• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

In the end, I try to look at everything from each perspective as I know
I assume if these books don't sell, that's a win for the boards and if they do, it's a loss

No. The win would be someone not acting crazy, and from one side of their face stating they work around the HOS - the other side asking to be taken off the HOS.

But if you need to put an "evil board plan" twist on it to feel good, go for it.

c'mon, I did not mean it like that. but if it came across that way I apologize. I meant more that if he sold the book, it would devalue the HOS list as what it represents and that would be a loss for how things would be done moving forward. sorry tired and should have formulated my entire thought so i would avoid being misunderstood.

:foryou:

Yes, it would be a sad state if someone came along and purchased the books despite the HOS warnings.

:thumbsup:

In most situations I try and look at all perspectives to understand the motivation. And if Joe's theory is correct and that was his intent, than more than anything I feel sad that he's that type of individual. He's that pathetic that anger is too much energy to waste on such a sad miserable person. It would appear that he has much bigger issues than what he thinks the board has made him out to be.

And if you notice, he's been on-line on the boards for most of the day today. He's just hanging around, hoping to see the mods give strikes to everyone who posted in his thread.

But something tells me, he'll be the one that meets Arch's "Strike-hammer". Best case scenario would be that he meets Arch's "Ban-hammer". :D

And it's been said that I'm on a "lunatic fringe" ... :facepalm:

Listen fellas... why put yourselves in the line of fire?

There are enough of you all watching probation list and HOS members... why not just show some patience and let a buyer throw a :takeit:, ...then just PM the buyer.

The buyer will not be held accountable for his purchase to a PL/HOS member if he backs out of the sale. Hopefully he/she will be contacted before they send funds.

That way, none of you run the risk of being deported to Brockland :baiting:

Work smarter, not harder fellas

xxx ooo

Rupp

There are enough of you all watching probation list and HOS members... why not just show some patience and let a buyer throw a :takeit:, ...then just PM the buyer.

The buyer will not be held accountable for his purchase to a PL/HOS member if he backs out of the sale. Hopefully he/she will be contacted before they send funds.

xxx ooo

Rupp

But is the phrase in bold above completely true? Wasn't the rule, if you willingly throw up the :takeit: in a probation or H.O.S. member's thread, you did so at your own risk, therefore, the option of "backing out" of the deal was not available? Especially in this case, where it's been pointed out at least 4 times. If someone throws up the :takeit: in that thread, after the repeated warnings, they're on their own. And if they back out of the deal after knowingly dealing with a H.O.S.'er, shouldn't they themselves go on the P.L. for not completing the transaction.

This is one of those cases where new precedents are being set, because we've never had to really deal with it before. :insane:

xxx ooo

Rupp

But is the phrase in bold above completely true? Wasn't the rule, if you willingly throw up the :takeit: in a probation or H.O.S. member's thread, you did so at your own risk, therefore, the option of "backing out" of the deal was not available? Especially in this case, where it's been pointed out at least 4 times. If someone throws up the :takeit: in that thread, after the repeated warnings, they're on their own. And if they back out of the deal after knowingly dealing with a H.O.S.'er, shouldn't they themselves go on the P.L. for not completing the transaction.

This is one of those cases where new precedents are being set, because we've never had to really deal with it before. :insane:

People who didn't know who they were dealing with have backed out of :takeit: in the past because of this.

Plus... its still a voting process to put someone on the PL / HOS. I feel the vote would fall in the unknowing buyer's favor in this scenario. hm

I think its VERY possible to visit Brockland with the current moderation policies in place.

I see no reason to chance it when other options are at your disposal. ;)

I'll let Harvey send me a postcard lol

So one of the things I've noticed lately is when folks get a strike the posts they made to deserve the strike are immediately deleted.

That hasn't happened here and I believe it won't.

The one post I don't know what happened to was the one SC1 quoted HS in. That one is gone but I don't know if he deleted it or it was poofed.

I think its VERY possible to visit Brockland with the current moderation policies in place.

I see no reason to chance it when other options are at your disposal. ;)

I'll let Harvey send me a postcard lol

I hope he doesn't have to ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

People who didn't know who they were dealing with have backed out of :takeit: in the past because of this.

Plus... its still a voting process to put someone on the PL / HOS. I feel the vote would fall in the unknowing buyer's favor in this scenario. hm

When has it ever been a voting process to put someone on the probation list? The offender comes here, states there case, PM gets sent, if no response, or a negative response, the person goes on the probation list. It's not up to the community vote for the P.L., just the H.O.S. (shrug)

xxx ooo

Rupp

When has it ever been a voting process to put someone on the probation list? The offender comes here, states there case, PM gets sent, if no response, or a negative response, the person goes on the probation list. It's not up to the community vote for the P.L., just the H.O.S. (shrug)

If the dude comes on to defend himself against the PL charge, it's kinda a vote.

You would be "voting" with your positive or negative response Joe ;)

Okay, at the risk of changing the subject, I don't think I always understand when people use the :wink:. Are you being sarcastic? Knowing? Baiting? Wry?

Okay, at the risk of changing the subject, I don't think I always understand when people use the :wink:. Are you being sarcastic? Knowing? Baiting? Wry?

I thought they were flirting :shrug:

Probably all four. lol I personally feel that the popular opinion vote would prevent ANY PL / HOS member from putting someone on the list. Could be wrong since before this past year, I didn't believe a boardie could change stated board rules with a phone call either.

Just stating that there have been many instances of people backing out of :takeit: 's when its brought to their attention that a seller is on the PL or HOS.