• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

salesthread3_zpsd827e328.jpg

lol

:o Holy smokes-what did I miss? Selling in someone else's thread? doh!

This is only going to bolster the argument for minimum postings/additional criteria to sell on the boards. :P

Though posting in someone else's thread would circumvent a "start up" thread min posting requirement... hm Maybe he is a genius! lol

Pretty funny memes!!!

:banana: Chris

Edited by dudeman5000

So is it kosher for a seller to raise prices (unmarked) in their sales thread before a sale is made?

Just curious (not me or my sale, just watched it happen in a different listing)

Im a big proponent of a seller gets to ask what a seller wants, but changing the price after listing seems a little dodgy to me. (granted no one hit the BIN yet, so its a moot point cause it doesnt affect a transaction... but still seemed a bit uncouth)

So is it kosher for a seller to raise prices (unmarked) in their sales thread before a sale is made?

Im a big proponent of a seller gets to ask what a seller wants, but changing the price after listing seems a little dodgy to me. (granted no one hit the BIN yet, so its a moot point cause it doesnt affect a transaction... but still seemed a bit uncouth)

As insane as some modern series are, this surprises me not at all. "Oh, Snap, Comic X is going uuuuuuuuppppppp - better boost that ask!"

As insane as some modern series are, this surprises me not at all. "Oh, Snap, Comic X is going uuuuuuuuppppppp - better boost that ask!"

Also wonder if there is some behind the scenes PMing from others with the same book saying "dude if you sell it for that the market will drop to that level, so up your price"

Also wonder if there is some behind the scenes PMing from others with the same book saying "dude if you sell it for that the market will drop to that level, so up your price"

:idea:

:idea:

My goodness, that would be absolute bedlam!

Just saw this happen...

OP Luis posts a run of The Sixth Gun for sale, read the thread here.

after 5 pages of back and forth complete with discussion of fair value, recent ebay sales and such this gem gets posted:

I plan to put up a full unsigned run this week, and I'll be asking over $1K. We'll see how it does.

WOW. Taking selling in someone elses thread to a whole new level.

Summary:

OP: Im seeling Books A-Z for $1000

5 pages later...

2nd guy: Im seling Books A-Z for $1000 later this week

others are complaining about the OP pulling the books after a period of time, and arguing about what the books are "worth" on the market...

the OP hasnt put a stop to the crazy talk, but good lord its (as my daughter would say) a debacle.

Edited by Miraclemet

:o

$1150 check or money order. Once it clears, I ship immediately.

$1250 PayPal.

I get the 3% extra for paypal... but that would be 1150 vs $1185... am I wrong that Paypal takes 3%?

Is there some condition where they charge closer to to 10%?

$1250 PayPal.

I get the 3% extra for paypal... but that would be 1150 vs $1185... am I wrong that Paypal takes 3%?

Well it could be he's giving an extra big discount for cash buyers because he really hates Paypal or at least fears the 1099.

$1250 PayPal.

Some sellers seem to dislike what they see as the PayPal hassle, in addition to the PayPal fees. Maybe that's why this seller is slapping on a big PayPal penalty. It goes without saying, of course, that from the buyer's point of view, dropping PayPal protection requires some thought.

$1250 PayPal.

Some sellers seem to dislike what they see as the PayPal hassle, in addition to the PayPal fees. Maybe that's why this seller is slapping on a big PayPal penalty. It goes without saying, of course, that from the buyer's point of view, dropping PayPal protection requires some thought.

Is it a penalty out of fear that someone will pull a paypal scam and pull back the payment? Cause otherwise the # of days you wait for a check/mo to arrive/clear is no longer than the time waiting for a transfer from my paypal account to my bank account....

$1250 PayPal.

Is it a penalty out of fear that someone will pull a paypal scam and pull back the payment? Cause otherwise the # of days you wait for a check/mo to arrive/clear is no longer than the time waiting for a transfer from my paypal account to my bank account....

I haven't sold anything in about 10 years, so I'm just going by what sellers say. Protecting against a PayPal charge back may well be part of what's going on.