• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Did something just go poof?

*sprays Lysol* Sorry 'bout that... I am a bit gassy today.

:blush:

-slym

lol:sick:

He has been banned as of today.

:applause:

How a 12 year-old built up this scheme and fake personality still amazes me. This stuff has to be going on in his life around him, and like Keyser Soze he calls it out with the personality he builds.

Testicular cancer - estranged daughter coming back to live with him (a story he told me) - former hay baling business owner that found collectibles a better life (a story he told someone else).

Stephen King maybe could come close to this kid's storytelling ability!

How a 12 year-old built up this scheme and fake personality still amazes me. This stuff has to be going on in his life around him, and like Keyser Soze he calls it out with the personality he builds.

Testicular cancer - estranged daughter coming back to live with him (a story he told me) - former hay baling business owner that found collectibles a better life (a story he told someone else).

lol is that true? That's some quality BS right there.

I don't care if he's a kid I still want to punch some sense into him

Oh, it is all true. And since he is fake...

Wow, can't even trust family ties any more. I tried to show my son a Family Ties episode, and it was about Alex's "first time". :facepalm: Really FT? The next episode was about "Uncle Arthur making a pass at Malerie". REALLY? WHY!!!!

Even how upset he became when there was some racey material on Family Ties that he felt was embarrassing.

Keyser. Soze. Lives!

I thought it was testicular torsion, not testicular cancer. Not that it matters, just gotta keep my scorecard right :-)

Told me he was suffering from the former.

144876.jpg.0468b07f262e6ce50bf74e99b95068bc.jpg

:eyeroll: Of course you do. You're far angrier than your Shakespearean namesake. All he wanted to do was write poems, go to swinging parties, and get his spoon wet. I'm sure punching 12 year old kids can be therapeutic, but for some reason, soo-ciety frowns upon stuff like that.

:eyeroll: Of course you do. You're far angrier than your Shakespearean namesake. All he wanted to do was write poems, go to swinging parties, and get his spoon wet. I'm sure punching 12 year old kids can be therapeutic, but for some reason, soo-ciety frowns upon stuff like that.

sorry but I don't think putting little timmy in the corner for a timeout is going to fix this one

goes double for the dad

Edited by A.Romeo

So I bought this Walking Dead 100 Red Foil Variant on eBay from seller wood2k1 and it arrived today with a two cracks and a big split down one side, a huge scuff and split on the other. I immediately contacted the seller and he says he won't refund the money because he doesn't see any damage, and starts immediately going off on how he has never stiffed a customer since 2001 and blah blah and that I'm am trying to scam him because I did a "Best Offer" to which I replied "you don't walk into a car dealership and ask to pay sticker price". Please tell me if I am seeing damage that isn't there?:

12447061844_655a52d476.jpg

Quarter by jdrevan, on Flickr

12446712473_f29bf3457a.jpg

giant scratch and crack by jdrevan, on Flickr

12447070584_d3a0ff2709.jpg

Gap and Crack by jdrevan, on Flickr

12447071504_696b1faa36.jpg

20140210_234807 by jdrevan, on Flickr

12446589325_8b8cd39cf9.jpg

20140210_234748 by jdrevan, on Flickr

So I bought this Walking Dead 100 Red Foil Variant on eBay from seller wood2k1 and it arrived today with a two cracks and a big split down one side, a huge scuff and split on the other. I immediately contacted the seller and he says he won't refund the money because he doesn't see any damage, and starts immediately going off on how he has never stiffed a customer since 2001 and blah blah and that I'm am trying to scam him because I did a "Best Offer" to which I replied "you don't walk into a car dealership and ask to pay sticker price". Please tell me if I am seeing damage that isn't there?:

CGC cases are not sealed closed on the side. If you give them enough of a tug, you can pull the sides slightly open, but never enough to slip the inner well out. This way, if you decide to crack the book out later, you don't do damage to the comic.

CGC cases are not sealed closed on the side. If you give them enough of a tug, you can pull the sides slightly open, but never enough to slip the inner well out. This way, if you decide to crack the book out later, you don't do damage to the comic.

But do they usually come with cracks and scuffs too? I looked through a few of my other CGC slabs and have yet to find one that I can fit more than a finger nail in the crease.

But do they usually come with cracks and scuffs too? I looked through a few of my other CGC slabs and have yet to find one that I can fit more than a finger nail in the crease.

The seller is right, there's nothing wrong with this particular slab.