• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

The memes I saw are extremely graphic, and extremely disturbing. The one making such a meme is, at the very least, excessively disturbed. The ones enjoying such memes are, in tandem, equally disturbed. Regardless of where they were made, or why they were made, or where they were found...the fact is, they exist. Someone went to the effort of funneling their psychosis into these incredibly disturbing images.

For the safety and sake of the board, that person, and those who took part in passing them around for enjoyment, really need to be removed from the community, permanently.

I really do hope the moderation team gets this one right. It's far, far too much past the line to be considered "a joke."

Rupp - you have, unfortunately, gone past a line that is not tolerable. In fact, these memes can quite easily be construed as threats, and you might very well face prosecution for them.

As for Bosco....while trying to stick up for him would normally be admirable, the fact is, he is quite capable of answering for himself, and, indeed, has done precisely that. You don't need to be telling others to "leave Bosco alone" when Bosco himself won't let it alone.

Bosco - How many people have to accuse you of being intellectually dishonest before you realize that the common denominator is you? You accuse people of the very things you do, as if no one can see that. Do you, yourself, not see it? I really believe you don't. If not, at least recognize that most people don't say these things because they are "out to get you"...but perhaps because it is just the truth.

Hate speech is never acceptable, under any circumstances, ever. In my time here, I've seen instant bannings for those who use them.

Threats of violence and/or attempts at violent intimidation can obviously not be tolerated either.

In this instance, Bio-Rupp has placed CGC and the moderation team they employ in an extremely bad position. He used the CGC message boards to communicate both of the above to others here. Whether by design or accident, this communication found its intended victims. CGC is now aware of the situation, and if he were to follow through on some of his violent fantasies, CGC could be held liable for not taking action. I think their hands are tied in this case.

Having been on these boards for nearly 10 years and being involved enough board drama to last me the rest of eternity I can say that nothing makes me want to wretch more in regards to internet dealings than the clique mentality.

I don't think this discussion is about cliques.

Not to make this about me, but I felt personally betrayed when I saw the memes that Rupp had made about me. I'd never done anything against the guy and I think I even defended him at one point in CG a few years ago. No good deed goes unpunished it seems. In fairness he did apologize to me via PM although he didn't admit that he created the memes. He just apologized for my feelings.

As far as the other memes go, I genuinely don't remember who showed them to me but I found them disturbing in a way that I find crude horror disturbing. While I don't have a problem dealing with real life horror (because that is reality) finding entertainment in crude horror is something I have a personal problem with because it takes effort to create it. I don't have the stomach to think up horrific things about real people but more importantly I believe it hardens the heart and prevents a person from understanding and more importantly actually feeling empathy for others. Well, it does for me personally anyways.

We all have our dark corners and cobwebs but this site has always been about functioning as a community of good people. Rupp may not rip anyone off in a comic deal but creating stuff like this has consequences. That's the cost. Coming clean honestly is really the only solution to this drama.

(shrug) I'm confused. Which one is this one. ?

I'm disturbed by the current sensibility that intolerance needs to be tolerated and babysat with great care. That somehow, hate speech is just someone's opinion and we should embrace the opinion and not offend the perpetrator. Hate speech is NOT free speech. I find the homophobic slurs indefensible and if the allegations that they were made by a member in this community are true, that member should be banned immediately.

Dan

Most either don't want to get involved or don't care. In my heart I hope Rupp comes on here and makes this right and the other guys can accept an apology and move on.

All this has got way out of hand.

Just because people aren't posting doesn't mean that people aren't reading...

Most either don't want to get involved or don't care. In my heart I hope Rupp comes on here and makes this right and the other guys can accept an apology and move on.

So true.

Dan

Well these boards have turned into everywhere else on the web.

Congrats. :(

Forums are what their members choose to make them. We still have a choice in the ultimate direction of this place. There are dozens, hundreds, or more mature adults on this forum with the capability and desire to treat others with the respect they would demand for themselves.

All it takes is for them to speak, be heard, and not relent.

And doesn't it really boil down to this? Treat each and every boardie with respect and kindness and just ignore them if they aren't your cup of tea.

