• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Just be careful. Aside from bad pics, likely over-graded books and prices that aren't in touch with reality his listing seems in compliant with guidelines. Lack of paypal doesn't make the listing outside of guidelines, just makes sales unlikely. Hate to see anyone get a strike for thread krapping...

in any event just PM the seller if you have concerns, comments etc. Plenty of other sellers are guilty of all those things(bad pics, over graded books, prices out of touch) yet I don't see the same comments being made.

also plenty of other sellers don't take paypa, Rube11 is one example but there are more.

I deleted some of my post. You guys are right, I shouldn't be in there saying such things. :sorry:

Is there any reason someone wouldnt have a paypal account?

If you have a bank account you can have paypal.

If you have a credit card or debit card you can have paypal

under what scenario could you not have life together enough to have paypal?

Or can people LOSE their paypal accounts through misdeeds? (I dont know mk's situation, Im just trying to think in general terms why/how someone wouldnt have paypal)

[and I get the deisre to avoid it and the fees, but this isnt that, this is just not being able to have paypal.

There are plenty of people who refuse to use Paypal. Google "Paypal Sucks" and read some of the horror stories. Poor customer service, locking down accounts for long periods of time with no explanation, high fees, etc.

On the other hand, it's really convenient and makes these sorts of transactions easier.

I wouldn't assume that just because someone won't accept Paypal, that they are in some way shady.

Just be careful. Aside from bad pics, likely over-graded books and prices that aren't in touch with reality his listing seems in compliant with guidelines. Lack of paypal doesn't make the listing outside of guidelines, just makes sales unlikely. Hate to see anyone get a strike for thread krapping...

in any event just PM the seller if you have concerns, comments etc. Plenty of other sellers are guilty of all those things(bad pics, over graded books, prices out of touch) yet I don't see the same comments being made.

also plenty of other sellers don't take paypa, Rube11 is one example but there are more.

I deleted some of my post. You guys are right, I shouldn't be in there saying such things. :sorry:

I was going to PM you to suggest that, but they disappeared. lol I thought they got poofed.

Or can people LOSE their paypal accounts through misdeeds? (I dont know mk's situation, Im just trying to think in general terms why/how someone wouldnt have paypal)

[and I get the deisre to avoid it and the fees, but this isnt that, this is just not being able to have paypal.

There are plenty of people who refuse to use Paypal. Google "Paypal Sucks" and read some of the horror stories. Poor customer service, locking down accounts for long periods of time with no explanation, high fees, etc.

On the other hand, it's really convenient and makes these sorts of transactions easier.

I wouldn't assume that just because someone won't accept Paypal, that they are in some way shady.

I can see that, but as a new seller you would think he would want to provide some peace of mind to prospective buyers. (shrug)

oh and I dont, I was just wondering if there were any logistical reasons someone couldnt use paypal.

as you said, they arent perfect, have their problems, but are the best (and/or most widely accepted) solution if you are trying to do an internet based transaction...

What got poofed... I didn't see anything? (shrug)

Lucille-Bluth-Wink-Arrested-Development.gif

You, for 2 days. :baiting:

:angel:

And mine was for using "_" in words to get the full effect! NOT for threadkrapping! (tsk)

lol I know, I read the thread. I got one for posting a video with a few too many F-bombs in it a while back. Silly me thought by posting an *Explicit Lyrics* warning that it would be okay. Too many beers that night.

What got poofed... I didn't see anything? (shrug)

Lucille-Bluth-Wink-Arrested-Development.gif

You, for 2 days. :baiting:

:angel:

And mine was for using "_" in words to get the full effect! NOT for threadkrapping! (tsk)

lol I know, I read the thread. I got one for posting a video with a few too many F-bombs in it a while back. Silly me thought by posting an *Explicit Lyrics* warning that it would be okay. Too many beers that night.

That is why you don't post Jimmy's videos on the forum.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should or want to. PayPal can also ban you.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should or want to. PayPal can also ban you.

There's plenty of reasons, legit ones.

1. Some older folks (or less tech savvy folks) don't like sending money over the interwebs, either because they're not convinced about security, or just because it doesn't feel 'real'.

2. Maybe at some point paypal or parent company ebay has done you wrong, either you lost a case, or they took away your best seller status, your dad was and employee and was laid off.

3. You prefer some other type of online currency, whether its bitcoin, or googlewallet, or some other such thingy.

Its certainly seems preferable to have and use it for online transactions, but you're really only hurting yourself by not using it. And if other people don't do business with them as a result, only the one person will be 'hurt', with the rest of society moving along just fine.

Just like someone who only has a bicycle. They have their reasons for not driving (environmental, need exercise, scared of cars, suspended license), but its really not hurting the rest of us. If the bike rider can take care of his own business, no problem. If he wants to sell pizzas and deliver them via bike, I probably wouldn't buy from him, but I'm not mad at him for trying.

This thread is chock full of mess talk. Wow

If you come back to WWChicago I will give you some mess talk in person. Then we can go punch greggy in the groin.

Would love to do Chicago again. When is it?

August 21-24