• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

It's a tad disturbing to see the amount of overgraded / overpriced books being offered for sale here on the boards, wtf (shrug)

If you see something you think is overpriced, make me an offer :baiting:

Glad to see you pay attention! lol

:whistle:

A discussion came up about recent warnings and strikes given out for threadcrapping so perhaps a generic template (similar to the rules posts), can be discussed & implemented into the rules by Arch so we have an acceptable form of threadcrapping when a seller is currently on the Probation/Hall of Shame lists.

Any thoughts on this draft?

This is written to forbid any public business by the PL/HOS nominee, there is disagreement in the forum and some treat the PL/HOS as only a community warning - options are outlined - SEE POLL (closes April 29th)

Hello Forum Seller (by moderator request)

Welcome back to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone here to actively help educate and inform both new comers and long time members - this forum maintains a Probation List and Hall of Shame and your name is on it!! The discussions surrounding your addition to this list can be found here:

(link to nomination POST - not page - do this by finding a response then clicking the "respond to" name to open new window/tab for URL to copy)

As a courtesy to fellow board members this has been posted in your sales thread to warn potential buyers that you have failed to complete one or more transactions on these forums with other members, you were added to the (PL/HOS) on (date)

You can also find a list of rules, that you are expected to follow when selling here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

They are well worth reading, as a courtesy they are shared here and you are urged to reconcile outstanding matters to restore your good standing in the community.

You may still attract buyers with your thread, who will choose to do business with you privately but your current standing in the community precludes you from buying or selling publicly in the marketplace. Nothing in this notification forbids those who wish to do business with you privately from doing so. Good luck to those buyers who choose to risk wasting their time and/or money with you.

Thanks !

omg I can't view the results until the polling time is over?

I could be dead by then.

:(

1) Can't do nothing about PMs.

2) Can't really stop them from posting sales threads or :takeit: since only the Mods could and they won't.

All we can do is warn others.

Since thread crapping is not allowed now I guess general discussion (this thread) is the only place to do it.

:boo:

omg I can't view the results until the polling time is over?

I could be dead by then.

:(

1) Can't do nothing about PMs.

2) Can't really stop them from posting sales threads or :takeit: since only the Mods could and they won't.

All we can do is warn others.

Since thread crapping is not allowed now I guess general discussion (this thread) is the only place to do it.

That pretty much sums it up. No way can this be enforced.

lol I'm trying to figure out what I meant now :blush:

I was trying to add some options related to how the last paragraph was worded & then I veered off into "what moderator action do we want?" - ie template, lock, delete etc.."

I F'd it up... :acclaim:

I might delete the poll aspect & create some last paragraph options that will be clearer or maybe it's just a better template without the last paragraph.

(shrug)

Edited by bababooey

Here's a cleaner stab at the Proposed template.

A discussion came up about recent warnings and strikes given out for threadcrapping so perhaps a generic template (similar to the rules posts), can be discussed & implemented into the rules by Arch so we have an acceptable form of threadcrapping when a seller is currently on the Probation/Hall of Shame lists.

Any thoughts on this draft?

Hello Forum Seller (by moderator request)

Welcome back to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone here to actively help educate and inform both new comers and long time members - this forum maintains a Probation List and Hall of Shame and your name is on it!! The discussions surrounding your addition to this list can be found here:

(link to nomination POST - not page - do this by finding a response then clicking the "respond to" name to open new window/tab for URL to copy)

As a courtesy to fellow board members this has been posted in your sales thread to warn potential buyers that you have failed to complete one or more transactions on these forums with other members, you were added to the (PL/HOS) on (date)

You can also find a list of rules, that you are expected to follow when selling here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

They are well worth reading, as a courtesy they are shared here and you are urged to reconcile outstanding matters to restore your good standing in the community.

Nothing in this notification forbids those who wish to do business with you and good luck to those buyers who choose to risk wasting their time and/or money with you.

Thanks !

Has anyone heard from DerbyDude ?

He snagged a few of my DVDs about 2 months back and never heard from him since.

I went ahead and sold some of what he bought, so no big deal on $1 merch... just wondering if the guys ok.

Seemed like a nice fellow :(

Has anyone heard from DerbyDude ?

He snagged a few of my DVDs about 2 months back and never heard from him since.

I went ahead and sold some of what he bought, so no big deal on $1 merch... just wondering if the guys ok.

Seemed like a nice fellow :(

What DVDs?

:o

$1150 check or money order. Once it clears, I ship immediately.

$1250 PayPal.

:o

I get the 3% extra for paypal... but that would be 1150 vs $1185... am I wrong that Paypal takes 3%?

Is there some condition where they charge closer to to 10%?

Some sellers seem to dislike what they see as the PayPal hassle, in addition to the PayPal fees. Maybe that's why this seller is slapping on a big PayPal penalty. It goes without saying, of course, that from the buyer's point of view, dropping PayPal protection requires some thought.

I was gonna make a decent offer on two fairly big books yesterday but noticed the seller was asking an additional 3% for paypal. I had to pass and the books remain unsold.

Would there be any interest in a 50-cents-an-issue sale here? And if so, are we allowed to set a minimum purchase?

:shrug:

:popcorn:

Even via PM. :o

You don't want my drek.

No one probably wants my drek... :(

-slym