• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Is this thread many posts lighter since last night or is it just me?

I thought the same thing.

most of my responses to spacecadet are gone with regards to his mod discussions of his sales thread and my sweet Admiral Ackbar gif.

most of my responses to spacecadet are gone with regards to his mod discussions of his sales thread and my sweet Admiral Ackbar gif.

It does appear, however, that at least as of this moment, all of the HOS comments in SC's "sales" thread are still there. hm

The suspicious Marvel Spotlight #5 thread has already imploded, with the seller scammer taking down the image and "closing" the "sales" thread. It took less than 30 minutes from his 1st post in CG and barely 6 minutes of his sales listing for people to sniff out the questionable activity. Nice job! :applause:

It does appear, however, that at least as of this moment, all of the HOS comments in SC's "sales" thread are still there. hm

SC1 has also been there recently - it isn't marked as edited, but his rule #4 wasn't in boldface before.

:lol:

-slym

SC1 has also been there recently - it isn't marked as edited, but his rule #4 wasn't in boldface before.

:lol:

-slym

No, it was not.

:facepalm:

It gets tiring seeing the same suggestions year after year after year. People used to say that when I started here, and they were right.

Is that just jaded-vet syndrome speaking?

So they're bad suggestions year after year, or maybe there's some merit to them, hence they keep coming up again and again?

Sounds like the same complaints are cycling through, so...

(shrug)

And this is the same response, year after year...

Oy, it's like Groundhog Day meets No Exit!! :ohnoez:

As I read this, I imagine Speedy to be Sgt. Barnes from Platoon, face covered with scars, stumbling drunk into the barracks after overhearing the grunts talking about changing things.

"You boys talkin' bout rules? What do you know about rules?!"

More like Gomer Pyle.

It gets tiring seeing the same suggestions year after year after year. People used to say that when I started here, and they were right.

Is that just jaded-vet syndrome speaking?

So they're bad suggestions year after year, or maybe there's some merit to them, hence they keep coming up again and again?

Sounds like the same complaints are cycling through, so...

(shrug)

And this is the same response, year after year...

Oy, it's like Groundhog Day meets No Exit!! :ohnoez:

As I read this, I imagine Speedy to be Sgt. Barnes from Platoon, face covered with scars, stumbling drunk into the barracks after overhearing the grunts talking about changing things.

"You boys talkin' bout rules? What do you know about rules?!"

More like Gomer Pyle.

I've heard Speedy DOES have a lovely singing voice. hm

I'm sure it's been asked and answered dozens of times before, but why don't HOS members get insta-banned? Seems like most of the Hall members got there for (basically) stealing $ from other boardies. Wouldn't it benefit the boards to completely wipe our collective hands of people like that?

Hey, this handsome boardie asked a pretty good question. Can anybody answer this strapping gentleman's query?

I'm sure it's been asked and answered dozens of times before, but why don't HOS members get insta-banned? Seems like most of the Hall members got there for (basically) stealing $ from other boardies. Wouldn't it benefit the boards to completely wipe our collective hands of people like that?

Hey, this handsome boardie asked a pretty good question. Can anybody answer this strapping gentleman's query?

My understanding is that the CGC Admins want nothing to do with the policing of the sales forum and that it was only created with the understanding the members would have to police it themselves.

My understanding is that the CGC Admins want nothing to do with the policing of the sales forum and that it was only created with the understanding the members would have to police it themselves.

Exactamundo.

Exactamundo.

the-fonz-meme-generator-exactamundo-ayyy-46feb2_zps49aa6da4.jpg

Exactamundo.

Just for my clarification, the HOS is for the worst of the worst, right? The repeat offenders? The ne'er do wells? The irredeemable? If yes, once voted on the list, it shouldn't be a marketplace issue. Why treat them differently than a boardie that gets banned for repeat threadkraps, trolling, etc?

And if it's true that the mods frown upon someone reminding potential buyers that the sales thread was started by a HOS/PL seller, that's not really letting us police the marketplace.

Exactamundo.

As long as that "policing" does not include any policing within the very sales threads that the community is supposed to police. If that happens, then the admins will police those doing the policing.

???