• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

You guys should be taking screen shots & posting them....some of us are watching football.... :baiting:

:whatev:

I am watching football as well but this game sucks. I hope my 49ers win today. :)

What are the board repercussions (if any) for this activity? It looks like it has been well documented in this thread what happened with the shills and then the retractions immediately after being called out about it. Since I was affected along with a couple of other boardies, would that apply?

Seeing as how the shilling was proven, and it did affect a boardmember, CAHokie, we may have to put it to a vote. Due to the fact that the shill's bids were retracted, I'd say he should go on the P.L., because of the fact that if it hadn't been caught, CAHokie would have been "ripped off".

I guess this is yet another new "scheme" that we've run across, and we will have to find out how we should deal with somebody who pushes their auctions on the boards, but is more than willing to shill up every one of his auctions. :(

Not sure it qualifies for PL per the rules, but perhaps HoS?

Would that apply to all board members who have been known to shill bid in the past?

I'm not sure how to answer that. I was only suggesting that it doesn't seem to fit the PL guidelines since there was no transaction involved and no way for the seller to "make things right" to remove himself.

That leaves the HoS as a possibility.

In any case, I'm a newb and will shut up and leave this to my seniors :)

how does the group feel about a Devils Advocate? I see some holes in the theory but I also don't want to be thrown in the same company just because I'm going against the tide here.

Not sure it qualifies for PL per the rules, but perhaps HoS?

Would that apply to all board members who have been known to shill bid in the past?

Your modern Marvel Reader thread will stay on page one between your updates. :)

Reading all those modern comics is making my head hurt.

well I've sent him a message to check this out. The concerns your raise are a pretty big deal as we've seen a similar board member get place on the HOS because of it.

I hope it isn't true as that would be a very dumb reason for it.

Why does this surprise you?

The 2nd of the 3 possible shills have now cancelled their bidding on the stereo speakers. I feel like every time I post an inconsistency, it somehow disappears. :facepalm:

Great Hustruck is supposed to pay me for 5 books he picked out in my last sales thread on the 24th of this month, I need the money so I hope this pans out

How's he supposed to get the money for them now that he's had to kill all of his shills? :shrug:

Edited by erazer

Plus he has to pay for college. Of course, one could argue if you are selling books on ebay to pay for college you most likely should not be buying books here. I just hope Jking doesn't get hosed.

Great Hustruck is supposed to pay me for 5 books he picked out in my last sales thread on the 24th of this month, I need the money so I hope this pans out

How's he supposed to get the money for them now that he's had to kill all of his shills? :shrug:

I have no idea, Its not that much I know when he first came on the scene on here he was buying left and right. I hope the sellers of some of the bigger $$ books got their money. I was looking forward the extra cash, well we have a open PM so we shall see what happens

Edited by Jking3437

how does the group feel about a Devils Advocate? I see some holes in the theory but I also don't want to be thrown in the same company just because I'm going against the tide here.

Go for it if you want, it'll at least keep things entertaining, but experience shows that not much comes from siding with those facing the pitchforks. Ask Hado how much he enjoyed defending solarcadet 1 when sc1 wasn't even defending himself.

The 2nd of the 3 possible shills have now cancelled their bidding on the stereo speakers. I feel like every time I post an inconsistency, it somehow disappears. :facepalm:

You could always bury him with info received. :whistle:

(thumbs u

I most likely will at some point today. Waiting to see how it plays out.

Go for it if you want, it'll at least keep things entertaining, but experience shows that not much comes from siding with those facing the pitchforks. Ask Hado how much he enjoyed defending solarcadet 1 when sc1 was actively inciting the group .

Fixed that for ya!

:D

You could always bury him with info received. :whistle:

(thumbs u

I most likely will at some point today. Waiting to see how it plays out.

me too, It's funny I never read this thread, 1st time popping in here look what happens, seeing some info that applies to me. Interesting to say the least. well I am going to have to remember what page this was one. Going to see the Wolf of wall street . 3 hour movie, i'm guessing I might have 30-100 post to read tonight lol . catch ya later

His excuse will be all B.S. Are we supposed to believe that there were 2 different (0) feedback buyers who won all those auctions over the last few weeks, but didn't pay? And then when this round of auctions started, they bid again, and he didn't realize they were the same deadbeat "buyers"? meh

We're supposed to believe that somebody just randomly picked his auctions to bid up, and then just for giggles, did it again for a few weeks? And he didn't do anything about the deadbeat buyer? B.S.

He got caught, sliced, and diced, pure and simple.