• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

One of the things that personally saddens me about this situation is that a twelve year old boy apparently just views comics as commodities. There are enough adults around here who just see comics as $$$ and nothing more. IMHO a twelve year old should be reading and enjoying comics....the $$$ aspect shouldn't even factor in yet...again IMHO 2c

:golfclap:

completly agree

regards

Only 60 new posts? :P

I have strong doubts everyone has read each and every post in these 1258 pages before writing…

One of the things that personally saddens me about this situation is that a twelve year old boy apparently just views comics as commodities. There are enough adults around here who just see comics as $$$ and nothing more. IMHO a twelve year old should be reading and enjoying comics....the $$$ aspect shouldn't even factor in yet...again IMHO 2c

+10 Gazillion

No. Before fantasy takes hold to an unpredictable degree, this is not right at all: he may have bought and sold a million books, but he obviously cared for the content.

As I stated in a previous post of mine he asked for advice on reading, and nicely accepted it and got involved in conversation about the stories and the characters (totally irrelevant issues if he was that teenage monster coming out of the picture… :sick:

And as long as you are not even sure he was him or his father posting on Facebook, most of the considerations are arbitrary to say the least…

Either that or he was softening you up for the scam.

We should probably move on now, guys. 2c

Or at least read the thread in full. :P

Or move on at least from one of the TWO threads… :makepoint:

Many boardies do not need to know the facts or read a thread in its entirety before spouting off an opinion or even starting an argument.

It's a gift.

Many boardies do not need to know the facts or read a thread in its entirety before spouting off an opinion or even starting an argument.

It's a gift.

No one will move on. This thread will continue through next week unless it gets poofed.

Just sayin' :shrug:

It's a gift.

No one will move on. This thread will continue through next week unless it gets poofed.

Just sayin' :shrug:

The Mods won't poof this thread, although they might prune it.

And yeah, if history is any indication, this circular discussion will go on for some time. :)

+10 Gazillion

Wait...what? You mean you guys actually READ comics? :whatthe:

For me, the order goes like this:

Reader

Collector

Flipper

Only 60 new posts? :P

I have strong doubts everyone has read each and every post in these 1258 pages before writing…

+10 Gazillion

No. Before fantasy takes hold to an unpredictable degree, this is not right at all: he may have bought and sold a million books, but he obviously cared for the content.

As I stated in a previous post of mine he asked for advice on reading, and nicely accepted it and got involved in conversation about the stories and the characters (totally irrelevant issues if he was that teenage monster coming out of the picture… :sick:

And as long as you are not even sure he was him or his father posting on Facebook, most of the considerations are arbitrary to say the least

Including yours 2c

hm not a bad strategy. It wouldn't sell last time, so I will raise the prices and let you talk me down to the original price you didn't want to buy it at.

If ever I am mentioned in this thread and a discussion is held about me, I would like to think that by now someone will PM me and give me a heads up.

Including yours 2c

Have you bothered to read what I posted before, Logan?

Because here it seems most people are just worried more to vent what goes through their brain, or arbitrarily contradict others, instead of examining the situations in a reasonable way, which could be also helpful to set aside momentary "judgements" and see what can be done for other people, and not only the possible "damage" they have done.

Said this, this is definitely the worst facet of this forum, and the biggest issue is that some seem to be proud of it… :sick:

Including yours 2c

Have you bothered to read what I posted before, Logan?

Because here it seems most people are just worried more to vent what goes through their brain, or arbitrarily contradict others, instead of examining the situations in a reasonable way, which could be also helpful to set aside momentary "judgements" and see what can be done for other people, and not only the possible "damage" they have done.

Said this, this is definitely the worst facet of this forum, and the biggest issue is that some seem to be proud of it… :sick:

Yes, I read what you wrote. Weighed against his other actions it makes me believe what you're saying isn't true. Not that he didn't say it to you, I just believe everything he did and said was part of the whole money making endeavor.

+10 Gazillion

Wait...what? You mean you guys actually READ comics? :whatthe:

For me, the order goes like this:

Reader

Collector

Flipper

There are a lot more nouns to describe you than this... :grin: