• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Can anyone decipher this message for me?

You didn't send an invoice Friday like you said so do what you want. Just remember I tried to avoid this. Might wanna take your copies off eBay. The ones we just bought are going to arrive damaged. Thank God for buyer protection

Yeah. It sounds like he just bought some of your auctions and is going to claim they were damaged in transit.

I would alert eBay about this now, before he claims this. That sucks.

correct Speedy-D. He allowed him to cancel his bids etc.

Joe I know you feel that HusTruck is deserving of some form of punishment for his poor behavior but at what point does following his every action go from monitoring an individual for the best interest of the board vs harassment/stalking etc

What, would you prefer that these scammers not be pointed out?

For your information, I didn't "follow his every move" when I found this information, the information was sent to me by a fellow boardie.

If you would prefer that I not point these types of scumbags out, then fine.

Just don't come crying to the boards when you fall victim to one of these scammers that I've been pointing out.

I wondered earlier this week if HusTruck would actually honor the sale of a 1 cent slab, after he had to pull all his shill bids off the auction. Apparently, he was unwilling to "let the auctions ride" (his own words), to see what his items were actually worth.

He's been proven to be a shiller for his own auctions, now he refuses to honor his e-bay sales after he had to pull his shill bids.

Perhaps it's time this lousy excuse for a boardie should be going to the P.L.

After all, at least one boardie here was affected by HusTruck's shill bidding. hm

Didn't CaHokie already say he wasn't nominating him? :shrug:

He didn't actually lose any money, right?

No, he didn't actually lose any money, but only because the shilling was caught before the auction ended. If the shilling hadn't been caught, he'd been out quite a bit.

Yep, I can dig it. Still, the PL is for certain things, and not for others...it's not just there to warn people about sketchy folks. It's to get messed up deals completed. The HoS is more for general knavery, although there's gotta be someone actually harmed there too. As of now, we don't really have a means of handling "intent to" crimes, know what I mean?

Joe I know you feel that HusTruck is deserving of some form of punishment for his poor behavior but at what point does following his every action go from monitoring an individual for the best interest of the board vs harassment/stalking etc

For your information, I didn't "follow his every move" when I found this information, the information was sent to me by a fellow boardie.

Just don't come crying to the boards when you fall victim to one of these scammers that I've been pointing out.

I don't mind if you're going all 683.gif on HusTruck. It's totally a valuable service to all of us.

You didn't send an invoice Friday like you said so do what you want. Just remember I tried to avoid this. Might wanna take your copies off eBay. The ones we just bought are going to arrive damaged. Thank God for buyer protection

Yeah. It sounds like he just bought some of your auctions and is going to claim they were damaged in transit.

I just looked at my sales and didn't have him buying any. Plus I track my packages and have lawyer friends so getting letters notarized is really easy for me. So if this guy wants a fight, he's found one.

just let me know when I can add him to the PL! (thumbs u

I didnt think I could nominate him because technically I was never out any money and he did as I asked him. I will type him about not sending out the penny auction. As far as I am concerned no one should ever deal with him.

I just looked at my sales and didn't have him buying any. Plus I track my packages and have lawyer friends so getting letters notarized is really easy for me. So if this guy wants a fight, he's found one.

If he backed out of a :takeit:, and you've confirmed that he does not intend to follow through, then send him the required PM, give him 72 hours to reply, and on the list he goes.

If he backed out of a :takeit:, and you've confirmed that he does not intend to follow through, then send him the required PM, give him 72 hours to reply, and on the list he goes.

Oh, ok I did all of those things than.

72 hours started an hour ago.

I didnt think I could nominate him because technically I was never out any money and he did as I asked him. I will type him about not sending out the penny auction. As far as I am concerned no one should ever deal with him.

I'm just happy I was able to keep you from getting "taken for a ride". :D

And that fellow boardie was me.

I really don't get the stalking ascertain, that's ridiculous. That's what this thread is for, pointing out the scammers to watch out for.

At a minimum, someone should think about putting HusTruck into the "blocked eBay buyer list" that slym started in CG, HERE .

Speaking of which, when slym started that thread, he mentioned the possibility of, in principle, consolidating that list to make it easier to view. If we went ahead and did that consolidation, perhaps that would be an alternative place to get ne'er-do-wells on a visible list...of course, this will only work for boardies with eBay accounts... hm

I now understand where you're coming from here, with your reaction.

