• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Over the course of yesterday and today, I sold GIJOEISAWESOME $150+ in raw books via PM. He's paid for the books and agreed to a return policy with non refundable two way shipping charges in case of a return and no partial refunds(more detailed in PM but that;'s the concise version).

This is our first transaction. Sale was agreed upon on 2/5th, before any of this discussion, and paid in full today via paypal.

The timing of everything has put me in a weird spot. I would not have completed this deal if the PM negotiations had started a day later.

He would possibly be the stupidest person on this site (and that is quite the accomplishment) if he complained of over-grading on this deal.

Over the course of yesterday and today, I sold GIJOEISAWESOME $150+ in raw books via PM. He's paid for the books and agreed to a return policy with non refundable two way shipping charges in case of a return and no partial refunds(more detailed in PM but that;'s the concise version).

This is our first transaction. Sale was agreed upon on 2/5th, before any of this discussion, and paid in full today via paypal.

The timing of everything has put me in a weird spot. I would not have completed this deal if the PM negotiations had started a day later.

He would possibly be the stupidest person on this site (and that is quite the accomplishment) if he complained of over-grading on this deal.

So include a bunch of coverless copies. :insane:

I sell a book as a 7.0 and low and behold it reappears as a "9.2" with no evidence of being pressed. No problem really, I am glad someone thinks I undergrade :banana:

Just bothers me that the same person complained that I can't grade, so I refunded him all his money for this lot (including the magic 9.2 book) and told him to keep the books I want him to be happy.

He then bumps it to a 9.2 and flips it here on the boards (it is in the same mylar and full back i sent him so i know it is the same book)

Still not a problem, but he paints a bad picture of me in my WTB thread as 'blocking him" unnecessarily.

For the record, I believe I have a good reason to block him.

Deja vu.

He did the same thing to me. Complained about books being inaccurately graded, wanted a partial refund. I only had a few dollars in the books (dollar box finds) and the transaction wasn't for a whole lot of money (less than 50 bucks) so I agreed on a partial instead of a return and full refund. I suggested 10 or 15, he wanted 20. I said ok whatever, just to be done with it. I make a WTB thread, he can't figure out why I blocked him after I didn't want to make an offer on his books sight unseen. Reading his posts in this thread and seeing other people's thoughts about him just my confirmed my suspicions as a character to avoid.

Now 4 confirmed cases. :popcorn:

+5 incoming. i would try to lay out my case but this is it almost exactly. good riddance to bad rubbish.

Seriously.gif26712.jpg

I sell a book as a 7.0 and low and behold it reappears as a "9.2" with no evidence of being pressed. No problem really, I am glad someone thinks I undergrade :banana:

Just bothers me that the same person complained that I can't grade, so I refunded him all his money for this lot (including the magic 9.2 book) and told him to keep the books I want him to be happy.

He then bumps it to a 9.2 and flips it here on the boards (it is in the same mylar and full back i sent him so i know it is the same book)

Still not a problem, but he paints a bad picture of me in my WTB thread as 'blocking him" unnecessarily.

Deja vu.

He did the same thing to me. Complained about books being inaccurately graded, wanted a partial refund. I only had a few dollars in the books (dollar box finds) and the transaction wasn't for a whole lot of money (less than 50 bucks) so I agreed on a partial instead of a return and full refund. I suggested 10 or 15, he wanted 20. I said ok whatever, just to be done with it. I make a WTB thread, he can't figure out why I blocked him after I didn't want to make an offer on his books sight unseen. Reading his posts in this thread and seeing other people's thoughts about him just my confirmed my suspicions as a character to avoid.

+5 incoming. i would try to lay out my case but this is it almost exactly. good riddance to bad rubbish.

Looks like GIJOE isn't so AWESOME.

meanwhile, he's running multiple sales threads while his rep goes up in flames. love this place.

Deja vu.

Looks like GIJOE isn't so AWESOME.

meanwhile, he's running multiple sales threads while his rep goes up in flames. love this place.

Even better is that if anyone were to post in those threads that this guy is shady, they would get a strike. Nice job, mods. :facepalm:

I'm considering just taking one for the team and go on a threadcrap blitz in his sales threads. I will be out of town for a few days. Won't help the post count. lol

I'm considering just taking one for the team and go on a threadcrap blitz in his sales threads. I will be out of town for a few days. Won't help the post count. lol

Just ask what his return policy is and if he will give partial refunds if you disagree with the stated grade.

I don't know man. Post count is pretty important around here. :whistle:

I would just like to say that this thread is awesome and has been more informative and eye opening than all of other threads on this board combined.

It really is and it is even better when half the people are oblivious that they are shredding their image. lol

At least to anyone paying attention.

Just ask what his return policy is and if he will give partial refunds if you disagree with the stated grade.

How about that beat to sheit Submariner comic,35 bucks for fire kindling. lol

Stand down my friend. That's like laying down on the tracks before the train goes over the cliff....

Just :popcorn:

Gold Leader to Red Leader, just let me know which thread(s) you're bombing, I'll take the other bombing run. :D

:insane:

Post some screen shots of the PM's.

convo1.jpg

convo2.jpg

convo3.jpg

Due to the low price of the transaction and the fact that I didn't provide pics (nor did he ask for them), I didn't get into an argument with him over the discrepancies in grading. Wasn't worth the time or effort to me, it happens. I would have left it at that and moved on. However, he chose to make a stink in my sales thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7268152

Thought I was pretty clear there that I would be willing to make an offer on his book once he supplied me with a pic/scan, since the last time we had a transaction with the books unseen we ran into a problem.

Again that would have been the end of it, ignore him and leave it at that. Then I read what NP_Gresham wrote today regarding his dealings with him and thought I would share my experience as well. Seeing as how this appears to be typical behavior from GIJOE it seems like something the board should at least know about when deciding to do business with him or not.