• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I read the last several pages and the related sales thread. (I like to read this thread as it provides a lot of information regarding sellers, buyers, and the personalities of some members)

It seems like the majority of the members involved have been around awhile.

Does this not happen often?

The agreement between buyer and seller was finalized with the first :takeit: correct?

"Let so-in-so have it" would be a second agreement that would need to be approved by the secondary purchaser and the original seller, would it not?

Are dealers really on this site buying 1 comic at time?

If it was someone else it probably wouldn't have been as big an issue. But as previously stated he has a long history of threadkrapping and passive aggressive behavior that has worn pretty thin with boardies it seems.

You did nothing wrong.

Sometimes, it's not about what we do wrong or right but how we react.

^^

It speaks volumes about someone's character.

Going on the offensive as opposed to a little bit of self reflection and humility is a giant tell.

At the end of the day though, "cool books" is becoming more and more important to many here.

imo CC did nothing wrong. He put up the :takeit: and decided to take it. Nothing wrong with that.

I think some of you are off on this instance. I also think that some of you are confusing this instance with others. He was not thread crapping at all.

I see thread crapping in sales threads a lot and nobody calls them out.

Jeffro said "Sometimes, it's not about what we do wrong or right but how we react."

and I do agree with this statement, but I also and I am only speaking for myself, that I read how people react to others here and even if that person has a book that I might be interested in I will pass because of how they reacted and how they treat someone on these boards.

The URL says "collectors society"....not shark tank.

QFT

-slym

Reminds me of one of my favorite board quotes. :cloud9:

And while it was said tongue-in-cheek, there is definitely some truth to it.

Some collectors would crash through a group of preschoolers then step on their own mother's throat just to buy a book off of Hitler with the hope of selling it to Satan for a few extra bucks. :insane:

If I were to ever grab a book and decide that I want my buddy to have it, I think it would be best handled by PM.

Agreed, but until now there has never been a problem, and it was an "unwritten rule" that he who BINs controls the fate of the comic, assuming payment is made in some form.

But all it takes is one guy to ruin it for everyone and then out come even more :rulez: .

imo CC did nothing wrong. He put up the :takeit: and decided to take it. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh yeah, that's *exactly* what happened. :facepalm:

Did you not even read my post? I was in the thread looking at books when it happened, and I know perfectly well what went on and clearly outlined it in a post.

Agree or disagree is fine, but lying isn't.

Making the statement in the thread itself can only cause hard feelings making outside parties feel cheated so in my opinion should not be done there.

But why did no one ever "feel cheated" and "claim the book" the other 7 million times it's happened on the forums? hm

If I were to ever grab a book and decide that I want my buddy to have it, I think it would be best handled by PM.

Agreed, but until now there has never been a problem, and it was an "unwritten rule" that he who BINs controls the fate of the comic, assuming payment is made in some form.

But all it takes is one guy to ruin it for everyone and then out come even more :rulez: .

What post? In the BA Spideys, Adams Tecs, Kaluta, Wrightson, Thanos thread? You have nothing in that thread. :facepalm:

There is no binding agreement between the second I'll Take It and the seller unless the seller decides to offer the book to them after the first I'll Take It passes for whatever reason.

Second I'll Take It means nothing.

What post? In the BA Spideys, Adams Tecs, Kaluta, Wrightson, Thanos thread? You have nothing in that thread. :facepalm:

What thread do you think you're posting in? :screwy:

I'm not sure I'm a fan of "1st :takeit: decides if he doesn't want the book he can pass it along to whomever" - at least in public (as opposed to a PM). That seems right along the lines of cutting in line. When you introduce someone not in line for the book, you screw the 2nd "I'll Take It" (if it's posted) out of a legitimate offer when he was technically there before the new buyer.

I know some of these things transpire in private, and that's a private issue. How the buyer and seller handles that behind the scenes is their business - but I think doing this stuff in a thread is going to cause the kinds of problems that it did. 2c

Is it just me or are all the sales threads about to get threadkrapped in hilarious ways?

I'm assuming the J Scott Campbell SSM 29 will be next, followed by the impending ECCC DC presale threads.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7523968&fpart=1

This one might be next, not threadkrapping IMO, but pointing out something that obviously should have been disclosed.

I'm selling a variant, but won't say who's it is... then CBT posts this:

If by not official you mean not approved by Image Comics, it is. I have no control over info at Image and don't know if or when they may choose to talk about variants

And no, I did not pay to produce this. I don't even know who the other retailers are. But I wish I had, I really love the cover!

k, well, thread is closed now anyway, but you are still being vague and choosing akward wording in your response.

Anyway, I got the info now:

MenacesRevivalHomeBrewVariant.png

You could have just said, "Menace produced the book, yes its a Home Brew variant solicited by a group of people, and I am pre-selling for them."

regardless of anything else, people have a right to know what they are buying. Full disclosure is necessary for sales threads to run smoothly. Love the cover on this book, but I'll stick to official variants.

Look's like the exclusive was/is Jake's (Menace / Mercenary Art Studios) and Troy actually seems to have known the whole time as well since he posted in the Facebook thread.

Proxy selling?

Edited by BeachBum

what issue of x-men would you use as cutoff between bronze and copper to comply with FS forums? thanks

There seems to be no consensus on this, but as a suggestion maybe not above 164. I picked 164 because I've seen the Cockrum books sell with Bronze, beyond 164 I cannot say for sure. 2c

I'm not sure I'm a fan of "1st :takeit: decides if he doesn't want the book he can pass it along to whomever" - at least in public (as opposed to a PM). That seems right along the lines of cutting in line. When you introduce someone not in line for the book, you screw the 2nd "I'll Take It" (if it's posted) out of a legitimate offer when he was technically there before the new buyer.

This analogy is totally off, and it has nothing to do with "cutting in line" as you are giving up your place, not adding to the line, i.e. cutting. :facepalm:

A proper comparison would be Person A sitting on a subway train or bus, then *giving up* his seat to someone else as a *favor* and then getting up and standing again. Who cares if that older lady you gave a seat to just got on, and an angry, glaring gentleman has been standing there for 5 stops - it's your seat and you can give it up to who you want.

And like I said, this "do a favor and give up the book to someone else" has been an unwritten board rule for some time, and I cannot believe people are so freaking petty.