• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

It looks like he made a sweet $50 just off of a piece of it.

Sweet Sweet Profit

What was his follow-up PIF offer?

Nothing good

I just offered to give someone a solid 9.6 or better X-Men 212 singed by Chris Claremont and CGCED for free. Tho he didn't want the book that would have been a sure $150+ he wanted his X-Men 141 done instead, so I put up all the fees to have it done. Something I know a lot of people wanted

Wow...so the 212 got better since you listed it? And it's spiked in value too!!

My offering X-Men 212 or #171 Listing as 9.0 or better(id say better)

Only pick one you say?

I'm going to try something different

Pick one of the comics and next weekend March 7th at WW Sacramento i'll have Chris Claremont sign the book and send it off for the CGC Sig series. (It cost a bit of money to do everything thats why it's just one book) I'll put whoever claims the book address so it ships to you once it's done being graded

Now it's going to be a while before you get the book(CGC grading can take a bit of time) But whenever the book comes in I'll ship it off to you

I pay all the fees SIG CGC SHIPPING EVERYTHING & you get a nice high grade book. I know the 212 in really high grade can go for over $100

It was a nice idea...but sub and shipping is about $30 and the book is $5 raw in "9.0 or better".

Even if I rounded this up to $40 you made more than that on your Flip of the Infinity Gauntlets with 2 nice sets of comics left over to flip.

No need to puff up the offer. It is what it is. It's not junk, but it's not $150 either.

Start high and ask for Best Offers.

You might want to consider moving a few things cheaply in the beginning so that people see how you ship, and you get a few transactions under your wing before trying to move some better stuff.

i'd also lose the bold print. No one else uses it, and that is not by mistake.

Edited by shadroch

Sweet Sweet Profit

Nothing good

I just offered to give someone a solid 9.6 or better X-Men 212 singed by Chris Claremont and CGCED for free. Tho he didn't want the book that would have been a sure $150+ he wanted his X-Men 141 done instead, so I put up all the fees to have it done. Something I know a lot of people wanted

Only pick one you say?

Pick one of the comics and next weekend March 7th at WW Sacramento i'll have Chris Claremont sign the book and send it off for the CGC Sig series. (It cost a bit of money to do everything thats why it's just one book) I'll put whoever claims the book address so it ships to you once it's done being graded

Now it's going to be a while before you get the book(CGC grading can take a bit of time) But whenever the book comes in I'll ship it off to you

I pay all the fees SIG CGC SHIPPING EVERYTHING & you get a nice high grade book. I know the 212 in really high grade can go for over $100

It was a nice idea...but sub and shipping is about $30 and the book is $5 raw in "9.0 or better".

Even if I rounded this up to $40 you made more than that on your Flip of the Infinity Gauntlets with 2 nice sets of comics left over to flip.

No need to puff up the offer. It is what it is. It's not junk, but it's not $150 either.

lmao

I always under grade my books. I've said it more than once i'd rather under grade than over grade. That book was way better than a 9.0 you can ask the board member that sold it to me. I only say grades because people complain if you don't, on the boards pictures don't speak for themselves.

Those "Two nice sets" Not saying the batman lot wasn't nice just saying it wasn't the million dollar lot you make it out to be. I sold the batman for a whole $8 and that took a few weeks to get and like i've said before I'm keeping the punisher/Sandman books. I'm getting rid of my books, those books just happen to be part of the books i'm selling. He had what 30 issues or so of spiderman I could have grabbed if I wanted to make total profit. I listed that set high which again was better than a 7.0 I didn't think anyone would buy them at that price but they did. I've seen enough drama in the PIF thread already. I've seen tons of drama on this site. Seems like if theres no drama people aren't having any fun. The new guys always get picked on even if they don't do anything. Talk all the you want. I have better things to do than feed the drama. I know what I offered. Just because someone puts a grade on a book doesn't mean the book is that grade. Long time collectors should already know that. Once someone gets something be it paid or free it's theres to do whatever they want with. Sell it trade it burn it throw it away whatever it is. It was a generous offer that I'm thankful for the punisher series is some of the best i've read. I'm not only selling the books I got from him, i'm selling 99% of what I have. I keep some, some sold.

