• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Refund once you've got the book back as long as he gets it to you within a time frame that you are happy with.

I thought you didn't ship internationally?

He also doesn't discount his sales threads - EVER!

:insane::baiting:

I realize now it's Canada - America's little cousin so I don't count that as being 'international' lol

:o

hm

Refund once you've got the book back as long as he gets it to you within a time frame that you are happy with.

I realize now it's Canada - America's little cousin so I don't count that as being 'international' lol

hm

I actually thought the same thing. When someone from the States says "international", I automatically exclude Canada. I figure they'd say "a boardie from Canada". (shrug)

But, in any case, two months is way too long for anyone to return a book. :sumo:

I ship to USA and Canada only, but I do have some UK boardies who I have met at cons like Golddust for example who I trust and will always ship to. (thumbs u

You sir are allowed to buy anything from me at all times, just send me a PM next time if you want to buy anything. :hi:

I ship to USA and Canada only, but I do have some UK boardies who I have met at cons like Golddust for example who I trust and will always ship to. (thumbs u

You sir are allowed to buy anything from me at all times, just send me a PM next time if you want to buy anything. :hi:

That is very kind of you (worship)

He is long time boardie, but I don't know many people who takes returns after 2 months because the person just can't put the book in a envelope and mail it back to me. :/

I was going to do a final PM to him saying if I don't have the book by X-mas (when I am moving) then I will consider the matter closed.

Your thoughts?

I actually think 2 months is extremely fair. There has to be a cutoff at some point.

This is so true. Since you have been extremely lenient with the person in question, he/she should see no problem in your wanting to get to the finish line concerning this transaction. There has to be a cutoff point and it ultimatly should be your decision as the seller to determine that point.

If you believe there is a problem with the book, you know its cheaper just to refund what the two of you decide as a fair middle ground... especially since out of country shipping costs are involved.

If you have to refund return shipping (since I'm assuming you made a possible mistake in a grade) then its going to just cost you more. If you cut the break to where you can break even and the buyer can sell it for what he's got in it ( and be happy with keeping it) ... then everyone starts at ground zero with no loss, except time, for either side.

Again, you have went above and beyond in taking a return after two months... hopefully your buyer will realize that.

hm

No worries, it's probably sitting in the back seat of his car . . . :grin:

I personally would want it back in less than 7 days after confirmation of receipt... and honestly no later than 2 weeks... which might be your time frame when dealing with international shipping.

If somebody ships standard Airmail from the UK to the States it can take 2 weeks (or longer) to get there.

I guess I should be clearer then cause this book is in Canada right now.

Takes a little over a week at best.

I had no idea where the book you sent was, I was just counterpointing Bio-Rupp's 2 week timeframe for International shipping, not really aiming at your transaction.

Plus how it long it takes to ship in this instance is pretty redundant as far as I can see.

I sent a nice PM concerning I would need the book back before Christmas, and got a PM back saying the book has been shipped. (thumbs u

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

I know we have a Misc section... but would anyone else like to see a section dedicated to just new & used DVD's and CD's? Maybe collectible VHS and Laserdiscs can be included too?

Not really comic related... but I personally love buying this type of media and have had nothing but great transactions dealing in this type of merch here.

Just a thought.

Rupp

I know we have a Misc section... but would anyone else like to see a section dedicated to just new & used DVD's and CD's? Maybe collectible VHS and Laserdiscs can be included too?

Not really comic related... but I personally love buying this type of media and have had nothing but great transactions dealing in this type of merch here.

Just a thought.

Rupp

Cool, could we add shoes...and maybe glassware? hm

Just a thought.

Rupp

I LOVE shoes !

My wife is looking for a Coach Purse. hm

I was going to add those, too (BTW, they are having a 30% off sale at the outlet stores if she's near one;)

Seriously though, I think we would be asking a bit much of our hosts if we added non comic things....like DVDs etc...although I have a few I could easily get rid of:)

My wife is looking for a Coach Purse. hm

I was going to add those, too (BTW, they are having a 30% off sale at the outlet stores if she's near one;)

Seriously though, I think we would be asking a bit much of our hosts if we added non comic things....like DVDs etc...although I have a few I could easily get rid of:)

Hmm I don't know... if I could get rid of the 9000 used CD's that I have from when the store was open, I could buy more comics !

Hmm I don't know... if I could get rid of the 9000 used CD's that I have from when the store was open, I could buy more comics !

Do you have a list? hm

Gawd no ! Who could list all that and not lose their mind? :ohnoez: I do know that I've got a bunch of copies of Vanilla Ice's "Too The Extreme", MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This" cd and at least 15 copies of "The Bodyguard" soundtrack.

I may attempt to make a list tho... That could be the first post in our new DVD/CD/Exotic Meats/Shoe & Pocketbook thread. :) ... well at least the first 15 pages or so....