• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'd like to know how sellers manage to sell raw books without assigning grades or posting back cover scans.

Seriously.....

Many VCC sellers don't post back scans due to space limitations and they seem to do just fine. (shrug)

Without grades?

I'm referring to books posted without grades & without BC scans. Just a FC pic & a price.

I'd like to know how sellers manage to sell raw books without assigning grades or posting back cover scans.

Seriously.....

Many VCC sellers don't post back scans due to space limitations and they seem to do just fine. (shrug)

Without grades?

I'm referring to books posted without grades & without BC scans. Just a FC pic & a price.

I agree that it is hard to understand, in a hobby where value is directly determined by grade.

There is no rule here that you have to provide a grade, only pics, but for myself I never buy anything that does not have a grade. In my experience though, everytime I have seen a book I liked without a grade, and having PM'd the sellers, they have always given me a grade. Which does beg the question.

I'm wondering why assigning a grade was not made part of the necessary info of a sales thread?

Seriously.....

Without grades?

I agree that it is hard to understand, in a hobby where value is directly determined by grade.

There is no rule here that you have to provide a grade, only pics, but for myself I never buy anything that does not have a grade. In my experience though, everytime I have seen a book I liked without a grade, and having PM'd the sellers, they have always given me a grade. Which does beg the question.

I'm wondering why assigning a grade was not made part of the necessary info of a sales thread?

I'm more reflecting on the buyers in this scenario. Unless they PM for a grade prior to posting :takeit:.....these buyers are a comic dealers wet dream. :insane:

doesn't it depend on the price? i mean for a $1 I'm going to assume it's a beater/reader etc. However something tells me you are talking about higher priced books

I'm talking about books where if the bc cover was missing....you'd take a serious bath.

doesn't it depend on the price? i mean for a $1 I'm going to assume it's a beater/reader etc. However something tells me you are talking about higher priced books

I'm talking about books where if the bc cover was missing....you'd take a serious bath.

And there is the interior of the book as well, and the many defects that are not visible in pics/scans that are accounted for by giving a grade.

And there is the interior of the book as well, and the many defects that are not visible in pics/scans that are accounted for by giving a grade.

Exactly. I hope these buyers don't attempt to complain about the books when they get them. As far as I'm concerned....the books are sold 'as is'.

Rule 7 states that you must post scans (plural) or information about the grade of the book. I think that Arch and the team meant that it must either be a FC and BC scan (hence the use of the word scans rather than scan) or a grade but people are playing fast and lose by posting a FC and saying good enough.

Exactly. I hope these buyers don't attempt to complain about the books when they get them. As far as I'm concerned....the books are sold 'as is'.

hm now i'm curious about the thread you are talking about, link?

Rule 7 states that you must post scans (plural) or information about the grade of the book. I think that Arch and the team meant that it must either be a FC and BC scan (hence the use of the word scans rather than scan) or a grade but people are playing fast and lose by posting a FC and saying good enough.

And apparently....it is. :facepalm:

hm now i'm curious about the thread you are talking about, link?

I've seen mutiple examples over the past couple weeks.

I don't point fingers (tsk)

Plus, it's possible these buyers PM'd for grades prior.

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

I agree completely. While the rules here are (I think wisely) kept to a minimum, the general purpose is to create confidence in the marketplace by encouraging transparency in all transactions. What the product is should be clear, what the terms are should be clear, what the obligations are should be clear. 2c

Oceanavekid, Were you able to sell everything you claimed in the PIF thread on EBAY or just a couple of items? Luckily Techvoodoo is very generous so you should be able to turn a nice profit. GLWTS!