• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

In defense of slyms grading, I bought a lot of the boys a loooong time ago amd all were as described. Also recently I bought a book he graded 9.6 and i have high hopes cgc willl gradde it 9.8.

In defense of slyms grading, I bought a lot of the boys a loooong time ago amd all were as described. Also recently I bought a book he graded 9.6 and i have high hopes cgc willl gradde it 9.8.

I bought a number of raws he listed as NM. They were all 9.4 or better, with most being better.

(shrug)

Two Key issues are on the sale.

No HOS and Probies are allowed.

Shipping cost is negotiable. International shipping is non-negotiable.

Pictures will be uploaded upon your request (only if you are V-E-R-Y serious to purchase one of those books. Also, I don't want to waste my time to upload the pictures if it is for looking only).

lol Thanks buddy ... welcome to our friendly little community.

I accept the check, MO or PayPal only (I will reject and will issue the refund back to you if I get 3% transaction fee. I prefer the non-fee payment from PayPal balance only).

hm Let's see ... demanding feeless Paypal is against house rules ... the threat of payment rejection is doucherailery ... and the preference for the non-fee option is cute.

If you are interested in one of those books, PM is welcomed.

Swamp Thing #1 CGC 9.6 White Pages for $600.

House of Secrets #92 CGC 9.2 White Pages (old label - it has a potential 9.4) for $1500

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6833792

POOF!!! lol

Almost 100 new views to my thread in the Mixed section asking a few questions, and only three people bothered to respond, via PM.

Thank you, you three! (You know who you are.)

:foryou:

-slym (sincerely, not sarcastically)

I read your thread and thought about commenting, but since I wasn't in the market for X-books it felt a bit hypocritical.

You asked about your grading and pricing: I bought a couple of books from you awhile back. I was very pleased with your grading, and I was comfortable with the price ( though if you look at my sales thread, it's clear I tend to over-pay for stuff :sick: )

Like others have said, I think it's just an unfortunate combo of buyers demanding ultra-high grade and/or expecting bargin-box prices.

Thanks for the kind words!

Your point seems to hold water, as you have echoed what the people who PM'd me said, pretty much.

There is truth to the fact that "you learn something new every day."

:)

-slym

Pictures will be uploaded upon your request (only if you are V-E-R-Y serious to purchase one of those books. Also, I don't want to waste my time to upload the pictures if it is for looking only).

I accept the check, MO or PayPal only (I will reject and will issue the refund back to you if I get 3% transaction fee. I prefer the non-fee payment from PayPal balance only).

hm Let's see ... demanding feeless Paypal is against house rules ... the threat of payment rejection is doucherailery ... and the preference for the non-fee option is cute.

House of Secrets #92 CGC 9.2 White Pages (old label - it has a potential 9.4) for $1500

POOF!!! lol

Wonderful. If a seller is too lazy to post pics or read the sales forum rules good riddance

POOF!!! lol

It's back with pics and a subtle PP + 3%.

POOF!!! lol

PP plus up to 20% actually. lol

Curious, #6 - any plans for that Hulk 49?

:grin:

-slym

No real plans to slab or SS or anything.

I've been trying to put together a high-grade run of Hulks between the mid-70's to mid-80's, but I will buy an earlier or later book if it has a really cool cover like the 49.

Actually bought this book when it came out but had to sell it along with a big chunk of my collection when I got divorced a few years ago. Nice to have a high-grade copy back. Thanks!

POOF!!! lol

Right you are. My handy, dandy calculator indicates that every one of them has a well above 3% PP markup. May as well just say you won't accept PP. But .... he did sell a book.

POOF!!! lol

Right you are. My handy, dandy calculator indicates that every one of them has a well above 3% PP markup. May as well just say you won't accept PP. But .... he did sell a book.

Nothing gets between sufunk and his pedo Avengers!! :sumo:

Sorry to derail the thread, but thought I'd ask you folks: what do you do when you've got a zero feedback Ebay buyer that doesn't pay?

Do you just relist and hit the character with bad feedback?

Are there any repercussions for the seller?

You cannot leave negative feedback for an eBay Buyer, you should file a Non Paying Bidder complaint so that he/she gets a strike and hopefully banned...and you get your fees back. That way if he/she does not pay, you can't get negged, either.

Best of luck :foryou:

Sorry to derail the thread, but thought I'd ask you folks: what do you do when you've got a zero feedback Ebay buyer that doesn't pay?

Do you just relist and hit the character with bad feedback?

Are there any repercussions for the seller?

leaving negative positive feedback affects your ebay rules compliance rating, which effects your discount. So, leave positive feedback.

You cannot leave negative feedback for an eBay Buyer, you should file a Non Paying Bidder complaint so that he/she gets a strike and hopefully banned...and you get your fees back. That way if he/she does not pay, you can't get negged, either.

ebay doesn't ban buyers but it does limited how many items you can bid on.

ebay doesn't ban buyers but it does limited how many items you can bid on.

They NARU (not a registered User) people all the time, which equals a ban. Some not quick enough.