• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Absolute Vertigo 1. 8.5. Presents well. Hot as coal (thumbs u

$25

and here's the VF+ book that he bought from me that was "damaged" during shipment that resulted in the refund demand

Holy ...

:facepalm:

-slym

This just keeps getting worse :facepalm:

And he didn't think people would put two and two together? Amazingly stupid.

The You-Overgraded-By-0.2-Therefore-You-Owe-Me-A-Partial-Refund-No-I-Do-Not-Want-To-Return-The-Book-Just-Give-Me-Money-Back exploitation formula is standard fare on ebay. It's unfortunate to see that behavior leak over here but, fortunately, there is a system in place to help expose it and create consequences for the exploiter. I wonder if I have him on my ebay blocked bidders list hm

Not surprised at all. Taking the seller out of the equation, no way in hell am I buying a book over $10 that the only image I have of it is in a bag/mylar with a sticker over it. No way to judge the book. You wanna sell a 3 figure book? Scan it and let me see front and back cover. Then when you add in the seller...

Not surprised at all. Taking the seller out of the equation, no way in hell am I buying a book over $10 that the only image I have of it is in a bag/mylar with a sticker over it. No way to judge the book. You wanna sell a 3 figure book? Scan it and let me see front and back cover. Then when you add in the seller...

:roflmao: Mylar!! You're too generous...

Absolute Vertigo 1. 8.5. Presents well. Hot as coal (thumbs u

$25

and here's the VF+ book that he bought from me that was "damaged" during shipment that resulted in the refund demand

Holy ...

:facepalm:

-slym

This just keeps getting worse :facepalm:

And he didn't think people would put two and two together? Amazingly stupid.

It does seem pretty dumb doesn't it.

I'm not here to scam people. I'm not. I never will be. I'm not caught because there is nothing to catch me doing. There really isn't.

Well, it looks to me like you have been caught. If you ever surface around these parts again, it's doubtful anyone will do business with you anyway. These boards need people like you as much as I need a carbuncle on my can.

Xmen 95, Marvel SPotlight 32, and one Marvel Premiere 48 sold.

I was going to buy these but after reading this thread I've decided not to move forward with the deal and save myself a potential headache down the road.

FWIW GIJoe was understanding and didn't give me any grief over dropping out.

You agree to a deal, you should fulfill your end of the commitment. 2c

Xmen 95, Marvel SPotlight 32, and one Marvel Premiere 48 sold.

I was going to buy these but after reading this thread I've decided not to move forward with the deal and save myself a potential headache down the road.

FWIW GIJoe was understanding and didn't give me any grief over dropping out.

You agree to a deal, you should fulfill your end of the commitment. 2c

Agreed but the seller let him out so no harm done. 2c

I never understood how a cgc book could be priced under the cost of the cgc service. About a year ago I picked up an xmen #4 (vol 2) old label cgc 9.6 for $25 from my lcs. I mean they wouldn't sell it for less then they paid but still the cost of cgc and shipping has to at least be 25. That's what I don't get about pricing the second print mos at 5. Maybe raw (but I doubt it) but in Jimmys case it was graded (and Signed) so at a minimum it should have been 5+grading fees), but obviously worth more.

I'm not here to scam people. I'm not. I never will be. I'm not caught because there is nothing to catch me doing. There really isn't.

Well, it looks to me like you have been caught. If you ever surface around these parts again, it's doubtful anyone will do business with you anyway. These boards need people like you as much as I need a carbuncle on my can.

You may need to explain that statement.

Officially added to my third list...it's getting long

Agreed,my "not to buy" list is a long one,with only 6 on my favorite buyers list.

Oak, I don't remember if you have put much up for sale, but if you want to sell any comics in your sig line I will gladly pay you $10 each for them! :baiting: