• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

lol

So he has to quote exactly and you get to quote only part of what he said? Interesting

Well since the PL nomination arose from how people are interpreting the wording he used when dealing with the buyer via PM, I think it's important.

People should know what he said when he was:

a) declining an offer & telling a buyer it wasn't available twice

b) negotiating to get his listed price (so he could refuse it and get on the PL)

c) neither of the above

As for NOT quoting the rest of Harvey's blatherings??

It wasn't relevant to him misquoting a PL nominee....

:gossip: he should probably stick to his "plus ones" & "winnah" posts...

Except that your "quote" skipped the "might" just to make your point. :makepoint:

I have no idea what you're talking about, please be more specific or put a red flashing box & an arrow pointing to it like Harvey did.

Isn't the 'might' part still the sellers choice, not the buyers.

If I ask if you'd sell your coffee table for a hundred bucks, and your response is "I might"

What would be your reaction to walking into your living room and finding a c-note in one of your tables carpet divots?

is this serious?

It was a week old thread and the seller never said the thread was closed.

Now I have a question that also involves this, what is the expiry date on PL. If I invoice someone and only see they didn't pay two or three months after the fact, is it PL worthy? Just like, is there a 30 or 60 day period of inactivity that we assume a thread closes? no? than PL worthy.

is this serious?

It was a week old thread and the seller never said the thread was closed.

Now I have a question that also involves this, what is the expiry date on PL. If I invoice someone and only see they didn't pay two or three months after the fact, is it PL worthy? Just like, is there a 30 or 60 day period of inactivity that we assume a thread closes? no? than PL worthy.

My understanding is that there is no limitation for the PL.

If I ask if you'd sell your coffee table for a hundred bucks, and your response is "I might"

What would be your reaction to walking into your living room and finding a c-note in one of your tables carpet divots?

Except he didn't publicly offer his coffee table for sale :makepoint:

What I he did a week earlier and had since changed his mind?

Or what if he didn't change his mind... yet his wife told him he couldn't sell it ? hm

Still isn't the same. The seller declined the buyer's offer (which is equal to your offer of $100). When that happened, the buyer agreed to pay the seller's asking price. It's not like jawn made the seller accept his offer, which would be the case in your example. He agreed to pay the asking price. In your example, you forced him to sell his coffee table at YOUR price.

Does Jawn even care about this book as much as the people posting in this thread?
Heck, I don't even know what the book is. And I'm certainly not spending good coffee table money on it.

Does Jawn even care about this book as much as the people posting in this thread?
Heck, I don't even know what the book is. And I'm certainly not spending good coffee table money on it.

The coffee table is only 100 bucks :shrug:

lol

Nope, he responded to me saying he didn't care here

Saying this on May 2nd.

Maybe it was an oversight I don't know and really don't care at this point.

Then he got added on May 5th.

- bababooey - the new king of quoting out of context to win an argument.... :acclaim:

:D

lol

lol

lol

lol

:roflmao:

Nobody cares. That's why all the silky responses.

Saying this on May 2nd.

- bababooey - the new king of quoting out of context to win an argument.... :acclaim:

That's true, but how am I supposed to guess that? We did a little back and forth. He said he might hold onto it to take pictures, but an hour later the thread is still open so I make a solid offer. Thread still open, he thinks it might be too low, thinks he is going to hold onto it. Hours later thread still open I reply in PM and on the public thread that I will take it for the full price he was asking. If he wanted to keep it why keep the thread open? Maybe it was an oversight I don't know and really don't care at this point. He's not selling me the book. I need to work on some trades, and be happy with the one thing that worked out this week my freshly opened Doom Patrol #99.

I'm reading jawn's quote above that bababooey linked to. hm

The last PM that oceanavekid posted on the subject was at 9:56 on 4/30/14. Jawn posted the :takeit: at 4:14 am on 5/1/14. Did jawn expect the 'kid to check his PM's sometime in the wee hours of the night? I personally can't count that as "hours later" since the majority of America is in bed at that time hm

I think it all boils down to communication hm

Saying this on May 2nd.

That's true, but how am I supposed to guess that? We did a little back and forth. He said he might hold onto it to take pictures, but an hour later the thread is still open so I make a solid offer. Thread still open, he thinks it might be too low, thinks he is going to hold onto it. Hours later thread still open I reply in PM and on the public thread that I will take it for the full price he was asking. If he wanted to keep it why keep the thread open? Maybe it was an oversight I don't know and really don't care at this point. He's not selling me the book. I need to work on some trades, and be happy with the one thing that worked out this week my freshly opened Doom Patrol #99.

The last PM that oceanavekid posted on the subject was at 9:56 on 4/30/14. Jawn posted the :takeit: at 4:14 am on 5/1/14. Did jawn expect the 'kid to check his PM's sometime in the wee hours of the night? I personally can't count that as "hours later" since the majority of America is in bed at that time hm

If its indeed just all communication, and supposing Jawn no longer cares, that should make it easy for oceanavekid to take the steps to get off the PL, yes?

Saying this on May 2nd.

If its indeed just all communication, and supposing Jawn no longer cares, that should make it easy for oceanavekid to take the steps to get off the PL, yes?

I think the main problem is that oceanavekid doesn't seem to care that he's on it, much less making an effort to get removed.

Saying this on May 2nd.

I think the main problem is that oceanavekid doesn't seem to care that he's on it, much less making an effort to get removed.

Yes, suggesting that the problem is more than just communication, its also attitude.

Saying this on May 2nd.

Yes, suggesting that the problem is more than just communication, its also attitude.

Which carries a lot of weight with this crowd.