• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I've just been reading about a PM sale go bad, and the question put forth is why anyone should begrudge a dealer for turning a profit. In my opinion, making a local find entitles you to set your asking price, you did the work. However, buying a book from one boardie to jack up the price and flip to another boardie seems like bad form. The pool is small enough as it is.

More than that, though, after listening to bickering back and forth, I just find I want to deal with fewer and fewer people on the boards. Anyone else get that freeling?

I was just saying that to someone earlier today. You may be in the right, but if you start name-calling and airing all your dirty laundry, you're just gonna turn people off.

I've just been reading about a PM sale go bad, and the question put forth is why anyone should begrudge a dealer for turning a profit. In my opinion, making a local find entitles you to set your asking price, you did the work. However, buying a book from one boardie to jack up the price and flip to another boardie seems like bad form. The pool is small enough as it is.

More than that, though, after listening to bickering back and forth, I just find I want to deal with fewer and fewer people on the boards. Anyone else get that freeling?

I was just saying that to someone earlier today. You may be in the right, but if you start name-calling and airing all your dirty laundry, you're just gonna turn people off.

I quietly buy and read threads here. Don't post a ton, but I am in tune with what is going on. Way too much drama and :slapfight: . I do limit my buying to a certain smaller pool of sellers, Reputation is everything and if you seem even a bit sketchy, you aren't getting my $$.

I quietly buy and read threads here. Don't post a ton, but I am in tune with what is going on. Way too much drama and :slapfight: . I do limit my buying to a certain smaller pool of sellers, Reputation is everything and if you seem even a bit sketchy, you aren't getting my $$.

I WANT IN!!! Smiley-Begging.gif

Ain't it the truth.

I WANT IN!!! Smiley-Begging.gif

lol you're on the list

Have to agree. More and more I just want to buy from people who's reputation I consider untouchable and more and more I just click past or out of the threads full of garbage.

Have to agree. More and more I just want to buy from people who's reputation I consider untouchable and more and more I just click past or out of the threads full of garbage.

Dave, do you mean a sales thread where a fight is going on, or a sales thread where you don't care for the books?

I feel exactly the same way,and only buy from a small group of people here.The ones I trust,you know who you are. (thumbs u

Board sales for the most part are the hardest sales. This forum is also not designed to conduct sales. I list a sales thread occasionally when I'm bored. I would be the 1st to sign the petition to end board sales all together.

Board sales for the most part are the hardest sales. This forum is also not designed to conduct sales. I list a sales thread occasionally when I'm bored. I would be the 1st to sign the petition to end board sales all together.

Why let a few bad apples end all board sales?

There are a LOT of other threads more detrimental to your health than the sales thread section (shrug)

I buy a lot of books here so I'd miss the sales area.

I've been thinking about conducting a sale where :takeit: doesn't count and you can only buy via pm- kinda like the VCC. Might cut down on confusion.

There are a LOT of other threads more detrimental to your health than the sales thread section (shrug)

+1 I would hate to see sales end here. I've bought a ton of great books here.

Nobody has agreed with me yet so nothing new. The discussions would be quite different with no sales area. All the books bought and sold here would find another site to change hands. It's not a few bad apples. Board transactions are more difficult than eBay or 3rd party sales.

Nobody has agreed with me yet so nothing new. The discussions would be quite different with no sales area. All the books bought and sold here would find another site to change hands. It's not a few bad apples. Board transactions are more difficult than eBay or 3rd party sales.

No they aren't.

Well, sure...if there were no sales, there would be no SALES DISCUSSION THREAD...which is the one you are currently reading, lol

Try reading the Kudos thread, you might find your glass 1/2 full instead of half empty;)

I enjoy the sales forum, I'd hate to see it go. This way I can see how many bargains I missed while I was at the movies;)

I enjoy the sales forum, I'd hate to see it go. This way I can see how many bargains I missed while I was at the movies with the family at dinner out shopping doing chores around the house ;) at work

So many of these to remember. :(

No they aren't.

Then we have different definitions of difficult. They are way more time consuming.

Well, sure...if there were no sales, there would be no SALES DISCUSSION THREAD...which is the one you are currently reading, lol

Try reading the Kudos thread, you might find your glass 1/2 full instead of half empty;)

I enjoy the sales forum, I'd hate to see it go. This way I can see how many bargains I missed while I was at the movies;)

The kudos threads? What a joke. Given the size of the probation list I'd be interested in an honest feedback thread.