him will reap the rewards of his big paychecks.

I hope Lloyd realizes from this discussion that scanning, grading and pricing

comics is a lot of work. Please don't kick the tires or agree to buy

the tires unless you are serious about doing a deal.

And I'm not saying that anyone has to buy a book after asking

for a scan; just realize that the seller is taking you serious and you

should appreciate the seller's efforts.

(thumbs u

I do :(

Sorry for the hassle caused.

Not much more I can say in this thread other than that now :(:foryou:

And I'm not saying that anyone has to buy a book after asking

for a scan; just realize that the seller is taking you serious and you

should appreciate the seller's efforts.

Lloyd has PM'd me an apology over the books that he didn't follow through and pay me for. I replied with this...

Apology accepted Lloyd.

It's not just the not buying books that you said you'd buy though. It's not replying to me after I've gone to a lot of trouble for you (more than once) and asking for multiple scans and then telling me that you don't have any money to buy anything.

Anyway, I appreciate the apology and I hope that you appreciate why people get annoyed by that kind of experience. You're not the only board member who's backed out of deals with me and you won't be the last.

Regards.

Garry