• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Still believe, as I said when this was first revealed, this was not ALL done only by the 12 year old. Not only the content of the posts and PMs but the timing(during school hours) and frequency lead me to believe the dad was posting just as often as the kid.

Agree 100% :sumo:

They have these things called smart phones where you can access the internet even during school hours

I believe he has a tablet. One of the few things he said in a pm that I think is true.

I understand he could be using a phone/tablet. But don't you also generally have "school" during school hours? Not this kid I guess...

They have these things called smart phones where you can access the internet even during school hours

I believe he has a tablet. One of the few things he said in a pm that I think is true.

I understand he could be using a phone/tablet. But don't you also generally have "school" during school hours? Not this kid I guess...

I have two teenage sons. Trust me, teachers today are not the disciplinarians you would expect them to be. In most cases, as long as the kids show up and warm seats, that's good enough.

Not if you're being home schooled by mommy and/or daddy.

This is the last I'm going to say about this. It's my OPINION, mind you, but one I hold firm.

For those of you hoping this kid will "learn from this", suddenly have an epiphany and see the error of his ways, don't hold your breath. For those of you who may think I speak harshly, remember it's only my opinion. I'm sorry to wonderful people like Sharon. I know you believe in being optimistic about people, but I don't know about this one. I have seen, worked, and dealt with sociopaths in the military. He is not remorseful, though he may say otherwise. He's just going to get worse as he gets older. He learned nothing from this except to maybe cover his tracks better and perhaps have a sit down with Daddy to devise ways to avoid being caught in the future.

The effort he has made to deceive is both phenomenal and unnerving. It wasn't his Dad, it was HIM posting. Possibly his father assisted with some of the writing, but I highly doubt it. Watch the video if you haven't yet. The kid is EXTREMELY intelligent. He was here on the Boards not to make friends, not to fellowship, he was simply here to fit in so he could MAKE MONEY. He used what he has learned here to help with that, but he started down this path before he ever came here. What has he done on the boards besides that? I don't know much about him, aside from the fact he was annoying and really wanted no part of him. Something about him didn't sit right with me.

Think about it - he rarely if ever lost money on a transaction, or got the worse end of a deal. He backed out of Pay it Forward responsibility due to an acute malady? The level of detail he went to deceive is indicative of his intelligence and intent. Symptomology of testicular torsion can be googled as with anything nowadays, so its conceivable he came up with the idea himself. Nothing life threatening, but something acute, painful, and something a guy can relate to. But hey, free comics, right

He has scammed numerous (at LEAST a half dozen) Boardees for partial refunds ($5-$25) for supposed over graded books, or books damaged by shipping, then flipping them. That's not counting those who haven't or won't come forward. He was brazen enough to flip them on these very Boards! For those of you that think it's minor, compound that by 10 books. 50 books. 100 books. Then also factor in the money for selling the book at a higher grade for a higher price. Think of what he might be doing right now on another comic book forum, or even eBay.

Make no mistake IMO he is NOT regretful, aside from the fact he got caught. He's a 12 year old in love with profit. The lengths he went to deceive reflect that. Also remember - he is being raised in an environment where this is highly encouraged, it seems.

After a time he may be back with another ID. Let's hope not.

When I was a kid, I once got in "trouble" for reading a comic book I had hidden inside my history book. I had finished the history chapter we were told to read and I was bored and wanted to read my comic;) I had good grades and had done that many times, no one noticed until that one day.

Our school district has classes that are taught on Ipads, some programs even give (lend) the kids the Ipads for their schoolwork.

What's to prevent a kid from opening 2 windows? Instead of a comic in his history book (which I'd prefer here;) he had a chatboard open in his tablet.

I have two teenage sons. Trust me, teachers today are not the disciplinarians you would expect them to be. In most cases, as long as the kids show up and warm seats, that's good enough.

For the most part, society won't let teachers be disciplinarians any more. And, for the most part, parents don't want their kids having any discipline whatsoever.

:thumbsup:

This is the last I'm going to say about this. It's my OPINION, mind you, but one I hold firm.

For those of you hoping this kid will "learn from this", suddenly have an epiphany and see the error of his ways, don't hold your breath. For those of you who may think I speak harshly, remember it's only my opinion. I'm sorry to wonderful people like Sharon. I know you believe in being optimistic about people, but I don't know about this one. I have seen, worked, and dealt with sociopaths in the military. He is not remorseful, though he may say otherwise. He's just going to get worse as he gets older. He learned nothing from this except to maybe cover his tracks better and perhaps have a sit down with Daddy to devise ways to avoid being caught in the future.

The effort he has made to deceive is both phenomenal and unnerving. It wasn't his Dad, it was HIM posting. Possibly his father assisted with some of the writing, but I highly doubt it. Watch the video if you haven't yet. The kid is EXTREMELY intelligent. He was here on the Boards not to make friends, not to fellowship, he was simply here to fit in so he could MAKE MONEY. He used what he has learned here to help with that, but he started down this path before he ever came here. What has he done on the boards besides that? I don't know much about him, aside from the fact he was annoying and really wanted no part of him. Something about him didn't sit right with me.

Think about it - he rarely if ever lost money on a transaction, or got the worse end of a deal. He backed out of Pay it Forward responsibility due to an acute malady? The level of detail he went to deceive is indicative of his intelligence and intent. Symptomology of testicular torsion can be googled as with anything nowadays, so its conceivable he came up with the idea himself. Nothing life threatening, but something acute, painful, and something a guy can relate to. But hey, free comics, right

He has scammed numerous (at LEAST a half dozen) Boardees for partial refunds ($5-$25) for supposed over graded books, or books damaged by shipping, then flipping them. That's not counting those who haven't or won't come forward. He was brazen enough to flip them on these very Boards! For those of you that think it's minor, compound that by 10 books. 50 books. 100 books. Then also factor in the money for selling the book at a higher grade for a higher price. Think of what he might be doing right now on another comic book forum, or even eBay.

Make no mistake IMO he is NOT regretful, aside from the fact he got caught. He's a 12 year old in love with profit. The lengths he went to deceive reflect that. Also remember - he is being raised in an environment where this is highly encouraged, it seems.

I never thought it was the father, I've always thought it was him posting.

He's obviously had guidance because his father set "goals"...and he's 12. I hope he can learn right from wrong and I hope if he's really that smart, he and his parents get some help putting him on the right path.

I'm not clairvoyant.

:thumbsup:

I posted yesterday that I felt sad for the kid and this would sum up why. Maybe I should have said pity, I don't know? I had the good fortune to have wonderful parents but where would I be now had I grown up in this environment. That doesn't excuse the kid's actions, he will need to take responsibility. It's not until we take responsibility for ourselves that we step into adulthood. Unfortunately, I don't think this kids father is leading him anywhere. That is sad!

Edited by Mr Sneeze

Can someone share the link to the video? I'm not seeing it anywhere. (shrug)

Ask him for it. GIJOE is logged in right now.

lolbig little brother is watching...

9:27 AM on a Sunday, two of my posts deleted even though they blocked out information about the dad and the son, and a couple of people were actively chatting here.

hm

No. There are no dual-account members here.

9:27 AM on a Sunday, two of my posts deleted even though they blocked out information about the dad and the son, and a couple of people were actively chatting here.

hm

No. There are no dual-account members here.

Fascinating.