• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I have enjoyed the experience of both a little selling and buying (loads of buying!) on this board since the inception of the marketplace. It has slowly descended into nonsense of late. I am glad for the few sellers that I trust and for the excellent service they've given in the past. The present, however, is murky.

Dan

Trainwreck

doh! The sales threads have become the wild west.

The buyer who posted I'll take it....OWNS THAT BOOK now at the price you listed in the thread. If he is offering less than the price then he is breaking the rules.

Do we really think ANYONE is actually receiving a book out of that sales thread? ;)

I think it will be great fun to see how the two boardies involved in that sale turn out.

I have enjoyed the experience of both a little selling and buying (loads of buying!) on this board since the inception of the marketplace. It has slowly descended into nonsense of late. I am glad for the few sellers that I trust and for the excellent service they've given in the past. The present, however, is murky.

Dan

More people equals more problems.

Trainwreck

doh! The sales threads have become the wild west.

The buyer who posted I'll take it....OWNS THAT BOOK now at the price you listed in the thread. If he is offering less than the price then he is breaking the rules.

Do we really think ANYONE is actually receiving a book out of that sales thread? ;)

Is that thread real?

Dan

More people equals more problems.

6T5Um51.gif

I wish I had $295 that I could throw willy, nilly at doh!

Throw it at me...wait...

I'm gonna throw saltines at you like shurikens

I'm gonna fling oyster crackers at you like sling bullets

And If I'm feeling particularly cheeky, I'm gonna roll Town House all up in your grill.

Throw it at me...wait...

And If I'm feeling particularly cheeky, I'm gonna roll Town House all up in your grill.

I'm not worth a Ritz?

Throw it at me...wait...

I'm not worth a Ritz?

Jerkro's Uncle used to be their pitchman...

Throw it at me...wait...

I'm not worth a Ritz?

Town House is an upscale Ritz. You should feel honored. You do feel honored don't you?

Curious where you looked for value because Overstreet (2012 is what I have handy) has GD (2.0) Listed at 850 and VG (4.0) listed at 1700. Newkadia has GD (2.0) at 900 and VG (4.0) at 1800. And here is a 2.5 listed on Feebay at 1700 BIN http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-X-Men-1-Sep-1963-Marvel-CGC-2-5-1st-X-Men-1st-Magneto-Epic-Key-/261397542943?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cdc81f81f&autorefresh=true

I looked here:

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/p-indiv.aspx?kbzNqfVayhXyEphf4FZwjV4ZEo%2fY3amuGydnN0T6VUQ0HNrlB4EFJCWHrXUDjZ33yrAiUEz%2bgtIhVmSx2RXE2Q%3d%3d

and here:

http://comicbookrealm.com/series/13034/0/marvel-the-x-men-vol-1

Sorry if this has been asked before. I couldnt find anything. I know from time to time a boardie falls on hard times and we gather around and raise the money. I was wondering if the same thing would apply without running a sales thread? Im not looking for a handout or bend the rules by any means. It is for my daughters Odyssey of the mind team in 3rd-5th grade.

We set up an account through go fund me. Is it ok to post in the water cooler? I dont want to over step my limits here and get a strike or anything like that. We just need to raise some money. Its a great team a great cause. If none of its ok mods please remove this. If it is ok someone tell me the are i can post in and i will do so. That way i can give more info what it is.