These images are immature, disturbing and unhealthy and they specifically TARGET boardies Rupp doesn't like. Creating them is unacceptable and there's no room for this type of animosity on the boards.

Forums are what their members choose to make them. We still have a choice in the ultimate direction of this place. There are dozens, hundreds, or more mature adults on this forum with the capability and desire to treat others with the respect they would demand for themselves.

And doesn't it really boil down to this? Treat each and every boardie with respect and kindness and just ignore them if they aren't your cup of tea.

These images are immature, disturbing and unhealthy and they specifically TARGET boardies Rupp doesn't like. Creating them is unacceptable and there's no room for this type of animosity on the boards.

Agreed, I just avoid those I do not like, and imagine people who do not like me (though I could never see why) avoid me.

I knew there were people that did not get along well on the boards but not to this extent. Murder Avatars are no joking matter. Heck, I didn't even realize there were cliques until now. I guess that means I am not in one. Story of my life!

Sometimes it is good to not be in a clique. I enjoy my lone-wolf status.

;)

-slym

I haven't seen any memes that have been offensive,to me(at least the ones I have seen) have all been meant to be joking.I must admit I haven't been following this at all,but heard that others had gotten into a Photobucket type of account of rupps.Retreaving these these unintended for board use memes.Is this true? Then how can you lay blame on Rupp? If he didn't intend them for board use,he probably made them for some fun banter,then decided that they were inappropriate.

I knew there were people that did not get along well on the boards but not to this extent. Murder Avatars are no joking matter. Heck, I didn't even realize there were cliques until now. I guess that means I am not in one. Story of my life!

Sometimes it is good to not be in a clique. I enjoy my lone-wolf status.

;)

-slym

Stop making stuff about you :baiting:

I haven't seen any memes that have been offensive,to me(at least the ones I have seen) have all been meant to be joking.I must admit I haven't been following this at all,but heard that others had gotten into a Photobucket type of account of rupps.Retreaving these these unintended for board use memes.Is this true? Then how can you lay blame on Rupp? If he didn't intend them for board use,he probably made them for some fun banter,then decided that they were inappropriate.

Superimposing the words "mushmouthed gay person_without_enough_empathy" on an image of a boardie's avatar getting executed is meant to be a joke?

The only reason these memes haven't been posted publicly on the boards by their creator is because it would mean an immediate ban.

No offense Dave, but maybe you should follow a little more closely before speaking out about it. 2c

Superimposing the words "mushmouthed gay person_without_enough_empathy" on an image of a boardie's avatar getting executed is meant to be a joke?

I said the memes that I have seen.I had not seen any of that.Did Rupp post those memes or did someone else who got into his photobucket?

No offense Dave, but maybe you should follow a little more closely before speaking out about it. 2c

Just trying to understand before I pull out my pitchfork. (shrug)

The only reason these memes haven't been posted publicly on the boards by their creator is because it would mean an immediate ban.

Don't bother. It's the boardie of the year stupidity curse.

Exactly - it is losing situation to post anything that doesn't agree with the mob here. You'll just be put on the list for the next stalk, provoke and fry campaign. Others have already stated that if you don't agree with them, you're one sick puppy.

Well, at least you hear me, and Lizards2 can smell me. Now I just need someone to see me and another to touch....wait a min

:/

Exactly - it is losing situation to post anything that doesn't agree with the mob here. You'll just be put on the list for the next stalk, provoke and fry campaign. Others have already stated that if you don't agree with them, you're one sick puppy.

It kinda seems like you're painting Rupp as the victim here? Please, correct me if I'm wrong sir.

Don't bother. It's the boardie of the year stupidity curse.

Then shouldn't the people that did post it get banned? (shrug)

:applause:

IMO the people going into Rupps photo bucket account looking for these types of images are looking to use these to their own ends. We all get that you do not like each other. Move on put each other on ignore.

I am not standing up for Rupp, but you people are condoning what and how these memes where obtained. Rupp might not have known his pb account was not set to private and you people went into them invading his privacy.

Now you are talking about having him banned for these boards, if he gets banned then so should the people that retrieved these memes and put them on this board should also receive the same treatment.