• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

I agree it's obvious what he's doing. I don't agree that that means he's by definition a scammer/shill/junk donkey ALTHOUGH THAT IS POSSIBLE.

Well...to the best of my recollection...I never claimed he was a scammer, shill, or junk donkey.

He was bumping a bunch of inactive marketplace threads to get his post count up. And I was poking him with a stick for it.

I don't see why we can't do that. Isn't there a one year minimum to participate in the secret santa?

It's more that we didn't want to overload the poll with too many variables, so the 6-month limit got put aside.

But like you said, it definitely makes sense, and will be brought forward later.

I couldn't care less about the PIF thread. (shrug)

Bumping 50 inactive marketplace threads is asshattery at its finest though.

Exactly, but once we propose a 6-month waiting period, this asshattery-based behavior should come to a quick end.

asshattery :cloud9:

I solved the mystery of who we're talking about!

Why are people ragging on this guy? He wants to get to 50 posts - it's not like he's hiding it.

If he's posting inane things in order to do so, that puts him in company with about 99% of the boardies here. You're acting like he's some kind of scammer. He wants to participate in the PIF thread, and he knows what the requirements are. Look, if he ends up joining in and junk-donkeying up the joint then by all means bash him. Otherwise, give it a rest.

If you really want to rail against inconsequential posts, go and stalk Kav or something.

Why in the world would you try to encourage people to rail against Kav? He may annoy some people with his posting style, but at least he's making an effort to contribute to the boards and engage in genuine conversation.

You've been here long enough to know that nobody is "railing", "ragging" and "bashing" this guy and treating him like a scammer. But if someone is going to try to circumvent the spirit of a rule (without technically breaking it)...then they should expect to take a few jabs. Especially after 50 posts of "nice book". Beyonder took notice of this effort on the 26th at 8 p.m.....and by 9 a.m the next day, the name change had been requested and granted. Coincidence? Possibly...but a pretty strange one.

Appearances to the contrary aside, I don't really feel strongly enough about this Cemetary guy to engage in a big debate over semantics, but just quickly: I don't know that what he's doing is circumventing the spirit of the PIF rules at all. It's not uncommon for new boardies to be encouraged to go elsewhere and up their post counts so that they can participate.

"New boardie posts a load of rubbish and changes his name" is hardly newsworthy, is it? Forgive me if I read the earlier comments as people thinking they were cleverly unearthing some kind of scam.

Oh, and on Kav - I was (flippantly) encouraging people to rage against inconsequential posts, not against him in particular. Although I will confess to being annoyed by the frequency of his posts, if not the style.

New member signs up and bumps 25 marketplace threads with the same "amazing books" comment.

Changes name and does the exact same thing again.

Are you really jumping in to defend this behaviour? Really?

You mean that last post in my sales thread (that was removed) was just spam and not from the heart?

I so disillusioned... :sorry:

Wasa junk donkey?

In case you are being serious, it is a slang term for people in the PIF Thread.....

If you don't know where the PIF thread is, it is located Here

Why are people ragging on this guy? He wants to get to 50 posts - it's not like he's hiding it.

If he's posting inane things in order to do so, that puts him in company with about 99% of the boardies here. You're acting like he's some kind of scammer. He wants to participate in the PIF thread, and he knows what the requirements are. Look, if he ends up joining in and junk-donkeying up the joint then by all means bash him. Otherwise, give it a rest.

If you really want to rail against inconsequential posts, go and stalk Kav or something.

Why in the world would you try to encourage people to rail against Kav? He may annoy some people with his posting style, but at least he's making an effort to contribute to the boards and engage in genuine conversation.

You've been here long enough to know that nobody is "railing", "ragging" and "bashing" this guy and treating him like a scammer. But if someone is going to try to circumvent the spirit of a rule (without technically breaking it)...then they should expect to take a few jabs. Especially after 50 posts of "nice book". Beyonder took notice of this effort on the 26th at 8 p.m.....and by 9 a.m the next day, the name change had been requested and granted. Coincidence? Possibly...but a pretty strange one.

Appearances to the contrary aside, I don't really feel strongly enough about this Cemetary guy to engage in a big debate over semantics, but just quickly: I don't know that what he's doing is circumventing the spirit of the PIF rules at all. It's not uncommon for new boardies to be encouraged to go elsewhere and up their post counts so that they can participate.

"New boardie posts a load of rubbish and changes his name" is hardly newsworthy, is it? Forgive me if I read the earlier comments as people thinking they were cleverly unearthing some kind of scam.

Oh, and on Kav - I was (flippantly) encouraging people to rage against inconsequential posts, not against him in particular. Although I will confess to being annoyed by the frequency of his posts, if not the style.

I bet you absolutely loathe me.

:whee:

-slym

Wasa junk donkey?

Junk donkey.....That sheit never gets old. :roflmao:

It would look great on a t-shirt. lol

I have the design, I just need some startup $.

Hey, that might be a great Kickstarter project!

:idea:

-slym