• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I think the line CGC has already drawn is fine.

Great! So no need to change them (thumbs u

Asking sellers to provide a photo or scan of a graded book's label makes sense

to me. If all sellers were honest and respected the line in the sand this wouldn't

be needed.

I totally agree. But are all board members going to honor this rule to ensure there is a consistent standard? Are we going to require pictures for books encased by CGC, but not shipped yet so at least a scan can be purchased from CGC?

And what about those long-standing board members that post encased books for sale, promise to post pictures later, and don't get around to it? Is that practice now in question because the scans must be posted at the same time as a book is listed?

Otherwise, it comes across as if post count comes first - then longevity on the boards - if someone needs to follow this "required" rule. If this is a concern about new board members, then I suggest getting the heart of the real issue, in addition to the PGX concern.

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I'm not sure why you are so focused on post counts. That really has nothing to do with it. You've got LOTs of posts;) :baiting:

It's just asking that the PRESENT rule be modified. If you are going to show a book in a case, you need to show the label. If you want to pursue not posting books before you get them from CGC, it's a separate issue. That is not the issue here.

If you are upset about people who start threads and don't post books or pictures, at all, that's another issue.

Feel free to address those separately, but it's just not part of this one.

Personally I just don't buy from those threads.

Not selling PGX books on this board, ESPECIALLY after we have been asked not to, is a no brainer, just trying to clarify the rule for those who are from another dimension and to prevent further problems.

Again, if you disagree with the poll, feel free to rewrite it in a way that you think will work better.I won't be insulted. :foryou:

Otherwise...I agree, it might be inconvenient for some, but take it up with Trey Cannon, Phil, and the people who make the modification necessary.

Because you and I know how this is going to play out. We'll make this change to protect the community. But long-time board members will not have to follow this rule because they fall into the "trusted" category.

So either a rule applies to everyone, or to a select group of people. Let's not kid ourselves otherwise, Deary

:gossip:I owed you that "Deary" from the PM. :baiting:

:foryou:

So I have no problem taking a crack at this suggestion. But then everyone needs to follow the rules, or we need clarify this is for folks after a certain period of time/post count/sale count/etc.

Because you and I know how this is going to play out. We'll make this change to protect the community. But long-time board members will not have to follow this rule because they fall into the "trusted" category.

So either a rule applies to everyone, or to a select group of people. Let's not kid ourselves otherwise, Deary

:gossip:I owed you that "Deary" from the PM. :baiting:

So I have no problem taking a crack at this suggestion. But then everyone needs to follow the rules, or we need clarify this is for folks after a certain period of time/post count/sale count/etc.

I've never used "deary" in my life, lol..I said "dear" I think I will regret that for years;) :baiting:

This is what I said;)

Er...

Yes, dear, that was my point;)

I am not sure what you are concerned about Nick. Personally, I don't monitor the threads, I looked at Phil's because he sells the kind of old GA junk I happen to love buying.

Edited by skypinkblu

I am not sure what you are concerned about Nick. Personally, I don't monitor the threads, I looked at Phil's because he sells the kind of old GA junk I happen to love buying.

Because if you are going to make a rule about required scans/photos showing labels, let's ensure it is clear when this applies. I'm not sure why that is such a difficult concept for you.

Is it always - sometimes - whenever we choose a scenario? Just trying to make this so even when a new member reads it to comply, they clearly understand the intent.

Deary :baiting:

Because if you are going to make a rule about required scans/photos showing labels, let's ensure it is clear when this applies. I'm not sure why that is such a difficult concept for you.

Is it always - sometimes - whenever we choose a scenario? Just trying to make this so even when a new member reads it to comply, they clearly understand the intent.

You never call me Deary anymore. :sorry:

hm

I dunno, maybe I'm not too bright, I figured "imperative that you SHOW the label" meant always...

There is always going to be someone "pushing the envelope" some people like to be a wise guy PITA different;)

If you have an alternate suggestion for wording, as I keep saying, or trying to say;) present it.

It seems like you have OTHER issues you are adding. I just thought those should be taken up separately I don't really know what you are talking about because I rarely look at modern/mixed, etc...but if you think people are not showing scans or jumping the gun,

Just say that...and address that issue, separately. I'm only addressing the problem of PGX books,

You never call me Deary anymore. :sorry:

You never give me your money...

You only give me your funny papers...

And in the middle of negotiations... you break down

I never give you my number...

I only give you my situation...

And in the middle of investigation, I break down...

hm

I dunno, maybe I'm not too bright, I figured "imperative that you SHOW the label" meant always...

There is always going to be someone "pushing the envelope" some people like to be a wise guy PITA different;)

If you have an alternate suggestion for wording, as I keep saying, or trying to say;) present it.

It seems like you have OTHER issues you are adding. I just thought those should be taken up separately I don't really know what you are talking about because I rarely look at modern/mixed, etc...but if you think people are not showing scans or jumping the gun,

Just say that...and address that issue, separately. I'm only addressing the problem of PGX books,

Sharon, this has nothing to do with intelligence. So please, let's not go there.

I already said I'll take a crack at this, as you may be making a simple request a little too simple. That's why when I asked about books being pre-sold before arriving back from CGC how do we handle these situations, I'm not really getting a clear answer.

There is no separation here. Either photos are always required to close a sale on here, or they aren't. Let's try and ensure the requirement is clear taking into consideration the scenarios of book-in-hand or not.

No need to keep getting testy over simple but relevant questions.

The Beatles. :cloud9:

Then let's let it drop for now, and later tonight I'll draft something up with two scenarios in mind:

1. Pre-sale: Book is being processed at CGC; not delivered to owner yet.

2. Book-in-hand: The owner has this book in their possession, so scans/photos should not be a problem.

Any other relevant scenarios I am missing?

See - that simple. ;-)

Listening to Abbey Road right now.

Listening to Abbey Road right now.

Nice way to spend the Christmas. (worship)