• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

What were his rules before he started editing his first post?

Right now they all say

"PM if interested" and "PM for details"

but Im guessing that was editied to read as such after you raised your concern.

What did it say before.

Did it even mention the :takeit:?

Thanks Jeffro. If that's how it is...that's how it is.

I think the initial response to me from the OP that the books sold over the weekend is quite suspicious when he posted 1 was still for sale last night.

Can you see how it makes no sense?

Hi everyone,

I could use your help. In this sales thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7574352&Board=79&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD

I posted an I will take it when the OP posted that 1 copy was left for sale.

I claimed it and then PMd the OP for his PP address to pay.

He then informs me

"Sorry man, my thread never said " " would equal instant transaction, only discussions via PMs. The book in question was 'sold' over the weekend. I'm just waiting for payment. If I don't get payment soon I have about 3-4 other buyers waiting in line via PM."

Since no rules were in place about how to claim a book I am confused what is going on.

I feel I am entitled to purchase a copy and receive it.

What do you think?

Thanks for your assistance.

The highlighted portion of his statement makes no sense and is in direct contradiction to this post on Monday April 7th at 6:25pm

Only 1 #6 CGC 9.8 variant plus the #6 CGC SS left!

How could they be all sold over the weekend?

Right now they all say

What did it say before.

To my knowledge it never mentioned anything about :takeit:

I think the initial response to me from the OP that the books sold over the weekend is quite suspicious when he posted 1 was still for sale last night.

A "Pending" or "On Hold" would have been helpful. Agree that you are SOL but it's bad form on OP's part.

Hi everyone,

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7574352&Board=79&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD

He then informs me

"Sorry man, my thread never said " " would equal instant transaction, only discussions via PMs. The book in question was 'sold' over the weekend. I'm just waiting for payment. If I don't get payment soon I have about 3-4 other buyers waiting in line via PM."

Since no rules were in place about how to claim a book I am confused what is going on.

What do you think?

The highlighted portion of his statement makes no sense and is in direct contradiction to this post on Monday April 7th at 6:25pm

Exactly and thank you. That's what smells here

It could be suspicious or it could not. How can anyone know for sure? That's why I said you're out of luck.

A "Pending" or "On Hold" would have been helpful. Agree that you are SOL but it's bad form on OP's part.

I don't disagree. I'd never run a sales thread that way.

Hi everyone,

He then informs me

What do you think?

Exactly and thank you. That's what smells here

:facepalm: Okay, I see the dates now. Something might be funny here and if he is flat out lying, then he sure has stepped in it.

Right now they all say

What did it say before.

To my knowledge it never mentioned anything about :takeit:

The sales thread only stated "PM if interested"... ??? ?? It never said "First :takeit: in the thread wins"? (shrug)

If not, I think it is in bad form, but within the seller's discretion as there was no indication a "take it" in the thread would trump PM discussions. :sorry:

I think this was discussed don't know where. But a simple rule as to how a book should be claimed, seems fair to a buyer.

I request, for all buyers and possibly sellers piece of mind, that a FS thread should state in a boardies rules/thread "How a Book Should be Claimed"

Just sayin.

Seems Fair

2c

:popcorn:

Of course, the VCC would be exempt because the process of claiming comics in that venue can only be done via PM.

Did anyone else notice that Arch addressed the issue of just throwing out a :takeit: with no book named or quote of a book? (thumbs u

BUYERS When you reply to a sale thread indicating that you'll buy something you must indicate what book you're buying. Otherwise, if someone else is more specific than you are first, your offer won't be considered valid.

Edited by Architecht (02/25/14 05:17 PM)

I don't know that I've ever seen a sales thread posted that was specifically directed to only PM about purchases, but its the sellers discretion.

I would say that if a seller is looking to run a thread that way s/he needs to be very timely in updating their sales thread with the current available inventory vs what has been taken via PMs.

I could see a scenario where a book was sold (pending payment) thus having all the books sod, payment was not made, or the buyer backed out and one of the books was made available again.

Again when a sales thread is done in public its easy cause there's transparancy.

If its all done in PMs then its the Sellers job to keep potential buyers up to date and the thread up to date. .

Also Im not a big fan of going back and making changes to the original posting, just do it in sequence. Keeps everything chronological.

Thanks. I'm really not trying to be a pain the butt on this.

I'd just wait 6 months and pick one up for $125 or less.

GPA 90 day is $135 and there's been only one sale above that...at $178.

These weren't a deal. At all. You didn't miss anything. It's modern with 50+ copies in blue 9.8 on the census. A few high sales and some hype and there will be 100 in a couple months.

You'll be able to wallpaper your boat house with 'em they'll be so cheap.

These weren't a deal. At all. You didn't miss anything. It's modern with 50+ copies in blue 9.8 on the census. A few high sales and some hype and there will be 100 in a couple months.

Like all the variant covers for the WD #1 and 100 and 115 etc? Cause that's a good idea. hmlol

It's true and it's a hot modern right now. Waiting would be the smart thing to do. :)

It's more on the basis that he ran a horrible sales thread and his attitude stinks.

But I'll let it go. Thanks everyone

^^