• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

Ahhhh...that makes sense...an 80 page display limit. So, question now is...why don't the mods delete sales threads after they have been inactive for, say, 6 months?

too busy deleting/moderating ACTIVE sales threads ;)

no really it would take a small amount of active management to do that, and they run the boards with as little overhead as possible (I'd imagine).

You can set the search parameters to much further back too...

Yeah, that's right.... :idea:

OK...now that I'm getting coffee into my system, I suppose I can see that the costs of deleting the "old" sales threads outweigh the benefits - suppose we'll just have to deal with the occasional resurrection...

He also started an "Is this AF15 restored?? thread sharing pics from the Superkop10 - AF 15 ebay auction that has been a topic of discussion in CG Amazing Fraud 15 thread - not saying that he's involved in any shenanigans there with the AF 15 situation.....buuuuuttt he's now got a WTB thread for an ASM 1 one day after listing this other guy's copy for sale here on the boards.

hm

Hamster-wheel-fail.gif

He also started an "Is this AF15 restored?? thread sharing pics from the Superkop10 - AF 15 ebay auction that has been a topic of discussion in CG Amazing Fraud 15 thread - not saying that he's involved in any shenanigans there with the AF 15 situation.....buuuuuttt he's now got a WTB thread for an ASM 1 one day after listing this other guy's copy for sale here on the boards.

hm

Hamster-wheel-fail.gif

lol that's got some shady stank comin' off it, sho' nuff!!

I have a question. Ryan told me to ask here. What do I do if a buyer sends me a msg 3 days later stating a 1 1/2 week wait till payment. When I put on my auctions 48 hours in the rules up top..He didn't ask me before the sale either..just sent me a msg today..I am not asking about the probation list..just what are my options

Edited by KyleG40

I have a question. Ryan told me to ask here. What do I do if a buyer sends me a msg 3 days later stating a 1 1/2 week wait till payment. When I put on my auctions 48 hours in the rules up top..He didn't ask me before the sale either..just sent me a msg today..I am not asking about the probation list..just what are my options

Either give him the week and a half or don't, and try to sell it again? :shrug:

1. 1st try to hold him to the rule of your thread. Maybe hes "asking" for the time, but doesnt need it? Be polite (as I know you are!) and just tell him theres a reason you have the 48 hr payment rule.

The problem here is if he goes on the PL, how does he make it right? He pays you (right?) which is all you are trying to get anyway. So he intends to pay, and its within the window of the default marketplace timeline (30 days to complete a transaction that's agreed to) there's not much gained by the PL. (its a definite shortfall of the PL in terms of holding people to quick pay conditions)

Your biggest move here is that since he's already violated the conditions of the sale you can nullify his "I'll take it" and relist the book if you want. He cant argue that you didn't fulfill the sale, because he didnt meet his end of the agreement.

ok and Im only pointing this out cause it might be unclear...

Is your issue that he needs the 1 and a 1/2 weeks to pay, or is it that he took 3 days to message you?

cause your thread rules dont say 48 hrs to pay, its says

"7. Please contact me within 48 hours to arrange payments"

Which sounds like, payment can take any amount of time (lets assume it conforms to board standards of a max of 30 days for transaction), but the key element to you is that buyers need to contact you within 48 hrs to make payment arrangement.

And is that 48 hours after the sales thread closes, or 48 hrs after they make the first thread purchase?

Im just saying if your intent is to get payment in 48 hrs, thats not what your rule states

[and IM SOOOOO no ragging on you, just pointing out what might be confusing]

Its ok..he didn't contact me within 48 hours of his purchase either..no the problem is the Aug 1st pay date..I always ask first about making arrangements if its going to be longer than 24 hours..I know a lot don't...I guess its a courtesy thing. Its not about putting him on a list etc. I just kind of wondered my options. I don't want to look like a jerk to anyone..I changed the rules, now there shouldn't be any question.

Edited by KyleG40

Its ok..he didn't contact me within 48 hours of his purchase either..no the problem is the Aug 1st pay date..I always ask first about making arrangements if its going to be longer than 24 hours..I know a lot don't...I guess its a courtesy thing. Its not about putting him on a list etc. I just kind of wondered my options. I don't want to look like a jerk to anyone..

Reread the earlier post about your rules lacking clarity.

If you say contact me in 48 hours to arrange payment, you're NOT saying anything about payment being due "in your rules" within a certain time frame - therefore the payment timeline according to your rules are the standard PL 30 days - you are blindsiding buyers a bit with a short time frame.

To be clear you should state when you want payment IN YOUR RULES if you want payment in 3 days.

example:

"All payments due within 3 days of purchase, contact me within 48 hours of the sale to confirm arrangements"