• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

All right, got that off my chest. I have a couple points to make...

- "most" of the info you are looking for is in this sub-forum - read back

- if you have "someone else" filter this information, how can you be sure that you're getting an accurate re-telling of what happened - surely you've seen how things are "spun" by people two or three days/weeks after it happened 2c

edit- is that what you want your perception of people here to be created by?

:foryou:

Edited by bababooey

All right, got that off my chest. I have a couple points to make...

- "most" of the info you are looking for is in this sub-forum - read back

- if you have "someone else" filter this information, how can you be sure that you're getting an accurate re-telling of what happened - surely you've seen how things are "spun" by people two or three days/weeks after it happened 2c

Not to mention information that's been lost due to mod scrubbing.

It would be an interesting project and a fairly lengthy one at that.

Do you think you Veterans could put together a thread that describes the members of the HoS and what got them there (at least the ones we can talk about)? Kinda like a 30 for 30 on each of them so that us n00bs can be in the know. Then we could sticky the thread. Was Cap Freak the golden age kid?

Sounds like a Swick project.

:shy:

Someone asked me about CAP FREAK today. His early info I got from old-old-timers what they thought took place (and it was noted by the recent Probation Summary how many times he shows up in the HOS-PL).

No worries at all. It is totally okay to ask.

CAP FREAK was a kid that joined the forum when he was about 12-14 years old, though he represented himself as an adult. When it was discovered how young he was, the forum made an exception because it was felt it was refreshing to see someone of such a young age to be such a huge fan of the hobby. So many took him under their wing to guide and mold his collecting.

Well, he took advantage of this, and started having issues leading to multiple entries in the Probation List. Two things broke the trust of the boards leading to his HOS membership and banning.

1) He conducted a large sales thread that I was one of those burned by him where he offered many, many books - accepted payment - but sent nothing out to anyone.

2) Later on, Steve Borok (former CGC President) took him to a show to talk with him about this, and allowed him to stay in his room to save money. CAP FREAK thought it would be funny to change Steve's work cell voicemail greeting to "This is Steven Borok - PLEASE GO :censored: YOURSELF".

So it was not a good situation. Especially since some of the old-timers felt so bad for him, they would vote to get him off the PL and write it off as him being "a kid", and he would burn them again and be put back on the PL.

So very sad situation.

Even CAP FREAK tried the "I dare you to put me on the HOS-PL - I dare you" approach. It didn't end well for him.

:(

He's bumped it twice in a row now. One of those two was in answer to a question, so it won't count.I figured if he bumps it again I would hit the button for extraneous bumping.

That is if people would just STOP asking him questions, lol.

Jeffro, if you delete your last comment, his sales thread should drop down a little bit AND he has nothing to reply to! ;)

And why said HOS member can come in here and mock us, the rules, and his punishment with no repercussions.

Asking him questions, just puts him on the top. If you let him bump the thread himself too often, we'd have a legitimate complaint about the thread.

thank you for pointing this out how to prevent any legitimate complaints :)

No more bumping...got it (thumbs u

Did you really think I didn't know you were reading the thread? If you would just look in the mirror and realize that instead of acting like a teenager on hormone overdrive you should just grow up and be HONEST, you might do well here. People tend to be forgiving if your actions change.

Since you ARE reading...why not take a short (6 month voluntary vacation ) spend some time with your family and start over again once you've taken some time to reflect.

fn54A.gif

T&EASGJ :banana:

He's bumped it twice in a row now. One of those two was in answer to a question, so it won't count.I figured if he bumps it again I would hit the button for extraneous bumping.

That is if people would just STOP asking him questions, lol.

Jeffro, if you delete your last comment, his sales thread should drop down a little bit AND he has nothing to reply to! ;)

hm

And why said HOS member can come in here and mock us, the rules, and his punishment with no repercussions.

Asking him questions, just puts him on the top. If you let him bump the thread himself too often, we'd have a legitimate complaint about the thread.

Did you really think I didn't know you were reading the thread? If you would just look in the mirror and realize that instead of acting like a teenager on hormone overdrive you should just grow up and be HONEST, you might do well here. People tend to be forgiving if your actions change.

Since you ARE reading...why not take a short (6 month voluntary vacation ) spend some time with your family and start over again once you've taken some time to reflect.

fn54A.gif

T&EASGJ :banana:

tim-and-eric-dance-o.gif:headbang:

Someone asked me about CAP FREAK today. His early info I got from old-old-timers what they thought took place (and it was noted by the recent Probation Summary how many times he shows up in the HOS-PL).

No worries at all. It is totally okay to ask.

CAP FREAK was a kid that joined the forum when he was about 12-14 years old, though he represented himself as an adult. When it was discovered how young he was, the forum made an exception because it was felt it was refreshing to see someone of such a young age to be such a huge fan of the hobby. So many took him under their wing to guide and mold his collecting.

Well, he took advantage of this, and started having issues leading to multiple entries in the Probation List. Two things broke the trust of the boards leading to his HOS membership and banning.

1) He conducted a large sales thread that I was one of those burned by him where he offered many, many books - accepted payment - but sent nothing out to anyone.

2) Later on, Steve Borok (former CGC President) took him to a show to talk with him about this, and allowed him to stay in his room to save money. CAP FREAK thought it would be funny to change Steve's work cell voicemail greeting to "This is Steven Borok - PLEASE GO :censored: YOURSELF".

So it was not a good situation. Especially since some of the old-timers felt so bad for him, they would vote to get him off the PL and write it off as him being "a kid", and he would burn them again and be put back on the PL.

So very sad situation.

Even CAP FREAK tried the "I dare you to put me on the HOS-PL - I dare you" approach. It didn't end well for him.

:(

Is it fair to say that isn't he and many others who are on the HOS list reason why so many are leery of second chances or hesitant when one comes in showing signs of "odd" behavior

spank.jpg

Good advice that will sadly fall on deaf ears. :(

Proof you have yet to read the rules for selling in the forums here? The 1-bump-per-day, 3-bump maximum rule is right there in the list.

-slym

This may be a good time to take stock of what content belongs in a serious discussion of forum rules or Sales forum transgressions.

Should memes, jokes, insults and inane banter really be a part of this thread?

This may be a good time to take stock of what content belongs in a serious discussion of forum rules or Sales forum transgressions.

We need structured rules to regulate this thread.

We need structured rules to regulate this thread.

Can we post some rules about the rules for adjusting the rules?

I think sometimes it gets carried away with nonsense - this thread is for current sales issue discussion & marketplace idea sharing; lately it's been a bit more of a free-for-all in here. This one is most casual so if witty or inane banter, jokes/insults/memes is going to happen it should be here, ya dork-face! :baiting:

The Probation Threads are different - the update one is off-limits and is for updates only; the Probation Discussion should try to just be about pending problems.

Less banter in the PL Discussion thread would make it easier for people to track back probation & HOS histories - for themselves - the banter that is "on topic" during nominations is off-topic enough already.

I think sometimes it gets carried away with nonsense - this thread is for current sales issue discussion & marketplace idea sharing; lately it's been a bit more of a free-for-all in here. This one is most casual so if witty or inane banter, jokes/insults/memes is going to happen it should be here, ya dork-face! :baiting:

The Probation Threads are different - the update one is off-limits and is for updates only; the Probation Discussion should try to just be about pending problems.

Less banter in the PL Discussion thread would make it easier for people to track back probation & HOS histories - for themselves - the banter that is "on topic" during nominations is off-topic enough already.

Fair enough. :foryou:

Edit: And I'm just now reading in the other thread where POV tells people to move the chatter here :facepalm:

Never post when you're cranky.

Edited by Hado