• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I cant help it because it just keeps getting better

"Just got a lesson on Comic Book Grading from my boy. Do you know the difference between CGC and PGX gradings? Do you know the difference in value between and 8.4 and a 9.2 grading? Well neither did I but I understand more of it now. If you DON'T understand this AND you have comics collecting dust in the attic, CALL ME NOW! He's a buyer! Quite the little business man. He kept having to stop our conversation to respond to emails with other collectors. I asked him, '..they don't know you're 11 years old do they?' He said, 'NO WAY'. We DO monitor is email. However, he doesn't write like an 11 year old."

so dad was telling him to lie on the boards about his age?

"Just got a lesson on Comic Book Grading from my boy. Do you know the difference between CGC and PGX gradings? Do you know the difference in value between and 8.4 and a 9.2 grading? Well neither did I but I understand more of it now. If you DON'T understand this AND you have comics collecting dust in the attic, CALL ME NOW! He's a buyer! Quite the little business man. He kept having to stop our conversation to respond to emails with other collectors. I asked him, '..they don't know you're 11 years old do they?' He said, 'NO WAY'. We DO monitor is email. However, he doesn't write like an 11 year old."

:o

A.Romero - I got nothing for you. Continue on fella.

I wasn't even the one that found it. Someone sent it to me and said they didn't want to be involved in this at all. I PMed Bosco because GIJOE was fond of him and Sharon because I think she has some of, if not the most, sage wisdom and advice on here. I guess I should have included you in the PM thread doh! and included you in the comic book Illuminati.

If you think I'm on my "high horse" because I don't think it's cool to attack a 12 year do that will soon be gone from the Boards and publicly humiliate, embarrass and harass a father, who may not have known the extent of what his done is even doing ... :foryou: ...like I said, I got nothing.

I don't think its cool to commit fraud, but thats just me

I don't think it's cool either.

However, right now there are some things we "know" and some we don't know.

We know that he is underage and should be banned on Monday.

We know that he did refund money after he was found out.

We know that he did actually send books that were paid for. We know that he "negotiated" with some people in a way that most people here would not consider fair.

We don't know if his father encouraged or helped him.

There really isn't any point in speculating because we probably never will know.

I notified Arch and Mod0 yesterday,about 4 pm. I'm sure since it was Friday, i twas after they left for the day. I don't know if someone who can ban watches over the weekend, my guess is no, since we've had some really terrible people show up over the weekends.

I had no idea before yesterday that this was a 12 year old kid, I thought he was a slightly strange but nice outgoing adult. However, once I found out his age, his pms to me on Thursday made more sense...he kept saying he was innocent, and honest.

The fact that he refunded Pat's money was a point in his favor and it makes me hope that he's just a bright, misdirected 12 year old who didn't understand that this was not a video game and he was harming people.

He was using some very grownup methods here. He was writing to "veteran" posters and introducing himself, trying to network. Unfortunately he presented himself as his father and not himself. So each time he said he was honest, he was lying.

I have no intention of notifying his parents. I was not harmed in any way, but if someone who was harmed wanted to contact them I would not blame him.

I don't believe in horsewhipping children...taking away the internet tv for a few months, would be another story. This kid was supposed to be in school while he was doing a ton of posting. I don't think they have that many snow days in Austin. I'd also make him refund any "negotiated" money...but that's just me.

If I knew his eBay account, I'd notify eBay, I'm sure they would not be happy about a 12 year old who has been selling there for "years".

I hope he's humiliated and he learns a lesson here. Right now, I think he's closer to Bernie Madoff than a serial killer...I think that reference is kind of over the top, and I love Dave, but I laughed when I read it.

I don't admire Bernie Madoff at all, he made a lot of money and he harmed a lot of people. I'm hoping Lee gets it...that money is not the most important thing in life.

I wasn't even the one that found it. Someone sent it to me and said they didn't want to be involved in this at all. I PMed Bosco because GIJOE was fond of him and Sharon because I think she has some of, if not the most, sage wisdom and advice on here. I guess I should have included you in the PM thread doh! and included you in the comic book Illuminati.

If you think I'm on my "high horse" because I don't think it's cool to attack a 12 year do that will soon be gone from the Boards and publicly humiliate, embarrass and harass a father, who may not have known the extent of what his done is even doing ... :foryou: ...like I said, I got nothing.

We know that he did actually send books that were paid for. We know that he "negotiated" with some people in a way that most people here would not consider fair.

There really isn't any point in speculating because we probably never will know.

I notified Arch and Mod0 yesterday,about 4 pm. I'm sure since it was Friday, i twas after they left for the day. I don't know if someone who can ban watches over the weekend, my guess is no, since we've had some really terrible people show up over the weekends.

