• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Are auction format FS threads required to list a BIN price?

yep (thumbs u

Where is this rule listed at? thanks

Seems i've been told not to post about this in your thread, :eyeroll:

"6.It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for".

I should have read it as a layer :) thank man!

No problem. I hope I can be a layer when I grow up. :kidaround:

I have a grading question with regards to moisture staining.

There is a beautiful AF 15 at CGC 5.0 for sale with multiple moisture stains on the Back Cover. I don't know what it would grade without the staining but I'm guessing 6.5 to 7.0

My question is what do you think a silver age DC that appears VF/VF+ would grade if there was 1 quarter size moisture stain on the inside Front Cover? It does not do through or migrate to the pages.

Edited by faster friends

There is a beautiful AF 15 at CGC 5.0 for sale with multiple moisture stains on the Back Cover. I don't know what it would grade without the staining but I'm guessing 6.5 to 7.0

My question is what do you think a silver age DC that appears VF/VF+ would grade if there was 1 quarter size moisture stain on the inside Front Cover? It does not do through or migrate to the pages.

6.5 maybe 7.0 if it is otherwise gorgeous.

Looks like a little too much wear for VF. Maybe 7.0 not counting the stain.

ToU.jpg

What do they call a water droplet mark that does not leave a discoloration? Is that also a stain, even though, by definition, is not a stain?

Looks like a little too much wear for VF. Maybe 7.0 not counting the stain.

ToU.jpg

That looks like a 6.0-6.5 to me. There may not be much of a deduction for the water stain.

I don't wish to be harsh, as it is a nice book, but I wouldn't go above 6.0 on this and perhaps even a bit lower. Do you have a scan of the AF to compare grading? (shrug)

Hard to grade from a scan. My scanner magnifies every defect. Book looks much nicer in hand.

I don't have a scan of the AF 15 Back Cover as the seller removed it. But it had multiple moisture stains on the Back Cover. Front Cover was Beautiful.

Question: So selling legitimate licensed single use digital codes is forbidden, but selling unlicensed items we made at home is ok?

How does that make sense?

it shouldn't be. hm

Was there ever a rationale explained behind the rule? Im not even sure when that rule was added or if it's always been there and we're just now running into a scenario where there are actual Legit ways to sell digital copies.

hmmm come to think of it I've seen a few sales threads that included those DVDs of comics (the legit ones thru Marvel) and those sales didnt get pulled...

Question: So selling legitimate licensed single use digital codes is forbidden, but selling unlicensed items we made at home is ok?

it shouldn't be. hm

Was there ever a rationale explained behind the rule? Im not even sure when that rule was added or if it's always been there and we're just now running into a scenario where there are actual Legit ways to sell digital copies.

hmmm come to think of it I've seen a few sales threads that included those DVDs of comics (the legit ones thru Marvel) and those sales didnt get pulled...

The rationale was never explained, the mods simply added the rule last month that the digital codes could no longer so sold "solo".

The DVDs of comics wouldn't be pulled because they were licensed merchandise and they are just DVDs, not digital downloads.

it shouldn't be. hm

The rationale was never explained, the mods simply added the rule last month that the digital codes could no longer so sold "solo".

The DVDs of comics wouldn't be pulled because they were licensed merchandise and they are just DVDs, not digital downloads.

It wasn't digital codes that were stopped, it was digital copies. CBR/CBZ files were being downloaded for free and sold. That's piracy and CGC aren't going to be seen to support that. They won't differentiate between legitimate codes or illegal downloads every time some get put up for sale either. That was the rationale.

it shouldn't be. hm

It wasn't digital codes that were stopped, it was digital copies. CBR/CBZ files were being downloaded for free and sold. That's piracy and CGC aren't going to be seen to support that. They won't differentiate between legitimate codes or illegal downloads every time some get put up for sale either. That was the rationale.

They said that?

it shouldn't be. hm

They said that?

Not that I know of, but how often do you see mods getting involved in sales threads? They're not going to spend their time trying to figure out what's kosher and what's not are they?

When posting a WTT thread a rule is to post the dollar amount of which?

A. The value of the books YOUR trading.

B. The value of the book your TRYING to trade for.

Thanks.

I would guess the value of the book you are trading.