Edited by oceanavekid

Sweet Sweet Profit

Nothing good

Only pick one you say?

lmao

I always under grade my books. I've said it more than once i'd rather under grade than over grade. That book was way better than a 9.0 you can ask the board member that sold it to me. I only say grades because people complain if you don't, on the boards pictures don't speak for themselves.

Those "Two nice sets" I sold the batman for a whole $8 and that took a few weeks to get and like i've said before I'm keeping the punisher books. I'm getting rid of my books, those books just happen to be part of the books i'm selling. He had what 30 issues or so of spiderman I could have grabbed if I wanted to make total profit. I listed that set high which again was better than a 7.0 I didn't think anyone would buy them at that price but they did. I've seen enough drama in the PIF thread already. I've seen tons of drama on this site. Seems like if theres no drama people aren't having any fun. The new guys always get picked on even if they don't do anything. Talk all the you want. I have better things to do than feed the drama. I know what I offered. Just because someone puts a grade on a book doesn't mean the book is that grade. Long time collectors should already know that. Once someone gets something be it paid or free it's theres to do whatever they want with. Sell it trade it burn it throw it away whatever it is. It was a generous offer that I'm thankful for the punisher series is some of the best i've read. I'm not only selling the books I got from him, i'm selling 99% of what I have. I keep some, some sold.

I thought they were dupes.

No wait you took them because they were "good reads". But you wouldn't need them if they were dupes, would you?

No wait, you're getting rid of all your books, which is why you took more books.

Once you get something it is yours to do with as you please, unless you said you wanted them because they're good reads and you instalflip them on Ebay. And then you say it's because they were dupes, which means you didn't need them as readers. Which makes everyone think you were lying when you said "They look like good reads" as your impetus for taking them in the first place.

Take yourself down off of the "New Guys Get Picked On" cross. New guy, veteran guy, doesn't matter when you take something under one pretense and it turns out to not be true.

Really sorry that your flip on the Batman set you got for free wasn't as instant or as profitable as you had hoped. Maybe you'll be able to take advantage of other boardie's generosity more effectively next time.

Sweet Sweet Profit

Nothing good

Only pick one you say?

lmao

Those "Two nice sets" I sold the batman for a whole $8 and that took a few weeks to get and like i've said before I'm keeping the punisher books. I'm getting rid of my books, those books just happen to be part of the books i'm selling. He had what 30 issues or so of spiderman I could have grabbed if I wanted to make total profit. I listed that set high which again was better than a 7.0 I didn't think anyone would buy them at that price but they did. I've seen enough drama in the PIF thread already. I've seen tons of drama on this site. Seems like if theres no drama people aren't having any fun. The new guys always get picked on even if they don't do anything. Talk all the you want. I have better things to do than feed the drama. I know what I offered. Just because someone puts a grade on a book doesn't mean the book is that grade. Long time collectors should already know that. Once someone gets something be it paid or free it's theres to do whatever they want with. Sell it trade it burn it throw it away whatever it is. It was a generous offer that I'm thankful for the punisher series is some of the best i've read. I'm not only selling the books I got from him, i'm selling 99% of what I have. I keep some, some sold.

No wait you took them because they were "good reads". But you wouldn't need them if they were dupes, would you?

No wait, you're getting rid of all your books, which is why you took more books.

Once you get something it is yours to do with as you please, unless you said you wanted them because they're good reads and you instalflip them on Ebay. And then you say it's because they were dupes, which means you didn't need them as readers. Which makes everyone think you were lying when you said "They look like good reads" as your impetus for taking them in the first place.

Take yourself down off of the "New Guys Get Picked On" cross. New guy, veteran guy, doesn't matter when you take something under one pretense and it turns out to not be true.

Really sorry that your flip on the Batman set you got for free wasn't as instant or as profitable as you had hoped. Maybe you'll be able to take advantage of other boardie's generosity more effectively next time.

I never said anything about $8 not being enough I didn't pay anything for them

you just act like I'm about to get tons of money from the books

Not all where doubles, I never said every single one of the books were doubles

I've had these books for over 2 months

guess you can't read books in that amount of time

I just decided last week to sell most of my books

Twist my words any way you want

Edited by oceanavekid

Sweet Sweet Profit

Nothing good

Only pick one you say?

lmao

How/when do you decide to over-grade and/or grade appropriately?

In a sales thread it's a 9.0 but in a PIF it's a 9.6 (or better)?

Its me this week

Next week you'll be on to bashing someone else

Just scroll back some posts and you'll see what i'm talking about

You're getting feedback after taking advantage of other people's generosity.

This is a far cry from 'bashing.'

Sweet Sweet Profit

Nothing good

Only pick one you say?

lmao

How/when do you decide to over-grade and/or grade appropriately?

In a sales thread it's a 9.0 but in a PIF it's a 9.6 (or better)?

Like I said go ask the person I bought the book from. Comicbooksgo.com

It was way nicer than a 9.0. I'd rather someone be surprised that the book is nicer than what I said it was then be disappointed. I don't even like saying a grade i'd rather people look at the pictures and judge for themselves what they think it is. But people on the boards can't seem to do that. I'd had people message me saying how my PIF offerings were. It's free it shouldn't matter what the grade or what it is. You're not paying anything for it

You had the Infinity Gauntlet set you took from the PIF thread for "over two months" before you listed them on Ebay?

You had the Infinity Gauntlet set you took from the PIF thread for "over two months" before you listed them on Ebay?

Get off my bro

You're always on my case.

I mixed and sold the worst out of my set and his set. I had some that looked better than he had and he had one or two that looked better than what I had

Again probably better than a 7.0 set which is why the guy that bought them didn't complain

I sold those within a week of having them. I only wanted the best looking out of the two sets. The batman books are the only books I sold that I didn't have any extra copies of and I just sold those last week. Say what you want I really don't care. I don't have time for the drama. Board members i've done business with have no complaints. I'm just going to leave it at that

Edited by oceanavekid

I would recommend that you (oceanavekid) really think clearly and thoroughly what explanation you write in your next post. As it's not going in the direction you are hoping.

I just want to point out that the GPA on a Uncanny 212 sig series 9.6 is historically a $110 book with last sale being in october 2013 at $130, so lets not call it a $150 book. O and at 9.0, its a $20 book.

Sweet Sweet Profit

Nothing good

Only pick one you say?

lmao

I never said anything about $8 not being enough I didn't pay anything for them

you just act like I'm about to get tons of money from the books

Not all where doubles, I never said every single one of the books were doubles

Not twisting your words...reposting them...word for word..

Here's the post where you took those books:

Sorry my camera takes garbage low light shots, and since it's night I can't take anything outside to photograph. Shipping free inside the US, will cover first $10 international. Pick any/all options.

Option 1 - 2011 Greg Rucka Punisher Series, Complete issues #1-16

punisher.jpg

Option 2 - New 52 Batman Inc #0-13

batinc.jpg

Option 4 - Mini-Series Lot

Mini_Series.jpg

I haven't taken anything in a while

All these look like good reads

I really enjoyed the FF annuals I got for topcat

I'll take 1 2 4 If you need a few $$ for shipping let me know

Not sure I can top the last offering but I'll see what I have left in my comic box

I'll post my offering in the morning, my gf is asleep I don't want to wake her

You said they "ALL these look like good reads, as if you didn't have them to read, already in your collection. ALL. Tricky word that "ALL".

Then you say here:

Oceanavekid, Were you able to sell everything you claimed in the PIF thread on EBAY or just a couple of items? Luckily Techvoodoo is very generous so you should be able to turn a nice profit. GLWTS!
I just sold all the doubles I had

If they were "doubles" you didn't need them as readers then.

The books were take 2/26 and received on or about 3/7 and listed on ebay within a couple of days.

Infinity Gauntlet's sold HERE

Then you mention here this about those books:

See how this might lead people to believe that you were less than forthright in your pickup and resale of the books.