• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

From now on I'm only buying from people with three letters in there names.

Three letter names have a lot of integrity.

Guessing this guys in TX. The email you posted (acres78319@aol.com) and the photobucket account that was used to post the MS #5 (going78109) both look to have TX zips that are near San Antonio.

Carl and Shake. :grin:

Now I feel like pulling out the DVDs and watching. Love that show! :D

ugh you mean you havn't seen the episode with Rocket Rooster? The comic book written by Meatwad?

(new season)

embarrassing.

You mean Jet Chicken and Rocket Horse?

(a preview) :grin:

-slym

Alright, this is about 10 pages ago, but I have a suggestion to add to the ever-burning PL/HOS list discussion. It requires very little Mod intervention.

In your opinion (speaking to everyone), would it be helpful to have the PL/HOS list stickied to the top of the Golden, Silver, Bronze, Copper and Modern forums? Many people may not venture into this sub-forum or the other sales threads to find out what's going on before they start buying, so a new thread in their regular forum of choice may increase the awareness of such a list.

It's just a thought, and one that leaves the responsibility of updating up to the community. I know things USED to work really well around here. However, there seems to be an influx of shady dudes and dudettes lately, so this might help to curb that.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Another thought, & IDK how much it would really take for the people that run the CGC website - but how about at the beginning of every sales thread, directly under the first post in each new thread (and in the sales section only, obviously) how about a "post" made by Arch, Dena, someone linking the PL & HoS in it?

:shrug:

-slym

Another thought, & IDK how much it would really take for the people that run the CGC website - but how about at the beginning of every sales thread, directly under the first post in each new thread (and in the sales section only, obviously) how about a "post" made by Arch, Dena, someone linking the PL & HoS in it?

:shrug:

-slym

Uh, slym?

There already is a link to the "lists" between the initial post and second post in a sales thread. :baiting:

And it's been like that for a few years now. :tonofbricks:

cgcrules_zpsb818962d.jpg

And I am sure if we keep bugging them to play police for us,eventually they'll just take the right to buy and sell away,for raw books anyways I am sure.people just have to do their homework,and there is a gang of great folks on here that keep an eye open for others as well.how long did it take to out the newguy1 today.I know he is not a 'lister' but the patrol is always on.I know I feel way safer here buying than feebay,or even from dealers I know.I always check up on a seller before I make myself a buyer.so should everyone.there are some pretty quick folks with sharp eyes keeping an eye peeled for unsavory sales for me,you and Mr magoo.

Thank you to all of you who do such a great job for everyone.

:whee:

And I am sure if we keep bugging them to play police for us,eventually they'll just take the right to buy and sell away,for raw books anyways I am sure.people just have to do their homework,and there is a gang of great folks on here that keep an eye open for others as well.how long did it take to out the newguy1 today.I know he is not a 'lister' but the patrol is always on.I know I feel way safer here buying than feebay,or even from dealers I know.I always check up on a seller before I make myself a buyer.so should everyone.there are some pretty quick folks with sharp eyes keeping an eye peeled for unsavory sales for me,you and Mr magoo.

Thank you to all of you who do such a great job for everyone.

:whee:

That's pretty much spot on IMO.

I'm a noob no doubt, but as a noob it's my responsibility to see who i'm buying from. It takes two seconds to look thru the links provided to get a bit of a feel on how things work around here. Read a few post, watch a few sales threads go down and you can figure it out pretty quickly.

For example I'm just getting my feet wet in SA/BA books. Before I made a single purchase I checked the PL/HOS thread and sent a few pm's to fellow board members for a heads up on common sellers in the GA/SA/BA sales threads. I've made several low dollar purchases over the last couple of weeks and so far every transaction has been smooth as expected.

I also took a tiny (dollar wise) chance on buying from a board member (Shrevvy) without a kudos thread and 150 or so post count. But after watching his sales threads and the buyers purchasing books I felt confident in making a purchase. Joe seems like a straight shooter, his communication was great and the books arrived safely.

I'm just saying I think the way the rules are now work pretty good, if the buyer has half a brain and does just a tiny bit of reading before making a purchase the transaction should work out just fine. (thumbs u

Just my 2c

Brandon

Good thing that Symbiotic was going to take a few months off from selling on these boards.

Good luck to all the boardies who made purchases from that thread. :ohnoez:

I like how he linked to his e-bay feedback page. You know, the one that shows he got a negative last week and his rating is at 96.7% lol

I guess 1 bad transaction out of every 31 isn't so bad. meh

ebaysymb_zpsf12794c3.jpg