I had no idea before yesterday that this was a 12 year old kid, I thought he was a slightly strange but nice outgoing adult. However, once I found out his age, his pms to me on Thursday made more sense...he kept saying he was innocent, and honest.

The fact that he refunded Pat's money was a point in his favor and it makes me hope that he's just a bright, misdirected 12 year old who didn't understand that this was not a video game and he was harming people.

He was using some very grownup methods here. He was writing to "veteran" posters and introducing himself, trying to network. Unfortunately he presented himself as his father and not himself. So each time he said he was honest, he was lying.

I have no intention of notifying his parents. I was not harmed in any way, but if someone who was harmed wanted to contact them I would not blame him.

I don't believe in horsewhipping children...taking away the internet tv for a few months, would be another story. This kid was supposed to be in school while he was doing a ton of posting. I don't think they have that many snow days in Austin. I'd also make him refund any "negotiated" money...but that's just me.

If I knew his eBay account, I'd notify eBay, I'm sure they would not be happy about a 12 year old who has been selling there for "years".

I hope he's humiliated and he learns a lesson here. Right now, I think he's closer to Bernie Madoff than a serial killer...I think that reference is kind of over the top, and I love Dave, but I laughed when I read it.

I don't admire Bernie Madoff at all, he made a lot of money and he harmed a lot of people. I'm hoping Lee gets it...that money is not the most important thing in life.

Have you read his Dad's posts on FB? I think you're being a touch generous here Sharon.

Have you read his Dad's posts on FB? I think you're being a touch generous here Sharon.

Yes, if the posts correspond to the person, his father is definitely the biggest problem, way before the kid's behaviour.

I still think that, if so, it may be worthy to talk with his father, but I don’t know how much it will help: his father is not a 12-years old. :P

Well, now we know something else, that most probably notifying his father won't help.

I wonder if people realize how dumb they actually are writing this stuff... doh!

Well, now we know something else, that most probably notifying his father won't help.

I wonder if people realize how dumb they actually are writing this stuff... doh!

Read the FB thread. It's insane the way this guy is raising his kid. People are right, he'll probably make a killing on Wall Street and have way more loot than I ever will, but his moral compass will have a devil of a time finding True North.

Not until I just saw it now, Dan.

I don't do facebook at all, and if I ever even THOUGHT about joining before, this just nailed it for me, lol.

OK, so the Dad needs to be horsewhipped.

IF he wrote it..

So glad I never had dealings with this kid. doh! Took me all morning to catch up on what happened here. Nice job by the board detectives. lol this place is awesome.

I don't have a horse in this race so...

:popcorn:

Now we know why companies do Facebook and Twitter searches on someone's name before hiring them. Amazing what people post on those sites - and with pictures sometimes.

doh!

No they don't. My best friend from Law School works at a group called EPIC (Electronic Privacy Information Center) and anytime we start talking about Facebook her retort is always the same "Ugh I spend all day fighting the NSA about illegal surveillance to protect people, and then they turn around and post sensitive information all over Facebook, why do I waste my time?

No they don't. My best friend from Law School works at a group called EPIC (Electronic Privacy Information Center) and anytime we start talking about Facebook her retort is always the same "Ugh I spend all day fighting the NSA about illegal surveillance to protect people, and then they turn around and post sensitive information all over Facebook, why do I waste my time?

So true. It makes all those reports and revelations about the NSA's invasiveness feel hollow and quaint. But I'm still outraged!! :sumo:

You would think the monthly stories on the news about people losing their jobs due to postings on Facebook and Twitter would be a red flag to some people. My personal favorites are the individual_without_enough_empathys that steal phones and then take selfies with them, leading to their arrest. :facepalm:

Never underestimate the power of stupidity.

So true. It makes all those reports and revelations about the NSA's invasiveness feel hollow and quaint. But I'm still outraged!! :sumo:

That is related to what I was talking about – with Facebook you can have a kind of "selected audience" which allows the equivalent of a street riot.

That is why, as much as that father’s attitude is deprecable, I think it’s never a good thing to promote a spreading of content all around the web.

Please stop sharing stuff thats on facebook that isn't on these boards its not right

There shouldn't be an issue with it since the father's facebook isn't set to private. It is not as if someone friend requested him or used some kind of questionable or illegal means to obtain said information. When the father is mentioning publicly on his facebook page about how well his son is doing selling comics, that seems like perfectly relevant information to the situation here.

Now we know why companies do Facebook and Twitter searches on someone's name before hiring them. Amazing what people post on those sites - and with pictures sometimes.

doh!

Not just that, I've had staff call in sick and post about their trip to the ball park or the show they saw on facebook.