• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Are the sales of rock magazines allowed in the mixed thread. (circus, creem, rock scene, etc?) They aren't comic related so I'm not sure. Same thing for MAD magazine?

:news:

Scooby Doo was just banned today sir :sorry:

So I take it as a no go on the above zines?

Are the sales of rock magazines allowed in the mixed thread. (circus, creem, rock scene, etc?) They aren't comic related so I'm not sure. Same thing for MAD magazine?

:news:

Scooby Doo was just banned today sir :sorry:

So I take it as a no go on the above zines?

Never hurts to try sir. :foryou:

I've been looking for a few of those btw 1982 - 1986 myself.

What happened to Scooby?

Looks like a mod and some folks looking to mess with Rupp's thread are going to town, deleting posts that just do not make sense.

Scooby Doo #1 is offensive?

What happened to Scooby?

Looks like a mod and some folks looking to mess with Rupp's thread are going to town, deleting posts that just do not make sense.

Scooby Doo #1 is offensive?

Just noticed the Scooby's are back. But some of my other post's photo link's to photobucket have been disabled. Man they sure have made a mess.

But that's ok... cause Scooby is back in good graces :applause:

Anyone else feeling extra reticent about buying CGC comics with tape notations since they changed their policy?

Yep

You mean older slabs from before the change due to possible grade inflation?

Anyone else feeling extra reticent about buying CGC comics with tape notations since they changed their policy?

Yep

"possible" he says!

:roflmao:

Yep

"possible" he says!

:roflmao:

Not every piece of tape on a comic was holding the cover on.

But it's hard to tell once encapsulated since you can't open the book up to examine it.

Although, I have bought a few CGC books, I have always been a little reticent. The new policy just reinforces my reticence! :preach:

yeah, I saw one listing (cant seem to find it now..) with lots of tape noted on the label, and I wanted to ask, and thought sellers should note what purpose the tape served.

Sellers would benefit if they could state details about the tape (like when its not being used for reattaching covers), but not all book owners know whats going on inside their slab if they didnt sub it.

yeah, I saw one listing (cant seem to find it now..) with lots of tape noted on the label, and I wanted to ask, and thought sellers should note what purpose the tape served.

Sellers would benefit if they could state details about the tape (like when its not being used for reattaching covers), but not all book owners know whats going on inside their slab if they didnt sub it.

This tape thing is bothersome, I recently snagged a early Bat book that was deslabed with the label noting a 3.0 grade restored with tape.

Was thinking of having it reslabbed... but really don't want to now that the grade has been lowered by a recent paragraph from CGC.

And yes I know that the grade is lowered anyway... I just don't want to pay to have someone tell me what I already know :sorry:

yeah it would have been helpful in the past if CGC had specified if the tape was being used to attach the cover/pages or if it was just being used to reinforce or tear seal....

maybe its at least in the grader notes?

So now citing last CLINK sales instead of GPA averages is a thing?

(seller is citing GPA in other listings)...

Come on people. If you are going to cite data, pick a method and stick with it across the board, not just when its handy.

(the CLINK sale was for $150 more than the 90 day GPA average)