• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Would it be easier just to have the people who arent selling their Saga/ NoWhereMen/ PeterPanzerfaust books start threads, and we'll just assume everyone else has them for sale?

lol

You forgot Walking Dead, Hastings Variants and whatever Spider-Man variant.

I get flashbacks to NAM every time I hear the word "Hastings", and lately the sales forums have been a waking nightmare. :ohnoez:

full_metal-jacket.jpg

Seriously, who are all these new members?

I don't recognize half the people selling in the Modern Sales Section.

They've got ManhattanSagaPeterPoundSandRevivalVariantTotalBS FEVER!!!!! :ohnoez:

Seriously, who are all these new members?

I don't recognize half the people selling in the Modern Sales Section.

+1 - saves on the budget, however. I think I've only looked at 1 sales thread in Modern this past week...

I think there should be some sort of mechanism in place that only allows board members who have A) Been a board member for a pre-determined length of time and B) have a pre-determined post count in the forums before they are allowed to post in the "Forum Sales" sections.

When you chum the waters, the sharks come.

And then you Bleed. And the People will cease to believe in you.

Oh sorry, I thought we were quoting favorite "Mickey Rourke Bad Russian Accent" movie lines. :sorry:

I think there should be some sort of mechanism in place that only allows board members who have A) Been a board member for a pre-determined length of time and B) have a pre-determined post count in the forums before they are allowed to post in the "Forum Sales" sections.

Yeah, I've been a fan of that for a LONG time. When books get hot, people fall all over themselves to pick them up at what they perceive as a "deal".

Never mind it a sales thread by some guy who they don't know, who might not even have the books, and that their deal might actually be a royal screw-job.

it's definitely crazy in there, it picked up about three weeks ago, but the last 7 days have gone even crazier. I am thinking about selling older stuff for now, and moving the few moderns i have in there over to the bay.

I think once convention season starts kicking in, and the big dog sales threads (like yours) get going in there, it will start to kill off the "attack of the clones" going on right now.

Yeah, I've been a fan of that for a LONG time. When books get hot, people fall all over themselves to pick them up at what they perceive as a "deal".

Never mind it a sales thread by some guy who they don't know, who might not even have the books, and that their deal might actually be a royal screw-job.

I think if some of the older members here bought some of these books, overgrading would surely be an issue with some.

It would seem that some newer members are doing their own homework - as requested by CG - and buying comics on their own accord.

Isn't that what this board is about, learn and put your research into action.

Some seem to be doing very well indeed.

However,even being very new myself,I would still exercise caution if I did not know the seller.

There doesn't appear to be too many grievances on the threads though.

Con season will be back soon, so I would Imagine that most of these noobs will still turn to the established submitters and/or procurers of SS books and the angst here will subside.

....unless they have stuff that I want, then they can post sales with their first post....

:D

I remember JJ posted a sales thread that one of the rules was a buyer has to at least have 100 posts before placing an I'll Take it. People did not respond well to that rule.

it's definitely crazy in there, it picked up about three weeks ago, but the last 7 days have gone even crazier. I am thinking about selling older stuff for now, and moving the few moderns i have in there over to the bay.

I think once convention season starts kicking in, and the big dog sales threads (like yours) get going in there, it will start to kill off the "attack of the clones" going on right now.

I can not stand all of the "man, I wish I was not broke" posts.

I can not stand all of the "man, I wish I was not broke" posts.

I know.

Better to use "I wish my mom would allow me more of the basement for comics", or "I wish that UN banker that sent me the nice email would finally pay out that $10,000 fee he promised if I would send over $1,000 via Western Union to help broker a funds transfer of $1,000,000", and the ever-helpful "I wish I had a time machine and I could go back and grab stacks of these hot books" which leads to "I'd also go back and grab all that yummy original artwork too right at the point the artist finished, and I knocked him/her out with my 'go to sleep' ray gun I will have created".

:cloud9:

"I'd also go back and grab all that yummy original artwork too right at the point the artist finished, and I knocked him/her out with my 'go to sleep' ray gun I will have created".

:cloud9:

Well that just doesn't make any sense. You'd have to wait to get it from the printers or it wouldn't be published. :makepoint:

lol