Perhaps because you've sold to him in the past? hm

Hassan purchased 2 major books from me a FF#5 and HULK 180-182 set via time payments.

all payments were made on time without any issues.

WTTB!

Hassan purchased 2 major books from me a FF#5 and HULK 180-182 set via time payments.

WTTB!

while I know the motive in this thread is to always make it about one vs the other, I have nothing personal against you and my comment was a generic question.

as for that sale, and any others, that is not something I've hid and have mentioned it several times on this thread.

I raised the concern because he made that comment, and the last few mentions you have had about "scammers" has been the same individual. I think it's fair to say that you've wanted to add him to the PL, is that not correct?

This is just a discussion and not any personal attack against you. if you felt that my comment was anything personal, my apologies for wording it incorrectly and you taking offense.

I purchased from Symbiote last August when I knew nothing about him. On a personal level I will not purchase from him again because I do not agree with some of his methods or comments. I will say however that he did ship my Ultimate Spider-Man 1 quickly and well packaged so I would imagine you guys will get your books. I don't think he scams in that way or anything.

To be fair, this could probably be said about a few other people who never get brought up in this thread.

Maybe even someone in the HoS hm I know, you should start a poll to get them voted off :idea:

:roflmao:

I'm not sure what/who you are talking about.

I thought I was giving you a good suggestion (shrug)

you take vagueness to a whole new level - I really have no idea what you are talking about with your suggestion.

Don't sweat it, he's talking to himself. :foryou:

Thank god we have you around...I can't imagine how awful a place it would be without you hm

:cloud9:

I'm just happy I was able to keep you from getting "taken for a ride". :D

And I totally appreciate it! :foryou: Personally, I love that this board follows and holds scammers accountable for their actions.

WTTB!

I raised the concern because he made that comment, and the last few mentions you have had about "scammers" has been the same individual. I think it's fair to say that you've wanted to add him to the PL, is that not correct?

As a matter of fact, my last few mention of scammers hasn't been just the same individual. The last few times I've said it here has been about Symbiotic and HusTruck. And yes, I feel that HusTruck should be added to the P.L. His actions since he started on these boards have been shown to be untrustworthy, and in the case of shilling his own auctions on e-bay, criminal.

Of course, most likely he won't be added to the P.L. because there will be those who feel that he hasn't done enough "damage" to the community to be added at this time. Like I said before though, next time he burns somebody, and there will be a next time, I just don't want to hear people complaining about how they got burned, when I tried to put the warning out there at a much earlier time.

You love playing "devil's advocate" don't you? I prefer to call it being an auto contrarian.

I for one appreciate the time Joe takes to find out about these scummers.

I'm sure he would appreciate a "thank you" or nothing at all...as opposed to essentially calling him a stalker. 2c

WTTB!

As a matter of fact, my last few mention of scammers hasn't been just the same individual. The last few times I've said it here has been about Symbiotic and HusTruck. And yes, I feel that HusTruck should be added to the P.L. His actions since he started on these boards have been shown to be untrustworthy, and in the case of shilling his own auctions on e-bay, criminal.

Of course, most likely he won't be added to the P.L. because there will be those who feel that he hasn't done enough "damage" to the community to be added at this time. Like I said before though, next time he burns somebody, and there will be a next time, I just don't want to hear people complaining about how they got burned, when I tried to put the warning out there at a much earlier time.

Joe, for me and I am being completely sincere, it's about a technicality. Based on the rules, has he done something to be added to the PL, no. Those are just the facts. I do see the shady behavior and if you look at most of my posts regarding this matter I agree his behavior is concerning.

Personally I've blocked him on my eBay account, and have told him we won't do business anymore. I assume I'm not the only one that has done that.

You love playing "devil's advocate" don't you? I prefer to call it being an auto contrarian.

I for one appreciate the time Joe takes to find out about these scummers.

I'm sure he would appreciate a "thank you" or nothing at all...as opposed to essentially calling him a stalker. 2c

That's a good point and something that gets lost at time when trying to discuss something.

Actually Joe, I do want to thank you because I was looking at that Brave/Bold he had up, but after your post last week, decided to remove it from my watch list. So you did save me a headache, which is great.

:thumbsup:

as for the "Devil's Advocate". I think it's always important for some opposition. If we all agreed to everything in here, it would not help solidify thoughts, create discussion and help the group come to a consensus. Opposition is one thing, obstruction is another. If I'm guilty of doing the latter, then please point that out.