• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So, you have a boarder who posts in the WTB threads.

You have a number of books he's looking for. (thumbs u

You send him a PM and he asks for details. :banana:

You send him front cover scans. (thumbs u

You send him back cover scans. (thumbs u

You describe what you see and give details on the interiors. (thumbs u

You agree pricing. :banana:

He asks about a few other books. :banana: :banana: :banana:

He asks for a couple of weeks to pay. :/

You agree. (thumbs u

He tells you he'll have the books. :banana: :banana: :banana:

You don't hear another thing from him. :(

You talk to other boarders and realise that he'd done it many, many times. :censored:

How would you address this? (shrug)

He asks about a few other books. :banana: :banana: :banana:

He asks for a couple of weeks to pay. :/

You agree. (thumbs u

He tells you he'll have the books. :banana: :banana: :banana:

This is the pertinent part. If it was done through a WTB thread then it's the same as doing a deal through PM from a sales thread. It's probation list worthy.

This is the pertinent part. If it was done through a WTB thread then it's the same as doing a deal through PM from a sales thread. It's probation list worthy.

Just wondering, how long is "don't hear another thing from him" in this situation?

I realize Nick doesn't jump the gun on bringing things like this up, but are we talking about weeks or months?

Just wondering, how long is "don't hear another thing from him" in this situation?

I realize Nick doesn't jump the gun on bringing things like this up, but are we talking about weeks or months?

Well, I was given a heads-up in advance of scans, etc, so thought I'd see how it went down without prompting. Didn't send reminders and waited to see if the individual would do what he'd done previously to others.

He did.

iIntersting...so if someone agrees on a price or book on a WTB...but there's never an actually transaction made...then it's Probation? :shrug:

Wouldn't it be probation on both parts since neither party completed the transaction?

Here's a solution WTB Threads No transaction = Nothing.. meaning no harm no foul.

Rules on WTB Threads should differ from an actual Sales Thread. Sales Threads are under strict guidelines/rules.

If you were to apply the same to a WTB thread, then those people who speak to each other are contractually obligated to finish the transaction.

However, if I were to offer severl books on a WTB thread, the buyer agrees, but doesn't follow through, I would always be willing to make an exception and just sell the books somewhere else, or to someone else.

Edited by LBJARM

iIntersting...so if someone agrees on a price or book on a WTB...but there's never an actually transaction made...then it's Probation? :shrug:

Wouldn't it be probation on both parts since neither party completed the transaction?

Here's a solution WTB Threads No transaction = Nothing.. meaning no harm no foul.

Rules on WTB Threads should differ from an actual Sales Thread. Sales Threads are under strict guidelines/rules.

If you were to apply the same to a WTB thread, then those people who speak to each other are contractually obligated to finish the transaction.

However, if I were to offer severl books on a WTB thread, the buyer agrees, but doesn't follow through, I would always be willing to make an exception and just sell the books somewhere else, or to someone else.

So if somebody wanted to buy a book/s and you offered them one, sent them scans when requested, offered a price and they agreed, they asked for time payments and you agreed, then finally they said 'I'll take it', you wouldn't consider that a sale?

If the guy then never bothered contacting you again, didn't even PM you to say 'I've changed my mind' or 'I can't afford it', you wouldn't bring it up? Especially when you know the same person has done exactly the same thing to other boardies? You think that you would be deserving of going on the probation list if that happened to you?

Forget probation. Just tell us who it is so we can avoid the same routine!

Agreed. Just out the time wasting little toad.

:headbang:

Edited by Park

I didn't really want to put it out like this... I wanted to speak to Nick on the phone and tell him I was sorry for being such a pain and stupid individual_without_enough_empathy before putting it out there. Nothing I say I feel justifies anything, I still think I should have done something else so I'm not here to play innocent, just explain myself and come forward...

It WASN'T from a WTB thread firstly... it was a PM conversation, I'm not sure where the WTB thread thing came from? Nick sent me his pdf of comics for sale as requested in PM by me, which was very kind of him :) and he said if I'm interested in anything that it would be no problem to scan them, as they needed to be scanned anyways for the website eventually... so I figured i'd cheekily request a few scans... I then wanted a few things, but I then realised and said, can we talk about it towards the end of the month some more (He did tell me the pricing and he did say I would take a few of them after deciding no to some)... but I did agree to them, but I wanted to talk about it when I was doing better with money, and I've just had problems and it went over my head since then... He left it for me to message him and to be honest, I just completely forgot... NO excuse, but... that's the truth to the story.

:(

I'm speaking with Nick and sorting it out now...

So if somebody wanted to buy a book/s and you offered them one, sent them scans when requested, offered a price and they agreed, they asked for time payments and you agreed, then finally they said 'I'll take it', you wouldn't consider that a sale?

If the guy then never bothered contacting you again, didn't even PM you to say 'I've changed my mind' or 'I can't afford it', you wouldn't bring it up? Especially when you know the same person has done exactly the same thing to other boardies? You think that you would be deserving of going on the probation list if that happened to you?

When I owned the retail store this happend almost daily. Someone would come in and ask for me to work with a price then ask me to hold the item till their payday, or when their Mom got home... or something or the other. They would forget as soon as they walked out the store I suppose.

It got to the point where I had to take a non-refundable deposit if someone wanted me to hold an item at a agreeed upon price. You can imagine how quickly no one wanted me to reserve items after I added that stipulation to the deal.

Is it probation worthy... thats up to the masses to decide... but I would hate to put someone on the list because of it.

I agree with the guys... out the person so all can see and when no one helps the person in the future, maybe he will see the error of his ways.

Edited by Bio-Rupp